NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

this change continues to be out of whacked for my day #3

n20/n21 in flushing at about 5:40pm (4/10) yesterday, a whopping FIVE buses came in a 3 minute span. My bus had 4-5 people on the whole bus all the way.

This morning 7am westbound was strange too. The two scheduled bus nevered showed up. The next bus came early and waited at the gn lirr station for 12 min. Then the bus was packed to the door

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NICE needs to rewrite the N20/21 weekend schedule. CW Post/NYIT/Glen Cove Rd gets half hourly service on Sundays but not Saturdays.

Maybe they could extend one of the Roslyn trips to CW Post and cut the other one back to Great Neck LIRR?

The Banks Avenue stop on the N4 by the RVC depot is out of commission, no message from NICE or any sort of sign from the village of RVC itself. On top of that, 30 minute headways on the N4... I watched as the only Jamaica-bound N4 that could have gotten me home before sunset completely skip the stop and drive over the bridge. The two-and-a-half mile walk up Merrick was great, followed by watching the last N25 before 8:00 PM drive into the sunset.

Edited by Joel Up Front

Look at these comments from Newsday articles:

http://www.newsday.c...anges-1.3649524

I am not anti Veolia and realize they are doing the best they can under bad circumstances and I do appreciate the better communication with riders but Mike Setzer’s spin is getting a little annoying. A general cut is a general cut even if some get improvement s and the effects are minimized due to smart planning it is still a general cut. Good spin involves saying what is literally true to give a falsely positive picture. He keeps on saying only a small amount of people will have changes that are noticeable. Yes I am going to be “selfish” here for as moment to demonstrate a point even though my situation is far from the worst. My route the N24(Jericho Tpke) would be considered a busy route, not N6 busy but not one rider on a bus either. According to NICE rush hour apparently ends before 8AM because that is when “midday” 1 bus for every 1/2 service starts. Again this service is great compared to what some people have and can be easily planned for but that is not the point. Going from 1 bus at every 10 minutes to once every 15 minutes if you need to get the bus is not noticeable as Setzer says but going once every 10 to once every 30 thirty is noticeable and an example of Setzer’s disingenuous “spin”. What I really getting totally sick of hearing is how great they are compared to the MTA who would have cut 50% of the routes. Everybody even Veolia “haters” have bought into the notion that there would have been a 50% cut in routes but it most likely would have not happened not even close. If you live around here you know the drill, MTA proposes “doomsday” cuts and or fare hikes and after a bunch of screaming the cuts are much less or unforeseen money is suddenly “discovered” and the cuts are “postponed”. It happened with 50% cuts MTA LI Bus in was supposed to have in 2011 did it not? The true test what the MTA cuts would have really been compared to what Veolia’s will be after the 2nd, 3rd 4th, quarter cuts. Whether the cuts are or a bus service in general are deserved or not is your opinion but base your opinion on reality rather then spin “facts”.

and

http://www.newsday.c...anges-1.3650916

"Coping" with service these ill-advised changes is a real stretch of the imagination! Eliminating the N-6 Limited bus with stops that served many commuters and many other bus service connections and replacing it with the N-6 Express which serves very few is proving to be the nightmare I feared it would be. On Tuesday 4/10 during the PM rush returning from the 169th St. F train to Nassau county after a long day of work, it took almost one hour of waiting in a long and rowdy line of very frstrated commuters for me to finally get onto an N-6 local bus. As I'd suspected would be the case, I did get to see several nearly empty new N-6 express busses pass by, while dozens of us waited for an N-6 local with enough room to squeeze on. I fail to see how jamming local busses beyond capacity and running empty express busses serves the taxpayer or commuters!

I found some interlining done. N73 is with the 79. 79 and 50 interline. 50 and 46. 46 and 6 interline. I saw one driver Paddle that said this.

To specify 79 and 50 might only be one run but I gotta check.

I posted an analysis last Sunday that the N73 and N79 interline in both directions at Hicksville, at least on Saturdays. 50 and 46 have interlined at Bellmore for some time.

@Brett and n6L:

LOL, I didn't have time to post it here because it was uploaded on the day of my vacation departure so I didn't bother to think NYCTF, no offense!

Yes, I took it for a reason, and it is to be like the (MTA) Board Meetings and public, enjoy it! And yes there is a "spin" in some of the statements.

LOL, Cool Keystone. NIce video of the Community Meeting. Yeah they have to spin the adjustmentsm but at the same time they were truthful, like the N14 "Yes, it IS a reduction in service, but we think we will get more riders because it will do what it's supposed to do."

They fixed the Southern Nassau services well and logically (except N73/80/81 which should be cut to peak only). However, the Northern Nassau service is horrible, I don't seem to enjoy the reliable service anymore and all the fixes doesn't make sense. In my opinion, still Mangano and Schmitt is running the changes...

They fixed the Southern Nassau services well and logically (except N73/80/81 which should be cut to peak only). However, the Northern Nassau service is horrible, I don't seem to enjoy the reliable service anymore and all the fixes doesn't make sense. In my opinion, still Mangano and Schmitt is running the changes...

It would be helpful if you were more specific about what is not reliable anymore.

N21/N23/N27/N24/N78/N79 routes, purely ridiculous changes done by Veolia and Nassau County.

There's no loss of service on Old Country Road by extending the N24 to Hicksville and cutting back N78/N79. N23 and N27 are seen as duplicative north/south service so one was cut during the non rush.

NICE had to cut $7M. N73/N74 were cut back during the non rush to one bus per hour in each direction.

N81 the reason why it doesn't Work is INFREQUENT SERVICE it is a crosstown so it us too infrequent to attract ridership the N80 should be an express variant of N20 going non stop from hicksville to lakeville rd then great neck. In the future it may be able to go to LGA via cross island and 678 I know that part of cross island can support buses. But who knows

N81 the reason why it doesn't Work is INFREQUENT SERVICE it is a crosstown so it us too infrequent to attract ridership the N80 should be an express variant of N20 going non stop from hicksville to lakeville rd then great neck. In the future it may be able to go to LGA via cross island and 678 I know that part of cross island can support buses. But who knows

Do you take drugs that give you these ideas? I mean, most of the things you say and suggest on this forum are insane. Edited by Brett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzjbV-yTomY

There's no loss of service on Old Country Road by extending the N24 to Hicksville and cutting back N78/N79. N23 and N27 are seen as duplicative north/south service so one was cut during the non rush.

NICE had to cut $7M. N73/N74 were cut back during the non rush to one bus per hour in each direction.

There are no business by the N73 except by Division ave, McAurthur high schools village green and not good business on hempstead turnpike. and the N74 passes by nassau mall there is more need for the 74 then 73 in my opinion. Why can't Levittown schools make kids take the 73 if they need to go to Mcaurthur high school and vise versa for sports and other activities?

There are no business by the N73 except by Division ave, McAurthur high schools village green and not good business on hempstead turnpike. and the N74 passes by nassau mall there is more need for the 74 then 73 in my opinion. Why can't Levittown schools make kids take the 73 if they need to go to Mcaurthur high school and vise versa for sports and other activities?

Every student who goes to MacArthur HS and Salk JHS doesn't live on the N73 route. I certainly didn't when I went to MacArthur. (I lived near Jerusalem Avenue.) I know the city has reduced transportation metrocards for students. But Levittown has a fleet of school buses to accomodate different school schedules and athletic events.