Nassau Inter-County Express Bus Repaint/wrapped Roster

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1791 was rewrapped, got a new coat of paint and new rims she lookin fresh as hell

Wait wait wait, you said rewrapped and painted... What are they doing painting the buses (or part of the buses) & then wrapping them?

I wonder what the costs are to wrap the bus compared to painting them? I know wrapping is pretty expensive and surely they are doing it pretty cheap by getting a discount on the materials and using their own labor but you could argue they would be painting these buses just as cheaply as they would still would be using their own labor and would get a discount on buying the paint in bulk.

Wait wait wait, you said rewrapped and painted... What are they doing painting the buses (or part of the buses) & then wrapping them?

I wonder what the costs are to wrap the bus compared to painting them? I know wrapping is pretty expensive and surely they are doing it pretty cheap by getting a discount on the materials and using their own labor but you could argue they would be painting these buses just as cheaply as they would still would be using their own labor and would get a discount on buying the paint in bulk.

1791 got a fresh base coat of white then was wrapped

Vinyl is cheaper than paint

1791 got a fresh base coat of white then was wrapped

Vinyl is cheaper than paint

I know, but how much cheaper? Compared to rewrapping the buses if/when needed? I mean if their springing to but a new white coat on the bus how much more would it cost for a lil orange and blue? I think quality is important and I think most would agree some of the wraps are already beginning to look like sh!t.

I know, but how much cheaper? Compared to rewrapping the buses if/when needed? I mean if their springing to but a new white coat on the bus how much more would it cost for a lil orange and blue? I think quality is important and I think most would agree some of the wraps are already beginning to look like sh!t.

Yeah, they cheaped out on the wrapping. It's peeling off easily already on many of the buses

yeah i posted that earlier, they are starting to just repaint the buses, I want to see an Orion V get repainted and wrapped already lol

As much as I'd like to see that as well it's not gonna happen. From I've been told in the past the V's were never part if the plan to get wrapped, sorry.

1757 freshly painted + wrapped. I think we don't have to worry about them leaving the old blue stripe anymore.

Yea, the real question is whether or not they're going to paint over the buses that were wrapped with the blue stripe already, those three 1700s.

I could only wish they would! I was looking at a 16xx yesterday and it must have just been washed, the white paint was shining! I always viewed these as old, ugly, dingy, beat up buses (just the outside condition of the bus not the style of the V's) . But my eyes were opened yesterday, these are beautiful buses, it's the Nassau stripe that looks like shi t and makes the rest of the bus look like crap. A new coat of white (some don't even need it) and a wrap and these buses would look awesome in the fleet.

I can't understand why NICE is not wrapping these buses, I can understand not spending the money on the buses that will be scrapped soon but some of these V's have years left on them, especially as spares. Soon all the other buses will be wrapped/pained with the new livery but they will keep these as is? Granted it's not the MTA stripe (and I only wish they had because I could only imagine they would have been wrapped) but people associate these buses with LIB. ...and they make the fleet look like crap!

1789 has been wrapped! This bus looks very NICE and you tell it was wrapped very recently because its colors are very bright.

Saw 1789 today. Are you sure its wrap? It was very shiny, leading me to believe it was paint. And the rear number was in a different font.

When I saw it, I remember it being very shiny like you say. It may well be paint, and forgive me if I said wrapped, but I report these buses as I drive down Northern Blvd every day. I don't have the chance to look closely at whether or not its wrapped or painted, so I really don't know anymore whats wrapped and whats not. I heard they were painting some of the buses where the new wrap was falling off, some of the 1700s. Are you planning to differentiate which buses are wrapped and which ones are painted, as well as which ones have the stripe and which ones don't? Guess more colors are needed on the chart then!