Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

It's never gonna happen nice will not have express u just answered your question free transfer to subway THAT IS WHY DUHHHHH.With lirr u get better service and good seats and dont have to stop at 20 stops to Jamaica in a sardine can i prefer the lirr u made point 5 times.U are clueless as you are incompetent.

Hey detsmart still waiting for you to message me about Xbox live.You failed to expose me PUNK.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, let's just settle this. The Bus on LI will not have a positive thought unless more pro-transit people start riding. Nassau is the more anti-transit of the suburban LI counties. It's the LIRR or bust. IMO, if there were express buses in Nassau for a similar price to Westchester Bee-Line's BxM4C, I would use that first over the LIRR, but over the subway (towards Manhattan). 

People on Long Island do know about the bus. There are some that do, but most that know about the bus prefer to not use it. I don't see "cheap quality express bus" coming too anyways. There's no resources or money for that. NICE should instead focus on what they currently have instead of dealing with new route plans. They can barely provide efficient service to their current system. That needs to be addressed.

Yes famous I remember that bridge removal, it's strange why people wouldn't want to take n22 or n24 bus to Jamaica for $2.50 and get free transfer to subway. I think diff I prefer the nice bus over the LIRR because it is only $2.50 it is cheap compared to LiRR which is $10 or more one way, maybe people on li don't know about nice bus maybe nice bus should post posters offering a cheap express quality bus service with a smile

Long Island Railroad, Hampton Jitney, 7Bus, Greyhound Bus, Coach USA, Adirorack Trailway riders knows about NICE Bus, Suffolk County Transit, City of Long Beach Bus, Huntington Area Rapid Transit but these folks prefer LIRR or Coach Buses on non-public buses because they could afford to paid for train, taxi service.

Nassau and Suffolk County buses are not always comfortable because seat is hard and some busy bus routes could be chaos and people will squish into overcrowded buses refusing to wait for next bus. This is reason why you will never convice this riders to switch to NICE-SCT-HART or Long Beach Buses.

NICE Bus cannot increase revenue until Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano or NY State Gover Andrew M. Cuomo increase funding for Nassau County Buses. NICE Buses are operated by Veolia, but Nassau County owns and Mangano refuse to increase fund for bus service because he only mainly cares for non-bus riders.

Many members here stated that until Nassau County, states and federal step in for funding, NICE Bus cannot do anything.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Does anybody on this board know where Nice Bus trains there new drivers? I would like to bring a chair & go sit outside on the road where Nice trains there drivers, I never saw a " training bus" in person. If they would let me sit & watch on the training bus it would be fun too, I want to work for nice & drive there bus one day, the job looks like so much fun, driving a bus seems so easy & fun.

Does anybody on this board know where Nice Bus trains there new drivers? I would like to bring a chair & go sit outside on the road where Nice trains there drivers, I never saw a " training bus" in person. If they would let me sit & watch on the training bus it would be fun too, I want to work for nice & drive there bus one day, the job looks like so much fun, driving a bus seems so easy & fun.

It's definitely not easy, and working with the conditions at NICE, I doubt it'll be fun either. 

Nice catch Q113 LTD. I never been to far rockaway, I would take 7 train to 61st- Woodside ave, & go on the Q52 bus to Far Rockaway, & then I would catch the N34 that goes from Far Rockaway, & I would get off in Long Beach, to walk along the boardwalk & grab lunch. Then i would like to take another bus that goes to hicksville from Long beach ( what bus goes to hicksville from long beach anyone know? i know nice has a long beach bus for summer) & i would take N20 home to flushing from hicksville. Sounds like fun

Nice catch Q113 LTD. I never been to far rockaway, I would take 7 train to 61st- Woodside ave, & go on the Q52 bus to Far Rockaway, & then I would catch the N34 that goes from Far Rockaway, & I would get off in Long Beach, to walk along the boardwalk & grab lunch. Then i would like to take another bus that goes to hicksville from Long beach ( what bus goes to hicksville from long beach anyone know? i know nice has a long beach bus for summer) & i would take N20 home to flushing from hicksville. Sounds like fun

There are no summer only buses to Long Beach, it's for Jones Beach.

The Hicksville bus to Jones Beach has been discontinued. There wasnt enough ridership after its revival to keep it.

You also cant go on the N33 to the N87 without a pretty long walk.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

I thought the summer service bus went from Hicksville to long beach via wantagh parkway, a friend of mine told me that I guess he gave me wrong information, I want to take a bus ride to long beach & walk on the boardwalk, can't I take q53 bus to far rockaway & connect to a city of long beach bus? My friend said city of long beach bus goes to far rockaway Mott avenue A train station is this correct? Also would anybody want to go for a bus ride with me from flushing to long beach? It would be fun I have a lot of free time

I thought the summer service bus went from Hicksville to long beach via wantagh parkway, a friend of mine told me that I guess he gave me wrong information, I want to take a bus ride to long beach & walk on the boardwalk, can't I take q53 bus to far rockaway & connect to a city of long beach bus? My friend said city of long beach bus goes to far rockaway Mott avenue A train station is this correct? Also would anybody want to go for a bus ride with me from flushing to long beach? It would be fun I have a lot of free time

No, because the Q53 goes to Rockaway Park. There is no City of Long Beach bus that goes to Far Rockaway, that service is operated by NICE.

Nice catch Q113 LTD. I never been to far rockaway, I would take 7 train to 61st- Woodside ave, & go on the Q52 bus to Far Rockaway, & then I would catch the N34 that goes from Far Rockaway, & I would get off in Long Beach, to walk along the boardwalk & grab lunch. Then i would like to take another bus that goes to hicksville from Long beach ( what bus goes to hicksville from long beach anyone know? i know nice has a long beach bus for summer) & i would take N20 home to flushing from hicksville. Sounds like fun

Actually you have to take (7) to Times Sq-42nd St for Far Rockaway (A) train because Q53 bus leaves Woodsdie, but goes to Rockaway Park. You have to transfer to Q52 to Beach 67th St, and walk over to Beach Channel Drive for Q22 into Far Rockaway for n33 bus.

Or from Flushing, you could take Q44 to Jamaica Center, then transfer to Q113 LTD via Nassau Expressway or Q114 LTD via Five Town Local to Mott Av/Central av and walk over to Beach 21st St (you see two bus bays near subway station, then take n33 into Long Beach.

Don't you mean Jones Beach. Just like BM5 stated n87 bus was eliminated because of less ridership. It helped little for n73/74 riders, but it was less riders. Many Jones Beach goers prefer simple short ride to/from Freeport Station. There has never been Hicksville-Long Beach bus.

NICE Bus operates n33 that goes between Long Beach and Far Rockaway, and so does n15 bus which terminate/originate at Roosevelt Field, then go through Hempstead, Rockville Cetre, Island Park, etc.

City of Long Beach Buses operate within Long Beach. NICE Bus's MTA Paper Transfer Slip is only good for City of Long Beach N69 Point Lookout bus. West Loop, East Loop or Shopper's Special wouldn't accept MTA Paper Transfer from NICE Bus.

John are really that dumb a summer only bus to Long Beach.drop the the act your a damn troll acting foolish questions also nice trains there drivers on the route in a out of service bus.What more do u need to ask either stop asking dumb questions or admit your a troll.

I think John got mistake with Jones Beach.

John, n88 is only summer service that operates between Freeport Station and Jones Beach via Meadowbrook State Parkway.

There is no way to get between Long Beach and Jones Beach without taxi or car because there are walkway on Loop Parkway.

Thanks for the help famous I will take q44 to Jamaica & get q113 bus but I won't ask anymore questions because people are laughing at me.

You don't have to stop posting because of one user.  Ask as many questions as you want.

"Tom Meadow" is skating on some pretty thin ice with heated blades.  Ignore him.

Senior lady gets on Roosevelt ave & Main Street keeps asking driver saying Q12, Q12 driver won't answer her just shakes his head "no" so myself & few other passengers tell her Q12 is across the street, she yelled we are lying & she wouldn't listen" she kept saying this is Q12 bus, so after by Marathon pkwy bell rings, she's standing by the front door, screaming open door let

Me off now she speaks when she is yelling & driver wouldn't even stop at marathon pkwy for

Passenger who wanted to board because in my opinion he wanted to set a example

For lady who wanted to get off, driver stops by gas station on glennwood street this lady said she wold report him she was upset I see the same thing everyday it's getting annoying now, these poor drivers what they deal with no

Wonder why drivers don't say hello because they been cursed at all day.

All because orange bus sign did not work what's going on with all

These buses with no working signs. People have no idea what bus it is maybe the lady really thought it was a Q12.

...U are clueless as you are incompetent.

Hey detsmart still waiting for you to message me about Xbox live.You failed to expose me PUNK.

John are really that dumb a summer only bus to Long Beach.drop the the act your a damn troll acting foolish questions also nice trains there drivers on the route in a out of service bus.What more do u need to ask either stop asking dumb questions or admit your a troll.

Hey detsmart u didn't reply u have one day left.Ur a failure saying u have information to expose me on a google search BRING IT ON PUNK.UR A FAILURE as Charlie sheen says (Winning)

FYI: I will be keeping a close eye on this member in the immediate future...

Senior lady gets on Roosevelt ave & Main Street keeps asking driver saying Q12, Q12 driver won't answer her just shakes his head "no" so myself & few other passengers tell her Q12 is across the street, she yelled we are lying & she wouldn't listen" she kept saying this is Q12 bus, so after by Marathon pkwy bell rings, she's standing by the front door, screaming open door let

Me off now she speaks when she is yelling & driver wouldn't even stop at marathon pkwy for

Passenger who wanted to board because in my opinion he wanted to set a example

For lady who wanted to get off, driver stops by gas station on glennwood street this lady said she wold report him she was upset I see the same thing everyday it's getting annoying now, these poor drivers what they deal with no

Wonder why drivers don't say hello because they been cursed at all day.

All because orange bus sign did not work what's going on with all

These buses with no working signs. People have no idea what bus it is maybe the lady really thought it was a Q12.

I think she will report to (MTA) because many passengers are not aware Nassau County went privatize. (MTA) and NICE is different bus company, but I think (MTA) will inform her that bus do not belong with (MTA).

Hi famous many people including senior citizen & small li villages still have no idea nice bus is private. Maybe nice should make more people and towns know they are a private bus service

It's just like BM5 stated, Long Island is mostly famous for car, LIRR and taxi, car service over cheaper NICE Bus.

There are some folks who take Long Island Bus under (MTA), but they don't know bus change to public bus, NICE Bus operated by private bus company.

Lots of villages and towns don't know the bus schedules well and they gave lots of misinformation.

This is how detour is worst when NICE Bus comes to do detour notice for small Falung Gua Parade in Flushing affecting bus stop at Sanford Av/Kissena Blvd, or Memorial Day Parade, etc.

Famous if you look on youtube you will see a n20 bus the driver is lost it was Memorial Day 2015 the driver said he did not know of any detour. Nice bus should know every Memorial Day northern blvd is closed for the parade I tried to post the link to the video but it is not working I have no idea how too do it.