Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone seen the new bus stop area in Walt Whitman mall, I happen to go past it earlier today while I was there, its all fresh and new and nice, with shelters and designated spaces for each route and service that uses it. Nassau Bus, Suffolk Transit and Huntington Transit.

I have pics of the n79 on a wrapped bus at the new bus shelter area on my site. NICE has put up new signs that they made there and the layout is very organized like you said!

Our NGs don't have the STOP REQUEST sign both near the B/O and above the seats like they do in the city. Why did we order them like that?

The 2011 NGs do, but we only have 38 of them....

I was told the bus operators still have a stop request light on their dashboard on all the NGs, so who needs the 2nd stop requested sign? People are suppose to be behind that white line anyway. Edited by Brett

Our NGs don't have the STOP REQUEST sign both near the B/O and above the seats like they do in the city. Why did we order them like that?

The 2011 NGs do, but we only have 38 of them....

The 1700s were Nassau spec'd, so take it up with them. And like Brett bought up, it wouldn't matter since there's an dashboard light for the stop request.

Looks like on Sunday, more than 20 minute delays on all routes out of Hempstead Terminal are going to bite riders in the a**, especially considering how packed that area is.

http://nicebus.com/P...erts/index.html

The route of the parade is Old Franklin St -> Franklin St -> Front St -> stop at Washington St, so some routes may not get through at all and will need to be detoured.

I sent email to Veolia from my email and I got replied.

Dear Mr. Endo,

Thank you so much for your concern regarding Sunday's Central American Day parade in Hempstead. Please note that our Transportation Department has mapped out routes for all of our buses to get in and out of the Hempstead Transit Center on this day. Buses and patrons will not be denied access into the HTC due to the parade. The parade, will however, cause delays for all incoming and outgoing buses from the Terminal. We have posted a service alerts regarding this delay on our NICE website, Facebook page and in the Hempstead Terminal Center.

Thank you again for your inquiry and thank you for riding with NICE.

Best regards,

Erika Richards

My plan for n6x success is

Make it run the full route. Local stops in both directions from Jamaica Bus Terminal to 179 street. Express to Franklin Avenue, then all local stops. Make a Meacheam Avenue stop and a belmont Park Stop. Make the n6x start earlier every 20 minutes during racing days, like Yuki said

I saw an Orion V on the 19 the sign displayed n19, the next bus I passed was a 1700 or 1800 (not wrapped) prepared to take a video of the new sign, that bus still displayed N19. Thought that was odd that they programmed the bus that was going to fazed out before a bus that will remain in service.

Why are they even wasting time reprogramming signs on buses that will be retired in a short time?

Maybe NICE will keep some of the V's a round for spares? When do they reprogram the signs? When they're being wrapped?

My observations in east meadow:

The n47 toward Hempstead was doing better than the n46.

They are rewrapping the able-ride. I believe is saw 2255 with a new able ride wrap.

N48s are SRO. One displayed "next bus please" when I saw it