Shanghai Subway Crash Injures over 200

Tokkemon

These are the kinds of things that happen when you combine a cost cutting mentality with no government mandated safety standards and a lack of respect for human rights.

Took the words right out of my mouth. The thing is people have short memories and they've be right back at it again looking to cut corners to get it "cheap".

These are the kinds of things that happen when you combine a cost cutting mentality with no government mandated safety standards and a lack of respect for human rights.

Oh great, more bashing of China. While some of it is true, American media makes it seem a bit worse than it is.

Oh great, more bashing of China. While some of it is true, American media makes it seem a bit worse than it is.

Everything SubwayGuy said here is true. China DOES try to do everything as cheap as possible (if they weren't, there wouldn't be serious design flaws as stated in the article) ,There are no safety regulations and If you read a history book, you know that China has a history of poor human rights and still does.

What does Human rights have to do with a subway crash?

Their government doesn't care about them, so they don't have very many safety standards.

At least our government feels that paying a transportation fare should allow you to reach your destination safely.

China sucks. There is your answer there.

STHU!!

If your gonna bash some peoples home countrys, do it somewhere else....

This is getting annoying....:tdown::tdown: Have you ever been there? If you haven't shut up.

Just by news stories DOESN'T mean what you say is true..

How would you feel if I say every country sucks exept china and the USA?

It's my parents home country. I have the right to bash it. Second of all I have origins from there so I am allowed to say whatever I want plus it's a free country that I am in. It is called the United States of America so I have the freedom to say whatever the darn hell thing I want so if I want to bash China then so be it. You have no right to deprive anyone the freedom of speech. If you don't like the heat then stay out of the kitchen.

China sucks. There is your answer there.

just because they unfortunately have a brutal authoritarian government, it doesn't mean the Chinese people are bad, many of them are very friendly and hard working and peaceful people. they have a culture spanning back centuries of contributions to art and science.

It is unfortunate they are left with a communist goverment on the mainland while the real government of china is stuck in Taiwan.

It's my parents home country. I have the right to bash it. Second of all I have origins from there so I am allowed to say whatever I want plus it's a free country that I am in. It is called the United States of America so I have the freedom to say whatever the darn hell thing I want so if I want to bash China then so be it. You have no right to deprive anyone the freedom of speech. If you don't like the heat then stay out of the kitchen.

LOL... :eek:

STHU!!

If your gonna bash some peoples home countrys, do it somewhere else....

It's not yours or anyone's home country unless you are a citizen of that country.

If you're an American citizen your only loyalties and sympathies should be to America, not foreign governments. I believe we used to call that treason, back when people had balls in this hemisphere. I have strong opinions on this because America has always been all about welcoming people here and getting them to assimilate in American life and be proud of being AMERICAN and be embraced as part of this country for it...I HATE the idea that people come here illegally, and I HATE the idea that people come here and proclaim loyalty to the "old country" and maintain Hyphenated-American status here...and turn on this country every chance they get.

However, that said, I do agree with you it is ignorant for someone to generalize a nation's PEOPLE based on their corrupt and incompetent government. People do it to America all the time, and I don't think that's right...so I don't hold a double standard.

But China's government sucks, and economically they are an enemy because the strategy of China's ruling elite and its aristocrat businessmen is to undercut the US economy to create international dependence on China so that it can become a superpower. And despite this selfish goal, they have no intention of treating their WORKERS anywhere near decently, which will have the unfortunate side impact of (if unchecked) sending the entire GLOBAL economy back to the dark ages of no workplace safety standards, unendingly long hours, low wages, no paid time off, and employers charging their employees money for tools, etc.

We've been there as a nation and we need never go back.

Archived