Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Due to signal problems at Whitehall Street-South Ferry, some southbound r.png trains are running on the q.png line from Canal Street to DeKalb Av.

Allow additional travel time.

The timing is perfect since they going be doing Broadway fastrack very soon.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to a police investigation at Av Hq.png trains are running via the n.png line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to DeKalb Av in both directions and there is no b.png train in both directions between Brighton Beach and Broadway-Lafayette St.

Due to a police investigation at Av Hq.png trains are running via the n.png line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to DeKalb Av in both directions and there is no b.png train in both directions between Brighton Beach and Broadway-Lafayette St.

Beat me to it, luckily class was cancelled for me today and I stayed home..I would of been in this mess. Friend says definitely someone jumped onto tracks but not sure if struck or not.

No, not a CTT measure, but a 12-9 at Nassau St. Find it strange though that the (F) is being rerouted down the (G) though....

If northbound G trains are terminating at Bedford-Nostrand, there would be no trains turning at Court Sq to provide southbound service. Diverting a couple F trains through crosstown allowed them to provide some southbound service to the line north of Bed-Nostrand, which I think would otherwise be impossible.

Edited by itmaybeokay

(1) train went express from 103 (yes one-zero-three) to 137 this morning. Since most passengers at about 10 am are headed to 116, the train became empty and the platforms became dangerously overloaded.

This is the second time in as many weeks I've seen a 1 go express north of 96 street, after having never seen that in over a year of daily ridership.

It strikes me as a very bad idea to skip 116 at a time in the morning when most riders are headed to Columbia. All you're doing is trading one crush loaded, delayed train for another crush loaded, delayed train, annoying a bunch of customers, and creating dangerous platforms. Whomever the dispatcher who came up with this idea is needs a reality check.

(1) train went express from 103 (yes one-zero-three) to 137 this morning. Since most passengers at about 10 am are headed to 116, the train became empty and the platforms became dangerously overloaded.

This is the second time in as many weeks I've seen a 1 go express north of 96 street, after having never seen that in over a year of daily ridership.

It strikes me as a very bad idea to skip 116 at a time in the morning when most riders are headed to Columbia. All you're doing is trading one crush loaded, delayed train for another crush loaded, delayed train, annoying a bunch of customers, and creating dangerous platforms. Whomever the dispatcher who came up with this idea is needs a reality check.

Yeah, and if people don't listen to the announcements, they'll have to either pay to get back, or take the bus to go back. Remember, there's no crossover at 137th Street.

Maybe the first train was running so late that there were a few (1) trains bunched up behind it. In a case like this the procedure was to skip the first train from 103-137-168-Dyckman and then see how much time the train made up. If necessary the train might continue making limited stops to the terminal so there wouldn't be a gap in scheduled southbound service from 242nd St. There's a greater need for s/b service at that time of the day. This is all speculation of course but this event falls under what we used to call "dispatching 101". It inconveniences the lesser amount of people in the long run. Carry on.

as of about 35 minutes ago

Service Change  Posted: 04/19/2013  5:36AM 

Due to signal problems at Bergen St, the following service changes are in effect:

There are no g.png trains in both directions between Church Av and Hoyt-Schermerhorn.

f.png trains are running on the d.png line in both directions between W 4 St and Coney Island-Stilwell Av.

Service Change Posted: 04/20/2013 10:16PM

Due to a train with mechanical problem at Whitehall-South Ferry, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (1) train service between Whitehall-South Ferry and 14 Street in both directions.

The (2) and (3) trains are running local between Chambers St and 14 Street in both directions.

This has been going on for a few hours.Wonder what's going on.

Edited by Abba

Now this:

Service Change

Posted: 04/21/2013 12:53AM

Due to a train with mechanical problem at Whitehall-South Ferry, the following service changes are in effect:

Shuttle train is running for (1) service between Whitehall-South Ferry and Chambers Street.

The (2) train is running local between Chambers St and 14 Street in both directions.

Edited by Abba

Posted: 04/23/2013  8:31PM

Due to a water condition in the Canarsie tube, there is limited l.png train service between 8 Av and Bedford Av in both directions.

Customers are advised to use a.png or c.png train service to Broadway Junction for l.png train service.

I bet the (J) and the (M) is also packed too because of this problem

Update:

Due to a water condition in the Canarsie tube, there is limited l.png train service between 1 Av and 8 Av in both directions.

There is no l.png train service between Bedford Av and 1 Av in both directions.

Customers are advised to use a.png or c.png train service to Broadway Junction for l.png train service

Service Change

Posted: 04/24/2013  3:06PM

Due to an ongoing police investigation at 46 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound r.png trains are running on the local track from Queens Plaza to Roosevelt Av-Jackson Heights.

Forest Hills-bound m.png trains are running express from Queens Plaza to Roosevelt Av-Jackson Heights.

Is this related to the unfortunate incident earlier this morning, or has their been something new? Also, curious that they're only diverting one of the trains. 

It doesn't make sense that one is local and the other is expres

It does make sense because northbound  (M) trains are on the same QB express track like the (E) coming from 53rd. Switching the northbound  (R) onto the express track after Queens Plaza would cause congestion as you'll be having all (E)(F)(M)(R) - four services on one track.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

It does make sense because northbound  (M) trains are on the same QB express track like the (E) coming from 53rd. Switching the northbound  (R) onto the express track after Queens Plaza would cause congestion as you'll be having all (E)(F)(M)(R) - four services on one track.

I suppose the remaining question is what is the sense in keeping any service on the line at all if there are workers and or police on the track. 

The N/B (R) runs only every 10 minutes during the pre-rush late afternoon, and I assume that perhaps giving the investigators or whomever was around there 10 minute intervals of uninterrupted work was enough. If the M were left in service they'd only have work intervals between 4-6 minutes.