New York City Subway Route Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

its been 24 hours i think correct me if im wrong. But just in case here-

I have 3 other brothers but my service is local.I stop at forest hills along with somebody else.My First stop is Jamica-179 St.

Hint: This train stops at rockfeller center. And only for 15 stops it sticks with its brothers

Give me who is

the main train

the other 3 trains that run with it

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know friends who live in outer reaches of Queens and the Bronx that consider Manhattan "the city". Ill edit with a riddle in a bit.

Ahhh got one. Some background information: as many of you know, mainline tracks (see: ones that have revenue service running on them) in the NYC system are numbered 1-4 (also M in the IRT only). I am the only subway line to go across all four numbered tracks without physically diverging over a switch to get from one track to another.

The 7

its been 24 hours i think correct me if im wrong. But just in case here-

I have 3 other brothers but my service is local.I stop at forest hills along with somebody else.My First stop is Jamica-179 St.

Hint: This train stops at rockfeller center. And only for 15 stops it sticks with its brothers

Give me who is

the main train

the other 3 trains that run with it

(F)

(E)(M)(R)

You gave too many hints chief.

I know friends who live in outer reaches of Queens and the Bronx that consider Manhattan "the city". Ill edit with a riddle in a bit.

Ahhh got one. Some background information: as many of you know, mainline tracks (see: ones that have revenue service running on them) in the NYC system are numbered 1-4 (also M in the IRT only). I am the only subway line to go across all four numbered tracks without physically diverging over a switch to get from one track to another.

Is it the 7 ??

Another track riddle... 1-4 are generally mainline tracks, and 5+ are yards and sidings...

Me and my brother share usage of this mainline track that's numbered higher than 4. We also share equipment sometimes and sleep together. I terminate on this piece of track sometimes, and my brother originates next to me. Other than Coney Island/Stillwell, its the only terminal that has a track higher than 4.

Who am I?

Who is my brother?

Where is this piece of track located (station name is sufficient)?

What numbered track is it?

Correct answer here is the (B)(D) at Bedford Park. Contrary to what you might think, Bedford Park's middle track is actually numbered 5/6 after the leads that stem from it to its north. It is not 3/4 track as the rest of the Concourse's middle track. Also interesting is that one cannot directly get to 3/4 track from 5/6 track at Bedford, either way have to switch over at Tremont.

Archived