New Jersey Transit Motor Coach Industries

ciboii22

About time someone did some PABT pics this year! Nice!

I'd do it (again), but I have a few other interesting locations in mind. I've done that locale plenty of times, still fun though. I just might do it again, but I want them Jake Brakes to sound off and that area isnt too good for them! B)

About time someone did some PABT pics this year! Nice!

awesome! i like seeing pictures like this :cool:

Great stuff from PABT!!

Thanks , Im going to go do some more shots soon when I have the time to .

Thanks , Im going to go do some more shots soon when I have the time to .

I'm trying to get back to NJ for a trip so if you do, let me know. I need my fix of MCI's. There's only Gilligs here in Western PA where I'm at......only FOUR. Mass transportation here is like trying to find a a needle in a haystack: pathetic!

Nice catches of the 102s... Why are the LED Destination signs on the 102s slightly different than the D4500CLs?

The CNG's uses AESYS Destination Signs, from 7001 - 7049. All the others uses Luminators. Personally, I wish they had AESYS on all the buses. They look better. I like the side destination sign too that they have. It's double lined instead of the one line signs. More info. Useful for those morons on the 84 that keep asking IS THIS BERGENLINE? ITS THIS PARK AVE? ugh.

I'm trying to get back to NJ for a trip so if you do, let me know. I need my fix of MCI's. There's only Gilligs here in Western PA where I'm at......only FOUR. Mass transportation here is like trying to find a a needle in a haystack: pathetic!

I will let you know

So if you think the CNGs have a better destination sign system, then why are they getting replaced by Designline?

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't Designline get Aesys destination signs instead of using Luminator? I would imagine that every bus that NJT has, if they wanted to, they can get rid of all the Luminators and get Aesys. I don't think what model bus it is have nothing to do with the Destination sign choice.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't Designline get Aesys destination signs instead of using Luminator? I would imagine that every bus that NJT has, if they wanted to, they can get rid of all the Luminators and get Aesys. I don't think what model bus it is have nothing to do with the Destination sign choice.

They need to do something with alot of those signs. Alot of those Luminators are so dim they can barely be read during daytime. Plus whoever does the programming lately is horrible at it.....whoever did the 167Q was just lazy. There is gotta be a better way to display everything rather than have the the route number change size everytime it scrolls.

They need to do something with alot of those signs. Alot of those Luminators are so dim they can barely be read during daytime. Plus whoever does the programming lately is horrible at it.....whoever did the 167Q was just lazy. There is gotta be a better way to display everything rather than have the the route number change size everytime it scrolls.

Agreed. Thats why all the signs should be AESYS.

The AESYS on the cngs look strange, they just looks out of place to me.

I will admit I didn't like them at first (I think the font is a bit off),but they are bright as hell even in the daytime and the doublelined side signs are better because you can tell where a bus is headed in one glance rather than waiting for it to scroll.

The AESYS on the cngs look strange, they just looks out of place to me.

I dunno, 553. Yeah they look more unique than a Luminator, but I think they'd be a better choice. Honestly, I was annoyed when NJT got the NABI's, and they put Luminators for a destination sign and didn't realize that the side window has enough room and space where you could put a front destination sign on the side. More info, more opportunities for people to get it right.

What is amazing about the NABI's destination sign, is that the Clever Devices GPS has all the luminator codes, and they're on the specific route destination. Idk where the luminator controllers themselves are. I know they are controlled by Clever Devices.

On a side note: I want to see ALL the MCIs that still have Flip-Disc destination signs to be upgraded to Amber LED. AESYS or Luminator idc.

What is amazing about the NABI's destination sign, is that the Clever Devices GPS has all the luminator codes, and they're on the specific route destination. Idk where the luminator controllers themselves are. I know they are controlled by Clever Devices.

On a side note: I want to see ALL the MCIs that still have Flip-Disc destination signs to be upgraded to Amber LED. AESYS or Luminator idc.

Hate to burst your bubble. Not all the Routes is on the Clever Device GPS. You can't enter in a MCI line on that system except 121, 127, 128, 129, 164, and the 170-189 lines (Except 177). I know where the controls are if I need to enter them in, but again, since I know there are some NJT Snitches on here, I won't reveal where they are.

Archived