Gridlock alert day - Obama's arrival & Tree lighting Ceremony

Via Garibaldi 8

I tell you Obama needs to get a memo. He always comes here during the heat of rush hour. So he's going to fly in and landing right at 17:00 and then will shut down the FDR to go around the city doing fundraisers. You don't screw around with people's commutes... :mad::mad: Buses are going to be a mess today.

was watchin good day ny (channel 5) yesterday & they were talkin about how hellacious the commute's gonna be today....

caught the bm1 today... had no problem gettin in...

don't know what I'll do w/ the commute home; I'll prolly either walk over to west 4th for the (:(, or walk over to the willy B & catch the B46....

Why does Obama always choose to come in on days where other events are already happening?

Also, this is the third time that Obama and Justin Bieber are supposed to be in Manhattan at the same time (I know, they are just playing a recording from him tonight, but there will still be tons of pre-teen girls swarming the area to see it). Why do these two always do things together lol??

Well getting in this morning was a mess. I've got a slight cold (mainly congested), so I didn't feel like running out for the X30. Anywho, I thought I would plan to take the X14, but then I said screw it. It's a long walk and I'm already tired from this cold so I was going to take car service to the X12. Just as that idea popped in my head, I see on the news that there was a 4 car collision on the upper deck of the Verrazano and then they had a helicopter showing the backup from the Verrazano back to the SIE and I said forget it. Gotta go through NJ.

I got in around 10:20 or so. Only 20 minutes late, but I could've been here on time but the X17Js were a mess. I waited for at least minutes for one. Two X17As came, then an X17C and then finally a J, which was packed already by the time I got on at Victory & Richmond. I almost caught one of the new Prevost buses, but it was on the X17A (2421). Saw one deadheading back to Yukon too (2422).

I'm not sure about tonight either. I may just leave later since it's the end of the month and I need to approve invoices for payment, this way I can kill two birds with one stone. If I take the X30 around 18:30, I probably won't get home until 20:00 or after, so why bother to sit in traffic.

But I tell ya, I find it rather insulting that Obama repeatedly comes to the city in the heat of rush hour. Sure, he's the president, but if he calls himself representing the middle class the way he claims he does, he should realize that he's screwing up the commutes for thousands of people just to go around and do fundraisers and go hang out at restaurants and such. Anyone who needs to use the FDR will be royally screwed since it will be shut down during the heart of the rush.

Well, there goes my plans for the evening! Lower Manhattan would be even more of a mess with all that traffic spilling out onto there as well. Looks like I'll be out on Friday for some Express Bus shots. I rather not have to deal with all of this crap. The last time he came to town, I was at Lexington Ave and then they blocked off ALL of Park Avenue! I had to hop on the (6) to get the (E) just to go to 5th Avenue!

Well, there goes my plans for the evening! Lower Manhattan would be even more of a mess with all that traffic spilling out onto there as well. Looks like I'll be out on Friday for some Express Bus shots. I rather not have to deal with all of this crap. The last time he came to town, I was at Lexington Ave and then they blocked off ALL of Park Avenue! I had to hop on the (6) to get the (E) just to go to 5th Avenue!

lol... I'm going to take lunch soon because after 3pm a lot of Midtown will be shut down.

Archived