Which borough has your least favorite bus fleets/depots?

DanTheTransitMan

Eh there're a lotta really nice guys at the depot, but there are a real collection of as$holes too. I wouldn't blame em though, I'm on the M2 daily and I'd be miserable too with the people on there too, whiniest group of riders around, I just sit and watch. That said though, there are some really nice fellas at the depot, all it takes it getting to know some of the guys. Plus growing up by the depot they were incredibly nice to me when I was a kid back then, so I gotta appreciate the people at Manhattanville as a whole, even if only a handful are still there.

Oh please... I ride the M1, M2, and M3 daily from Union Square to Midtown and sometimes the Upper East Side and I don't know where you're getting this miserable idea from. It's mainly old folks and professionals and folks that live on the Upper East Side or sometimes the blacks that live in Harlem will get on and some of the old folks are needy but I wouldn't say that they're miserable. You'll be old too some day... ;)

Eh there're a lotta really nice guys at the depot, but there are a real collection of as$holes too. I wouldn't blame em though, I'm on the M2 daily and I'd be miserable too with the people on there too, whiniest group of riders around, I just sit and watch. That said though, there are some really nice fellas at the depot, all it takes it getting to know some of the guys. Plus growing up by the depot they were incredibly nice to me when I was a kid back then, so I gotta appreciate the people at Manhattanville as a whole, even if only a handful are still there.

Oh please... I ride the M1, M2, and M3 daily from Union Square to Midtown and sometimes the Upper East Side and I don't know where you're getting this miserable idea from. It's mainly old folks and professionals and folks that live on the Upper East Side or sometimes the blacks that live in Harlem will get on and some of the old folks are needy but I wouldn't say that they're miserable. You'll be old too some day... ;)

What time do you usually take the M1, M2, or M3 because I think we are seeing two different groups of people here.

What time do you usually take the M1, M2, or M3 because I think we are seeing two different groups of people here.

If I really had a least favorite than it would be Fresh Pond..

My favorite would be.....(my username)

I like hybrids, there engines are awesome! Like that sound the OG makes when it leaves and I like the sound of the NG in the interior.. Not really an RTS fan.

But the other day some RTS from FP was spewing grey puffs of smoke from its exhaust..And two of their NGs I saw had a very loud screech. One NG I saw had tons of scrachitti on their back windows.

If I really had a least favorite than it would be Fresh Pond..

My favorite would be.....(my username)

I like hybrids, there engines are awesome! Like that sound the OG makes when it leaves and I like the sound of the NG in the interior.. Not really an RTS fan.

But the other day some RTS from FP was spewing grey puffs of smoke from its exhaust..And two of their NGs I saw had a very loud screech. One NG I saw had tons of scrachitti on their back windows.

Varies, but usually it's either in the afternoons or at night since I work in Midtown. I take the line just about everyday either to or from the office or to hang out somewhere in the city. On 5th Avenue you have more tourists and working professionals riding and on Madison I see more elderly folks and some working professionals and upscale folks as well and then you have your few "undesirables" here and there. ;)

Varies, but usually it's either in the afternoons or at night since I work in Midtown. I take the line just about everyday either to or from the office or to hang out somewhere in the city. On 5th Avenue you have more tourists and working professionals riding and on Madison I see more elderly folks and some working professionals and upscale folks as well and then you have your few "undesirables" here and there. ;)

I can't really decide what depot have terrible maintenance and such but I should not know what should I stick. Flatbush, MJQ, 126, East New York, Ulmer Park, Queens Village, and Castleton Depots has good maintenance.

I can't decide either Fresh Pond, or 100th St Depots has the most terrible maintenance. I would say more like both! There are things I dislike about them.

Fresh Pond Depot has mostly RTS which it mostly fall apart and make cracking sounds when it's in motion. The rear of the bus is worse cause I saw a B38 with the rear about to fall apart, about to show the engine and such. I forgot what number it is cause this happened for like a year and a half ago.

100th St Depot are FULL of New Flyer D60HFs, but I would think mostly they're kind of old. The buses are falling apart either and the thing that covers the side of the exhaust pipe is bad. The side of the exhaust pipe and workers can't afford to fix it cause maybe they don't have enough equipment for it. I am not so sure about this depot, but I've seen photos of the 100th St Depot, and the rear is bad because it's brownish color. Could they at least repaint it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things I like and dislike about the maintenances on some depots that least likely has terrible maintenance.

Jackie Gleason has some C40LF that weren't improved cause sometimes they make muffle sounds and loud screeches, but I don't seem to mind about it, unless if it's very terrible and interfers people's activities. Their buses are great though!

West Farms has D60HFs that stands up pretty well, but some D60HFs are repainted and some of them looks brownish on the back. Their buses are great!

Casey Stengel has great Vinyl Decal Scheme of the Orion 7 Hybrids. Their Orion 5 interior sometimes falls apart because it's old. I'm pretty sure they will most likely either fix it, or scrap that bus.

The buses I hate the most is when they have black smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe like toxic smokes bursting out of something. The diesel-powered buses has better sounding and great design! It can totally put any EPA diesel engines down there! The CNG buses are okay, and it also has great sounding. It also has Clean-Air Technology and clean gas which may be good for the environment! The hybrid-electric buses are fine, but the only thing I do not like is how they pull off fast. It also saves gas and uses batteries to produce electricity so no money is wasted!

Let me know if I have mistakes please! Thank you. :tup:

I can't really decide what depot have terrible maintenance and such but I should not know what should I stick. Flatbush, MJQ, 126, East New York, Ulmer Park, Queens Village, and Castleton Depots has good maintenance.

I can't decide either Fresh Pond, or 100th St Depots has the most terrible maintenance. I would say more like both! There are things I dislike about them.

Fresh Pond Depot has mostly RTS which it mostly fall apart and make cracking sounds when it's in motion. The rear of the bus is worse cause I saw a B38 with the rear about to fall apart, about to show the engine and such. I forgot what number it is cause this happened for like a year and a half ago.

100th St Depot are FULL of New Flyer D60HFs, but I would think mostly they're kind of old. The buses are falling apart either and the thing that covers the side of the exhaust pipe is bad. The side of the exhaust pipe and workers can't afford to fix it cause maybe they don't have enough equipment for it. I am not so sure about this depot, but I've seen photos of the 100th St Depot, and the rear is bad because it's brownish color. Could they at least repaint it?

There are things I like and dislike about the maintenances on some depots that least likely has terrible maintenance.

Jackie Gleason has some C40LF that weren't improved cause sometimes they make muffle sounds and loud screeches, but I don't seem to mind about it, unless if it's very terrible and interfers people's activities. Their buses are great though!

West Farms has D60HFs that stands up pretty well, but some D60HFs are repainted and some of them looks brownish on the back. Their buses are great!

Casey Stengel has great Vinyl Decal Scheme of the Orion 7 Hybrids. Their Orion 5 interior sometimes falls apart because it's old. I'm pretty sure they will most likely either fix it, or scrap that bus.

The buses I hate the most is when they have black smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe like toxic smokes bursting out of something. The diesel-powered buses has better sounding and great design! It can totally put any EPA diesel engines down there! The CNG buses are okay, and it also has great sounding. It also has Clean-Air Technology and clean gas which may be good for the environment! The hybrid-electric buses are fine, but the only thing I do not like is how they pull off fast. It also saves gas and uses batteries to produce electricity so no money is wasted!

Let me know if I have mistakes please! Thank you. :tup:

Several people on here dont like the hybrids lol. I like them, specifically the 6365-6489 batch.

They're probably the only Hybrids I care about besides some of the NG's.

Anyways If I was to chose one it would be Staten Island, Why? Because of their lack diversity with it ony being Orion's & MCI's, that & the fact that some of their Orion's are still in poor conditoning. To sum it up I just dislike Staten Island due to their Maintenace. Even though they got a little better there's still room to improve.:cool:

I don't really envy Queens either but not because of their NYCT depots for the most part but for the (MTA) Bus Depots. Just like SI I see a lack of Divesity in their fleet. It's all Orions & MCI. But at least their holding up well though. The Bee-line Orions aren't fairng as well as they used to ever since they came to (MTA). BP doing better with theirs but I dunno about LGA's. Speaking of LGA I still question their treatment of buses. For their sake I just hope they got better then before as they're getting another bus route in the form of the (Q38) I heard.

If I was to choose an NYCT depot form Queens it would be JA. I mention them because they're stealing our 96 Novas!:) jk but seriously it's becuase of the graffiti on their buses. I saw this on #4914 + a few other RTS's but specfifically on their NG's. Plus they smoke really bad compared to NG's from some other depots.

Just my $2.25.

Several people on here dont like the hybrids lol. I like them, specifically the 6365-6489 batch.

They're probably the only Hybrids I care about besides some of the NG's.

Anyways If I was to chose one it would be Staten Island, Why? Because of their lack diversity with it ony being Orion's & MCI's, that & the fact that some of their Orion's are still in poor conditoning. To sum it up I just dislike Staten Island due to their Maintenace. Even though they got a little better there's still room to improve.:cool:

I don't really envy Queens either but not because of their NYCT depots for the most part but for the (MTA) Bus Depots. Just like SI I see a lack of Divesity in their fleet. It's all Orions & MCI. But at least their holding up well though. The Bee-line Orions aren't fairng as well as they used to ever since they came to (MTA). BP doing better with theirs but I dunno about LGA's. Speaking of LGA I still question their treatment of buses. For their sake I just hope they got better then before as they're getting another bus route in the form of the (Q38) I heard.

If I was to choose an NYCT depot form Queens it would be JA. I mention them because they're stealing our 96 Novas!:) jk but seriously it's becuase of the graffiti on their buses. I saw this on #4914 + a few other RTS's but specfifically on their NG's. Plus they smoke really bad compared to NG's from some other depots.

Just my $2.25.

100th St Depot is my least favorite because those New Flyers are falling apart quickly and most of them sound awful with that loud screeching.

Wow I can't believe the maintenance improved on Staten Island, last time I was there (when I was a wee little lad) the Orion V's were messed up. I should go down to Staten Island to do some bus-fanning. Side note: Why were you expecting an anti-hybrid post, the Orion hybrids are fantastic buses.

How can you have such a strong opinion when you haven't been to SI in so long? Staten Island's buses are doing well except for the older MCIs. About the diversity thing, who cares? The buses don't run often enough to be choosy over the type of bus that shows up! :)

100th St Depot is my least favorite because those New Flyers are falling apart quickly and most of them sound awful with that loud screeching.

Wow I can't believe the maintenance improved on Staten Island, last time I was there (when I was a wee little lad) the Orion V's were messed up. I should go down to Staten Island to do some bus-fanning. Side note: Why were you expecting an anti-hybrid post, the Orion hybrids are fantastic buses.

How can you have such a strong opinion when you haven't been to SI in so long? Staten Island's buses are doing well except for the older MCIs. About the diversity thing, who cares? The buses don't run often enough to be choosy over the type of bus that shows up! :)

Agreed. Yesterday I was on 6046 with a broken seat...but it was just a little part on the bottom, no worries or problems. I think that those seats and interiors were already damaged, I mean look at the depots they came from! (Castleton!) Also, yeah that decal scheme look hot! I really do hope that 6257 is doing fine at KB..

Agreed. Yesterday I was on 6046 with a broken seat...but it was just a little part on the bottom, no worries or problems. I think that those seats and interiors were already damaged, I mean look at the depots they came from! (Castleton!) Also, yeah that decal scheme look hot! I really do hope that 6257 is doing fine at KB..

Archived