Which borough has your least favorite bus fleets/depots?

DanTheTransitMan

Agreed. Yesterday I was on 6046 with a broken seat...but it was just a little part on the bottom, no worries or problems. I think that those seats and interiors were already damaged, I mean look at the depots they came from! (Castleton!) Also, yeah that decal scheme look hot! I really do hope that 6257 is doing fine at KB..

Yeah, the Castleton sent the old buses to Casey Stengel Depot. Right now all Staten Island Orion 5 Diesels have Allison B-400R WTEC transmissions which is so much newer than the Allison World B-400R Transmission buses. Their buses were created in 1995-1997.

I LOVE the Orion 5's with Allison B-400R WTEC transmission. Their soundings are great and they haul ass! I'm not gonna lie, but I do not like the Orion 5 with World transmission. It sounds like crap like how they put on the Orion 7 CNG. My LEAST favorite bus is the Orion 7 CNG cause it's MAD LOUD, possibly slow, and tight. I live near the B8, and I can TOTALLY hear the Orion 7 CNG entering the stop, leaving the stop, and bypassing the stop. The ZF transmission mkes the bus loud either, and right now a Orion 7 CNG is entering my stop.

Agreed. Yesterday I was on 6046 with a broken seat...but it was just a little part on the bottom, no worries or problems. I think that those seats and interiors were already damaged, I mean look at the depots they came from! (Castleton!) Also, yeah that decal scheme look hot! I really do hope that 6257 is doing fine at KB..

Yeah, the Castleton sent the old buses to Casey Stengel Depot. Right now all Staten Island Orion 5 Diesels have Allison B-400R WTEC transmissions which is so much newer than the Allison World B-400R Transmission buses. Their buses were created in 1995-1997.

I LOVE the Orion 5's with Allison B-400R WTEC transmission. Their soundings are great and they haul ass! I'm not gonna lie, but I do not like the Orion 5 with World transmission. It sounds like crap like how they put on the Orion 7 CNG. My LEAST favorite bus is the Orion 7 CNG cause it's MAD LOUD, possibly slow, and tight. I live near the B8, and I can TOTALLY hear the Orion 7 CNG entering the stop, leaving the stop, and bypassing the stop. The ZF transmission mkes the bus loud either, and right now a Orion 7 CNG is entering my stop.

JG doesn't have any VII CNGs with ZF transmissions, IIRC, all the ZF CNGs are the ones with the Orange signs at WF.

JG doesn't have any VII CNGs with ZF transmissions, IIRC, all the ZF CNGs are the ones with the Orange signs at WF.

Allison World B-400R is what JG got....the ZF's are in West Farms!

Oh, sorry. My bad.

The ZF Transmissions on the Orion 7 CNG are also loud. Are ZF transmissions in 7 CNGs should reduce noise, or it's a same thing like the Allison?

Oh, sorry. My bad.

The ZF Transmissions on the Orion 7 CNG are also loud. Are ZF transmissions in 7 CNGs should reduce noise, or it's a same thing like the Allison?

Oh, sorry. My bad.

ZFs to an extent lowers the engine sounds as you can tell from the LFSs. Allison Transmissions usually makes a bus loud with somewhat smooth gear changes. ZFs have a tendency to make a bus extremely quiet on the outside with some jerky gear changes. There's not that much difference in sound for Series 50/ZF Ecomat buses on the outside, but on the Cummins/ZF powertrain package, you'll notice the difference in sound between those and the Allisons. On some of the ZF Orion VII CNGs, you can barely hear the ZF transmissions, in some units, they are pretty damn quiet, other units, the ZFs are sounding off. It's the engine and the groaring that makes the buses louder than it seems.

Hopefully this is a good example taken from the LFSs I've caught.

Allison Transmission LFSs

ZF Transmission LFSs

And some sound clips to differ

Allisons

ZFs

Oh, sorry. My bad.

ZFs to an extent lowers the engine sounds as you can tell from the LFSs. Allison Transmissions usually makes a bus loud with somewhat smooth gear changes. ZFs have a tendency to make a bus extremely quiet on the outside with some jerky gear changes. There's not that much difference in sound for Series 50/ZF Ecomat buses on the outside, but on the Cummins/ZF powertrain package, you'll notice the difference in sound between those and the Allisons. On some of the ZF Orion VII CNGs, you can barely hear the ZF transmissions, in some units, they are pretty damn quiet, other units, the ZFs are sounding off. It's the engine and the groaring that makes the buses louder than it seems.

Hopefully this is a good example taken from the LFSs I've caught.

Allison Transmission LFSs

ZF Transmission LFSs

And some sound clips to differ

Allisons

ZFs

ZFs have a tendency to make a bus extremely quiet on the outside with some jerky gear changes.

I've heard that the ZF Ecolife transmission, it has Helical Gears to reduce noise on the exterior and passenger comfort.

On some of the ZF Orion VII CNGs, you can barely hear the ZF transmissions, in some units, they are pretty damn quiet, other units, the ZFs are sounding off. It's the engine and the groaring that makes the buses louder than it seems.

Are there any good videos on-board the ZF Orion 7 CNG? I tried to find one, but none are good.

ZFs have a tendency to make a bus extremely quiet on the outside with some jerky gear changes.

I've heard that the ZF Ecolife transmission, it has Helical Gears to reduce noise on the exterior and passenger comfort.

On some of the ZF Orion VII CNGs, you can barely hear the ZF transmissions, in some units, they are pretty damn quiet, other units, the ZFs are sounding off. It's the engine and the groaring that makes the buses louder than it seems.

Are there any good videos on-board the ZF Orion 7 CNG? I tried to find one, but none are good.

I have a few sound recordings on YouTube

Here's one:

I have a few sound recordings on YouTube

Here's one:

Consider me late, but.

The transmissions are the same thing, past & present.

Consider me late, but.

The transmissions are the same thing, past & present.

Archived