Some interesting G/Os coming up....

mark1447

NONE are Fastrack related except the (1)(2)(3) FASTRACK

(D) Trains run local in both directions via (A) the between 145 St and W 4 St

Nights, 12:01 AM to 5 AM, Wed to Fri, Mar 21 - 23 • Tue to Fri, Mar 27 - 30

Service then Operates split from 205th to World Trade Center, and West 4th Street to Stilwell..

No (E) trains between W 4 St and World Trade Center

(D) Trains provide alternate service

Nights, 12:01 AM to 5 AM, Wed to Fri, Mar 21 - 23 • Tue to Fri, Mar 27 - 30

(E) trains are rerouted via the in both directions between 36 St, Queens and 2 Av.

(D) trains are rerouted via the between W 4 St and World Trade Center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(3) Service is extended to New Lots Av

Nights, 12:01 AM to 5 AM, Tue to Fri, Mar 20 - 23 • Mar 27 - 30 • Apr 3 - 6

(3) trains operate to New Lots Av overnight, replacing the (4) in Brooklyn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(6) Service is extended to Bowling Green

Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Mar 24 - 26

Service operates between Pelham Bay Park and Bowling Green.

No (2) trains between Franklin Av and Flatbush Av

Free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Nights, 12:01 AM to 5 AM, Tue to Fri, Mar 27 - 30

Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Apr 14 - 16

Train Continues to/from Utica Avenue

(1) No trains between 168 St and 242 St

(A) trains, M3 and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Mar 31 - Apr 2

(C) No trains between Manhattan and Brooklyn

Weekend, Saturday and Sunday, Mar 31 - Apr 1

Train runs from 168th Street to 2nd Avenue

No (F) trains between Jay St-MetroTech and 18 Av

No (G) trains between Hoyt-Schermerhorn and Church Av

Free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Mar 31 - Apr 2

(F) to/from Euclid Avenue and 18th Avenue to Stilwell via Shuttle Bus Local/Express

This Fastrack (Already known)

(5) Trains replace (2) the in the Bronx and Brooklyn

(2) Trains replace the (5) between Dyre Av and E 180 St

Nights, 10 PM to 5 AM, Mon to Fri, Apr 9 - 13

(2) Runs from Dyre to 34th Street, (5) from 241st to the Flat.

No (3) service, No (1) from 34th to the Ferry

(J) No trains between Crescent St and Jamaica Center

(E) trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekend, 6 AM Sat to 10 PM Sun, Apr 14 - 15

Anymore visit:

http://travel.mtanyct.info/serviceadvisory/

April 14 is posed to be a nightmare, with...

-(4) turning at Brooklyn Bridge

-(2) turning at Utica and buses to Flatbush

-(A) turning at Howard Beach and buses to a Rockaway shuttle

-(1) turning at 168

-(G) turning at Bedford Nostrand

-(J) turning at Crescent St

Re: No F Jay to 18th Ave. and no G from Hoyt to Church 3/31 till 5 AM 4/2:

When the weekend is over, look for southbound F/G to cross back over to the local track at 4th Ave. to resume making stops at 15th St./Prospect Park and Fort Hamilton Pky.

Smith 9th to remain completely closed till September.

And: I heard as of 3/26, Church Ave. Yard will be taken out of service for awhile for wiring for signal work. The G's will relay at 18th Ave.

Guest lance25

Well, the (D) to the World Trade Center via 8th Avenue is new.

@Amtrak7: The weekend of April 14 is going to be a doozy. Not only will there be no Lexington Avenue service south of the Brooklyn Bridge. The uptown (R) ((N) late nights) and (Q) will be flip-flopping their service patterns again ((N) and (R) via the bridge, (Q) via Whitehall). I feel sorry for anyone stuck using the subways that weekend.

@Amtrak7: The weekend of April 14 is going to be a doozy. Not only will there be no Lexington Avenue service south of the Brooklyn Bridge. The uptown (R) ((N) late nights) and (Q) will be flip-flopping their service patterns again ((N) and (R) via the bridge, (Q) via Whitehall). I feel sorry for anyone stuck using the subways that weekend.

At least everything will be stopping at Dekalb, to allow for transfers.

Re: No F Jay to 18th Ave. and no G from Hoyt to Church 3/31 till 5 AM 4/2:

When the weekend is over, look for southbound F/G to cross back over to the local track at 4th Ave. to resume making stops at 15th St./Prospect Park and Fort Hamilton Pky.

Smith 9th to remain completely closed till September.

And: I heard as of 3/26, Church Ave. Yard will be taken out of service for awhile for wiring for signal work. The G's will relay at 18th Ave.

It's going to terminate there? Or only relay there?

Well, the (D) to the World Trade Center via 8th Avenue is new.

OMG, I am staying home that weekend.

The Weekend of March 31-April 1, I would be looking to take advantage of the G.O. that has the (C) terminating at 2nd Avenue by instead for that weekend only having the (C) run straight through from Saturday morning until 11:00 PM or so Sunday night and have the (C) run along the (M) from West 4th-Metropolitan Avenue, replacing the (M) shuttle for most of the weekend and running from there to 168th Street. To me, it's a perfect opportunity to test out in service a potential future subway pattern of having a Broadway-Brooklyn line run to 168th via 6th or 8th Avenue and CPW, as having greater operational flexibility is something I would want to have not just for something like this, but for emergency situations as well.

Another option in that regard for that weekend would be to have the (C) run normal schedule, but go to the Broadway Junction (J) platform via the (M) and then (J) and terminate there so (C) riders from Manhattan looking for Broadway Junction have that option (in that scenario, the (M) would operate its normal shuttle). Same reason as far as experimenting with future subway patterns as well as showing how it can be done in an emergency.

The Weekend of March 31-April 1, I would be looking to take advantage of the G.O. that has the (C) terminating at 2nd Avenue by instead for that weekend only having the (C) run straight through from Saturday morning until 11:00 PM or so Sunday night and have the (C) run along the (M) from West 4th-Metropolitan Avenue, replacing the (M) shuttle for most of the weekend and running from there to 168th Street. To me, it's a perfect opportunity to test out in service a potential future subway pattern of having a Broadway-Brooklyn line run to 168th via 6th or 8th Avenue and CPW, as having greater operational flexibility is something I would want to have not just for something like this, but for emergency situations as well.

Another option in that regard for that weekend would be to have the (C) run normal schedule, but go to the Broadway Junction (J) platform via the (M) and then (J) and terminate there so (C) riders from Manhattan looking for Broadway Junction have that option (in that scenario, the (M) would operate its normal shuttle). Same reason as far as experimenting with future subway patterns as well as showing how it can be done in an emergency.

No, it isn't.

Guest lance25

@Wallyhorse: Why am I not surprised you have brought out the (C) to Metropolitan again. Here's the inevitable question that's probably on everyone's mind: how many people are looking for such a service? There's a reason why the (C) never runs to Metropolitan when it's truncated to 2 Av. No one's looking for direct 8th Avenue-Myrtle/Jamaica service on a weekend.

Then there's the unintended effect of confusing the hell out of the passengers. Sure, let's send a (C) train up Myrtle Avenue or an (M) train up Central Park West and see what happens. I bet you no one on those lines will use it. It reminds of a story one of the employees here (I think it was TwoTimer) about the (6) reroute to Utica Av to fill a gap in service. That train ran almost completely empty because people aren't used to a (6) train in Brooklyn.

Just leave well enough alone and be glad they didn't shut the (C) down entirely like they used to a few years ago.

It reminds of a story one of the employees here (I think it was TwoTimer) about the (6) reroute to Utica Av to fill a gap in service. That train ran almost completely empty because people aren't used to a (6) train in Brooklyn.

They didn't resign it as a (4)?

My philosophy in the case of weird reroutes is 'Well, the train has to be going somewhere, so I'll get on and pay attention to announcements and where we go'.

Guest lance25

I don't think so, hence the emptiness. Then again, I read about this a couple of years ago so I may have forgotten some of the details.

Yeah, a lot of riders don't think that way. It's the same way with some of the planned G.O.s. Some people just don't pay attention and then get all confused when their train goes somewhere not on the normal route.

@Wallyhorse: Why am I not surprised you have brought out the (C) to Metropolitan again. Here's the inevitable question that's probably on everyone's mind: how many people are looking for such a service? There's a reason why the (C) never runs to Metropolitan when it's truncated to 2 Av. No one's looking for direct 8th Avenue-Myrtle/Jamaica service on a weekend.

Then there's the unintended effect of confusing the hell out of the passengers. Sure, let's send a (C) train up Myrtle Avenue or an (M) train up Central Park West and see what happens. I bet you no one on those lines will use it. It reminds of a story one of the employees here (I think it was TwoTimer) about the (6) reroute to Utica Av to fill a gap in service. That train ran almost completely empty because people aren't used to a (6) train in Brooklyn.

Just leave well enough alone and be glad they didn't shut the (C) down entirely like they used to a few years ago.

There was a (6) train that did run to/from Brooklyn in the 1980s on weekdays

I know I would if it helped me and I know others would too, but you're right in one respect, the real problem is people don't pay attention to G.O.'s and other reroutes as much as they should. I guess in my case it comes from my days doing messenger work in Manhattan where it was necessary for me to know as many routes as possible as well as alternate routes in case of unforeseen problems and/or additional pick-ups.

The thing is, I think people who on weekends who normally would do the (M) to (L) to either 14th Street or a 6th/8th Avenue line I think would realize that this would be a case realize the (M) shuttle is being replaced by an extended (C) and would use it knowing they would have a one-seat ride (or max. two-seat ride) to Manhattan instead of what for many (M) shuttle riders on weekends is a three-seat ride. Would everyone? Of course not, but I would not expect everyone to realize either and be prepared for that. If nothing else, it would show people they need to use their brains once in a while and pay attention.

Sending the (2) to Utica for the Flatbush G.O. actually makes a lot of sense with the outage of the (4), for people getting on at Utica. The only thing is, it must be helluva confusing, two big G.O.s at once.

I hope there are LFSAs again on the (2) shuttle bus! Or some of the smexy new buses from Ulmer Park and Jackie Gleason :cool:

Why doesn't it terminate there also? This would cause less delays at Church since it dosent have to dump there.

I guess because they can store trains at Church Avenue. Also, SOME Kings HWY (F)s will use the Express track south of Church Avenue during peak hours.

They didn't resign it as a (4)?

My philosophy in the case of weird reroutes is 'Well, the train has to be going somewhere, so I'll get on and pay attention to announcements and where we go'.

Sometimes when (F)'s run to Euclid, people are afraid to get on. SMH.

April 14 is posed to be a nightmare, with...

-(4) turning at Brooklyn Bridge

-(2) turning at Utica and buses to Flatbush

-(A) turning at Howard Beach and buses to a Rockaway shuttle

-(1) turning at 168

-(G) turning at Bedford Nostrand

-(J) turning at Crescent St

Do they need shuttle buses to Flatbush? Could they allow free transfers to the B44?

Archived