Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

SO proud of the bus he had the engine rebuilt in Florida but the proud owner doesn't own one picture? Even from before his camera broke? I was planning on finding this and if it was him cool see if I could take the bus for a spin, if not tell him there's someone online online posing as the owner telling them to meet him in various places. ...When I say I want to find the bus/go to one of his meet ups it means that I would like to do but probably won't...

There was a driving school (forget the name and if it it is in western Nassau or Queens) who bought a NICE Bus V at auction and is using it to train students.

Thank You burrstone

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch out, Burrstone ... you might be a "threaten"-er ...

Although I *should* look through that poster's history before making this statement (I'm not, obviously), I'd venture this person is someone to be called ... um, what is it now? ... a "troll" in internet parlance. Even if just judging by the last "response" put forth (i.e. "Why do birds fly" when someone asks why hi-viz vests are worn), I think I've got at least *some* solid ground to base that conclusion on. Still going with that characterization, though.

Back on topic: If this poster is SOOOOOO "proud" of their ride, they would CERTAINLY be showing it off. Hasn't happened, and doesn't look like it will. So, moral of the story, don't hold your breath for anything close to what you're suggesting to come to fruition. I mean, even a PREPAID phone isn't somehow within this poster's grasp to take pictures with? Just sayin' .....

Yea I my phone broke Getsmart1.While I WORK my ass off at my farm u accuse me of being a troll.Noobie get ur facts straight things don't work out the way they do.I got shooty wifi at my farm in Calverton.So detective you gonna google search me here is phone number 516-8972032

Dear Getsmart u gonna expose me to see if I a fully loaded cng ex MTA Li bus.Or can I get on with my life without you getting in my way.Also I challenge you to a one on one halo 4 multiplayer match with microphones if you have Xbox live message me and I will be honored to vs you.If u don't have halo maybe gta v

I saw a old Orion bus being driving around Jackson heights today around 74th street by the train station. I am posting here because it looked like a nice bus, did this nice bus go off route? Maybe he was lost. The bus said shuttle on it.

Was the bus red and yellow? That's free shuttle bus that goes from Jackson Heights to home depot near Jackson Heights.

Yes bus was red & yellow, who provides the shuttle to Home Depot? Does nice do this shuttle as well?

NICE doesn't provide shuttle.

That bus is not part of MTA or NICE.

Not home depot, it's for Bulova Corporate Center Shuttle bus which goes to 74th St-Broadway or 61st St-Woodside.

It's mostly owned by Jewish Bus Company in Brooklyn, where B110, non-MTA Bus operates.

Edited by FamousNYLover

I took N20 this morning paid cash asked for transfer, took bus to great neck & decided to walk back to glennwood street to take Q12 bus I put transfer in & driver said it was no good, it was within the two hour window, I wanted two bus rides for the price of one. Driver looked at time & just told me "take a seat" I asked him again is it ok to ride he just said "take a seat"

No official yes or no, I always ask for driver permission to ride incase eagle team or fare beater cop on bus.

My question is ; doss mta accept nice bus transfers? It didn't seem like it today

I took N20 this morning paid cash asked for transfer, took bus to great neck & decided to walk back to glennwood street to take Q12 bus I put transfer in & driver said it was no good, it was within the two hour window, I wanted two bus rides for the price of one. Driver looked at time & just told me "take a seat" I asked him again is it ok to ride he just said "take a seat"

No official yes or no, I always ask for driver permission to ride incase eagle team or fare beater cop on bus.

My question is ; doss mta accept nice bus transfers? It didn't seem like it today[/quote Nassau county is still paying the MTA for use of the fare is.Do yourself a favor google ur question.

My question is ; doss mta accept nice bus transfers? It didn't seem like it today

NICE Bus's MTA Paper Transfer Slip is $2.50, so you have to paid 25 cent transfer fee for MTA.

MTA Paper Transfer works from if you put MTA Paper Transfer from NICE Bus to MTA NYCT or MTA Bus Company, it only pays $2.50, so you have to paid 25 cent fee within.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Yea I my phone broke Getsmart1.While I WORK my ass off at my farm u accuse me of being a troll.Noobie get ur facts straight things don't work out the way they do.I got shooty wifi at my farm in Calverton.So detective you gonna google search me here is phone number 516-8972032

Alright, let's stop this right here.

You STILL have not given any "proof" -- i.e. pictures -- of your prized ride, and you're busy calling everyone out as a distraction.  And it's really not part of the whole point.  LOOK, I could really care less, especially since I am hundreds of miles from you, and TBH would'nt be chasing you all over Nassau-creation even IF I was in the NYC area when you decide to go on one of your "joyrides."  Even if that were the case, I'd HARDLY be seeking out Nassau County for any excursions in the NYC area -- there's MUCH more within the boroughs going on than the LI counties could EVER muster -- TOGETHER.

FACE IT -- you were called out, YOU failed, and it is NOBODY'S fault here on the forums -- IT COMPLETELY LIES WITH YOU.  So, yes, you've gotten some views, but in the end you really ARE acting like a troll.  You went after me, but you never went after BM5's observations/conclusions, which are pretty consistent with mine.  Odd, that.

You may call me a n00b around here, but believe me, sunshine, it AIN'T that way at all when it comes to "internet-ese" with me.  It's laughable that you want me to "Google" you -- BWAHAHA, if I *REALLY* wanted to, I could pull data that you wouldn't even know existed about you.  Yeah, that's how much of a "n00b" I am.  Not making threats or anything else, but just put that into your "back pocket", if you will, for future reference.  And remember -- YOU were the one taunting and offering the information (so I'm sure ANY person perusing the forums could find things IF they wanted to.)  Me ... NAH ... I've got bigger fish to fry than dealing with someone who obviously can boast but then gets offended when anyone asks for proof.

Yeah -- the glory of the internet and being "anonymous."  Then, when pressed, put up a whole bunch of words to disguise you being found out as a phony.

Your poker-face is really obvious.  But go ahead and get mad because everyone can read it.  Yeah, that's what Charlie Sheen would call "winning."

BLOCKED

If nice bus issue paper transfer, maybe the transfer should say "Nice bus" on it instead of mta, cant veolia purchase transfers that say nice bus on them, would a fast food rest sell another fast food product?

Nice Bus only can print out MTA Paper Transfer because MTA owns farebox, paper transfer and MetroCard.

If you eliminate MTA Farebox for NICE bus, lots of NYC subway/buses riders will be upset. It would become like Suffolk County Transit buses, which you had to paid for 1 fare for 2 bus rides, then paid another $2.25.

NICE Bus really needs MTA Farebox or passengers will ending up spending more money than $2.75/$2.50 every day.

Alright, let's stop this right here.

You STILL have not given any "proof" -- i.e. pictures -- of your prized ride, and you're busy calling everyone out as a distraction. And it's really not part of the whole point. LOOK, I could really care less, especially since I am hundreds of miles from you, and TBH would'nt be chasing you all over Nassau-creation even IF I was in the NYC area when you decide to go on one of your "joyrides." Even if that were the case, I'd HARDLY be seeking out Nassau County for any excursions in the NYC area -- there's MUCH more within the boroughs going on than the LI counties could EVER muster -- TOGETHER.

FACE IT -- you were called out, YOU failed, and it is NOBODY'S fault here on the forums -- IT COMPLETELY LIES WITH YOU. So, yes, you've gotten some views, but in the end you really ARE acting like a troll. You went after me, but you never went after BM5's observations/conclusions, which are pretty consistent with mine. Odd, that.

You may call me a n00b around here, but believe me, sunshine, it AIN'T that way at all when it comes to "internet-ese" with me. It's laughable that you want me to "Google" you -- BWAHAHA, if I *REALLY* wanted to, I could pull data that you wouldn't even know existed about you. Yeah, that's how much of a "n00b" I am. Not making threats or anything else, but just put that into your "back pocket", if you will, for future reference. And remember -- YOU were the one taunting and offering the information (so I'm sure ANY person perusing the forums could find things IF they wanted to.) Me ... NAH ... I've got bigger fish to fry than dealing with someone who obviously can boast but then gets offended when anyone asks for proof.

Yeah -- the glory of the internet and being "anonymous." Then, when pressed, put up a whole bunch of words to disguise you being found out as a phony.

Your poker-face is really obvious. But go ahead and get mad because everyone can read it. Yeah, that's what Charlie Sheen would call "winning."

And what kind of information can u pull up on me.What u waiting message me your gamer tag so we can have a one one match in halo or are you scared punk. Edited by Tom Meadow

Nice Bus only can print out MTA Paper Transfer because MTA owns farebox, paper transfer and MetroCard.

If you eliminate MTA Farebox for NICE bus, lots of NYC subway/buses riders will be upset. It would become like Suffolk County Transit buses, which you had to paid for 1 fare for 2 bus rides, then paid another $2.25.

NICE Bus really needs MTA Farebox or passengers will ending up spending more money than $2.75/$2.50 every day.

Then again what happens when MTA phases out the metro card.I am not in favor of scan and pay technology that is on many buses on the nice bus system.Same goes for the lirr if the phase out the ticket system.

Thank You burrstone

He's criticizing your legitimacy of what you're saying. How do you not have a single picture from the time you supposedly got the bus from now, is what he's essentially saying. I myself am also wondering the same thing.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Took N20 this morning Roosevelt ave to Hicksville Lirr station for a ride, & driver was nice to let me stay in the bus for the return trip back to flushing, it only cost me $2.50 cash & I spoke with the driver the whole time, driver said nice bus is hiring new drivers for the fall because ridership goes up when kids go back to school, many kids on li take nice bus to school & home.

Well then why make the comment that you did? If it wasn't important, it wouldn't have mattered what he said about having a bus.

Because what he's doing is not correct, and is irrelevant from anything you said. If you look at the past few pages besides reading the end of this page, you would see that we were trying to get him to call bullshit on himself. Burrstone and I were asking for pictures to actually verify that it was a bluff, not because we want to ride the damn thing. I mean look at Tom Meadows response to my latest comment about that bus.

He is imposing aa an owner of a bus and supposedly giving out rides. We had someone here inquire about potentially riding this bus that "he had", and to possibly be trolled or worse. That right there, breaks several forum rules. It's not the first time he's done something of the sort.I don't you would like for that to happen to you, where someone sets you up, just because. But I guess I shouldn't give two shits about that.

Reading is fundamental. If you dont know the whole picture, don't get involved.

Because what he's doing is not correct, and is irrelevant from anything you said. If you look at the past few pages besides reading the end of this page, you would see that we were trying to get him to call bullshit on himself. Burrstone and I were asking for pictures to actually verify that it was a bluff, not because we want to ride the damn thing. I mean look at Tom Meadows response to my latest comment about that bus.

He is imposing aa an owner of a bus and supposedly giving out rides. We had someone here inquire about potentially riding this bus that "he had", and to possibly be trolled or worse. That right there, breaks several forum rules. It's not the first time he's done something of the sort.I don't you would like for that to happen to you, where someone sets you up, just because. But I guess I shouldn't care about that, because I apparantly have no life.

Reading is fundamental. If you dont know the whole picture, don't get involved.

Yes it is and I've been following along just fine.  He pulled a prank and you all fell for it. LOL

Yes it is and I've been following along just fine. He pulled a prank and you all fell for it. LOL

Oh really?

Can you take a picture for us?

I know there's something fishy, so I'm not buying this, but I wana see how far this goes

From the original post on

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/33981-random-thoughts-thread-nassau-inter-county-express-nice/page-435

You can highlight the post too if you want.

Me and Burrstone never fell for it. If you actually read the posts you can see that we were trying to get him to say the truth, which I explained in my other post, which you probably did not read in its entirety. Assuming stuff doesnt make you sound smart.

Like I've said before, assuming makes an ass out of u and me.