Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

That's a planned service change.

OK? It might be helpful to post it, though. You never know if some commuters are on here and they might see it. Not a big deal, really. Not like there's a ''Planned Service Change'' thread, anyway.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to debris on the tracks at Pelham Pkwy, there is no 2.gif train service in both directions from E 180 St to Dyre Av.

Allow additional travel time.

In case anybody gets confused by this,  (2) trains are replacing the  (5) to/from Dyre Av this weekend with shuttle  (2) between East 180th St and 241st Street

Edited by superdrive1

Service Change

Posted: 05/25/2013  9:24PM

Due to switch trouble at 34 St-Herald Square, southbound d.png trains are running on the a.png line from 59 Street-Columbus Circle to West 4-Washington Square.

Southbound f.png trains are running on the e.png line from 36 Street (Queens) to West 4-Washington Square.

also per the mta subway service twitter in reference to same changes  some  (D)  (F)  (M)  trains are running via 6th ave express to west 4th street 

https://twitter.com/NYCTSubwayScoop/status/338470008269205504

Service Change Posted: 05/26/2013 9:22AM

Due to debris on the tracks at 8 Av, southbound train is running on the line from 36 St (in Bklyn) to Stillwell Av.

Sorry. For some reason the (N) and (D) train bullet wasn't added

Service Change Posted: 05/26/2013 9:22AM

Due to debris on the tracks at 8 Av, southbound train is running on the line from 36 St (in Bklyn) to Stillwell Av.

Allow additional travel time.Sorry. For some reason the (N) and (D) train bullet wasn't added

Wasn't added on the MTA site?or wasn't added when you copied it here? Many times you have to add it in manually the bullets.

Hmm well that explains why my 2nd (D) trip got ABDed tonight....but I can tell you one thing - if they're sending a (D) via the (A) from 59 St to W4, it's going to be running via a different line the ENTIRE rest of the way.

does abded mean abandoned?  and what did they have you do instead. 

Yes. They had me and my T/O deadhead to Stillwell on the next interval, and then when we got there the dispatcher's office was FULL of crews, which meant everyone was still out of place, so they had my T/O take a lite train back to Concourse Yard (we were sent via 8th Ave north of Blaf), and I was the ONLY passenger on board.

Yes, N/B (D)'s can be sent via 8th Ave, but S/B (D)'s can not. For some reason, there is no switch south of W4 which allows trains to go from B2 to B4, so 59 St is actually an ultimate point of no return for West End bound (D)'s! When you see a GO with D's running in two sections, this is why.

Yes, N/B (D)'s can be sent via 8th Ave, but S/B (D)'s can not. For some reason, there is no switch south of W4 which allows trains to go from B2 to B4, so 59 St is actually an ultimate point of no return for West End bound (D)'s! When you see a GO with D's running in two sections, this is why.

I think you mean B1 to B3. There used to be a diamond crossover south of Broadway-Lafayette between B1 and B3 (matching the one north of Broadway-Lafayette between B2 and B4), but it had to be removed in the 1960's to make way for the Chrystie Street connection.  It would be nice to have one north of the station, but there's a steady row of columns between the two tracks, and creating an opening would be an expensive structural task.

Snowblock i think your buddies who might be on the (D) are going crazy!

Service Change

Posted: 05/27/2013  1:25PM

Due to smoke condition at DeKalb Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no d.png train service between 36 St (Brooklyn) and W 4 St in both directions.

There is no n.png train service between 36 St (Brooklyn) and Hearld Square-34 St in both directions.

There is no q.png train service between Prospect Park and 57 St-7 Avenue in both directions.

There is no r.png train service between 59 St (Brooklyn) to Hearald Square-34 St in both directions.

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Service Change

Posted: 05/28/2013  2:42PM

Due to signal problems at Canal St, northbound c.png trains are running express from Canal St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Northbound e.png trains are running with delays.

Rode one of these and almost confused it with an R32 (A), which the swap did not happen yet.

Service Change

Due to signal problems at Canal St, northbound c.png trains are running express from Canal St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Rode one of these and almost confused it with an R32 (A), which the swap did not happen yet.

Service Change

dangit you beat me to it, i just saw that, well while im here the (4) has trouble

Delays

Posted: 05/28/2013  1:02PM

Due to signal problems at 170 St, southbound 4.png train service is delayed.

Service Change

Posted: 05/29/2013  2:50PM

Due to signal problems at East Broadwayf.png trains are running on the a.png line from W 4 St to Jay St in both directions.

Some f.png trains are running on the g.png line from 36 St (Queens) to Bergen St in both directions.

Service Change

Posted: 05/29/2013  2:56PM

Due to a train with mechanical problem at 1 Avenue, some 8 Avenue bound l.png trains are terminating at Bedford Ave.

Where are the Canarsie–bound (L) trains coming from at 6 Avenue, Union Square, and 3 Avenue? Are they switching and wrong–railing some trains between Bedford Avenue and 3 Avenue to get some trains to 8 Avenue?

Edited by CenSin