LIRR And MNRR Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

There'd better be a good reason as to why the 5:29 PM train from Hicksville to Penn has been late every day since last Monday. From what I've seen, the 5:24 from Ronkonkoma is the one that gets the passengers and even when they were able to get the schedules back to normal (to the extent that the LIRR can) the trains were fine. Then last Monday it ends up 14 minutes late, then Tuesday 11 minutes late... I noticed it had 12 cars. Why would a train that doesn't even get SRO end up with two extra cars?

Its all a result of the Sandy cancel/combo plan. 1715 probably turns from an train that took on a combined load and thus was lengthened. As for the lateness, that train is chronically late, and any snarl in the rush hour tends to mess it up big time.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

So when are the best times to catch an M3a in MNRR? I barely see them on the hudson. The only times I see M3a's is when they're idling in Grand Central or out of service.

You will see them on the Hudson occasionally on the Harmon runs. As CDTA they are more common on the Harlem line locals but they do run to Southeast also.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...