Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... Somebody's fantasy came true. I'm on a (B) running down West End and it went express from DeKalb Avenue due to switch problems on the Brighton Line. There is no service between DeKalb Avenue and Kings Highway.

The (B) terminated at Bay Parkway. Stupid dispatchers couldn't hold the (D) across the platform for one more minute and now we're left out in the cold.

That (B) supposedly just left for the yard, probably via the yard leads at Bay 50 Street.

Another one showed up. It's also terminating at Bay Parkway. No sign of a (D) yet and we're all freezing.

The (D) shows up 15 minutes after the previous one.

That (B) supposedly just left for the yard, probably via the yard leads at Bay 50 Street.

Another one showed up. It's also terminating at Bay Parkway. No sign of a (D) yet and we're all freezing.

The (D) shows up 15 minutes after the previous one.

15 Minutes? Wow.

You could have probably gotten there faster on a B82 if you could have caught one at Bay Pkwy without waiting.

At least it's not a major subway change and you'll be home in time for the New Year.

This morning there was signal problems @ Flushing- Main St. No <7> service in the morning so I had to take the local. It was a slow crawl with the congestion going on. I don't get why they had to cut off the <7> since the signal problems were occurring near the Main Street station terminal.

Service Change Posted: 01/05/2015 8:20PM

Due to switch problems at Myrtle Av, Metropolitan Av-bound (M) trains are running express from Marcy Av to Myrtle Av.

Allow additional travel time.

Service Change Posted: 01/05/2015 7:19PM

Due to a rail condition at 42 St-Port Authority, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound (D) trains are running local from 125 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Southbound (C) trains are running express from 125 St to Canal St.

Southbound (E) trains are running express from 42 St-Port Authority to Canal St.

Southbound (A), (C), (E), (B), and (D) trains are running with delays.

Service Change Posted: 01/05/2015 7:26PM

Due to a rail condition at Prince St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound (N) and (R) trains are running express from 34 St-Herald Square to Canal St.

Southbound (Q) trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 01/06/2015  3:52PM 

Due to a rail condition at W 4 St-Washington Sq, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound b.png and d.png trains local from W 4 St-Washington Sq to 34 St-Herald Sq

71 Av bound m.png trains terminate at Delancey St-Essex St or Chambers St.

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the g.png line from Bergen St to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

f.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

b.png and d.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Delays  Posted: 01/06/2015  2:53PM 

Following an earlier incident at Ocean Pkwyb.png and q.png train service has resumed with residual delays. 

Service Change  Posted: 01/06/2015  4:23PM

Due to a rail condition at W 4 St-Washington Sq, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound b.png and d.png trains local from W 4 St-Washington Sq to 34 St-Herald Sq.
71 Av bound m.png trains terminate at Delancey St-Essex St or Chambers St.

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the g.png line from Bergen St to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

f.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

b.png and d.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

I'm on a Coney Island–bound (N) via the West End. Does that have anything to do with a delay in (D) service? A little girl boarded the train with her dad at 36 Street, seemingly relieved that something was finally going via the (D) line. The train seems to be making all local stops.

I'm on a Coney Island–bound (N) via the West End. Does that have anything to do with a delay in (D) service? A little girl boarded the train with her dad at 36 Street, seemingly relieved that something was finally going via the (D) line. The train seems to be making all local stops.

Am I right? During weekdays, there are many sudden reroutes, right? So far, I've seen (R) via 63rd, (F) at Grand St, and you found (R) via bridge and (N) via West End. *Sigh*

Am I right? During weekdays, there are many sudden reroutes, right? So far, I've seen (R) via 63rd, (F) at Grand St, and you found (R) via bridge and (N) via West End. *Sigh*

Back in the day I ridden an R42 (F) train via the (D) line from Stillwell into Manhattan then it went its normal route.

I legit can't remember if it went express on the West End line though.

Also ridden an (R)  via 6th Ave from BK during a weekday once. Once seen a (4) at Flatbush on a weekday, and an (N) via Brighton duirng the AM Rush, which was cool as the (Q) was still using 68/As at the time and the (N) train was a 160 of course.

It's hard to keep one of the busiest systems in the world under control sometimes. The (MTA) is just terrible at reliablity, especially during rush hours. After being at 3 Avenue on the (6) and choosing an R62A (6) over an R142 (not A) (6) around the time the R62As were reintroduced to Pelham, I'd say that anything could happen and any route could be on any line at any time to keep being as reliable as possible.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Service Change  Posted: 01/06/2015  4:23PM

Due to a rail condition at W 4 St-Washington Sq, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound b.png and d.png trains local from W 4 St-Washington Sq to 34 St-Herald Sq.

71 Av bound m.png trains terminate at Delancey St-Essex St or Chambers St.

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the g.png line from Bergen St to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

f.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

b.png and d.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Kept forgetting to address this, but I wonder if there would be good use for a sort of retroactive version of the "what "if" thread, where we would use actual diversion that occurred to offer our ideas of what we would have done (instead of scenarios like big chickens running across all tracks, or meteors hitting a station, etc).

I was caught in this (going the other way initially, though, but it affected the schedule), and figured, they should have just moved the (M) to 8th Ave. in that direction, and to reduce merging, keep the (C) on the express (so the (M) would only have to merge with the (E), which it does further up at 5th Ave. anyway). People going from 50th St. uptown would then have to change at 7th Ave., but the way they did it, people on 6th would have had to do the same to get to 53rd and Queens Plaza, and there are probably more people going that way).

They are just too quick to cut the (M) whenever this stuff occurs, but int he IND there are often other workarounds like that.

Kept forgetting to address this, but I wonder if there would be good use for a sort of retroactive version of the "what "if" thread, where we would use actual diversion that occurred to offer our ideas of what we would have done (instead of scenarios like big chickens running across all tracks, or meteors hitting a station, etc).

You'd get (C) trains going to Broadway Junction all the time via the Jamaica line.

Due to a rail condition at Grand St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound b.png train service is suspended between Brighton Beach and Bedford Pk Blvd.

Some southbound b.png and d.png trains are running on the f.png line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to 2 Av then terminate.

Some southbound b.png and d.png trains terminate at 34 St-Herald Sq.

Some southbound f.png trains are running on the g.png line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Bergen St.

Metropolitan Av bound m.png trains are running with delays.

Again the 6th ave line is messed up.

Update:

Due to a rail condition at Grand St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no b.png train service between DeKalb Av and Bedford Pk Blvd in both directions.

Northbound b.png are running on the r.png line from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to Whitehall St-South Ferry and terminate.

Southbound d.png terminate at W 4 St-Washington Square.

Northbound d.png are running on the q.png line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to 57 St-7Av.

b.png, d.png, f.png and m.png trains are running with delays in both directions

Interesting with the (B) running to Whitehall and the (D) is running to 57th street-7th avenue. The (F) and (M) is not affected at all but delays

Delays  Posted: 01/08/2015  5:16PM 

Due to a track obstruction at 3 Av-149 St2.png and 5.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 01/08/2015  4:01PM 

Due to signal problems at Nevins St, southbound 2.png and 3.png trains are running with delays.

The (M) went via 8th Avenue Local today. I was on one, going southbound this morning. I think it was because of a rail condition at 34th St on the express track, because at 42/8, I heard that "after an earlier incident, there is southbound (B) and (D) train service."

Not the best day for (B) and (D) trains, huh.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

Update:

There is no b.png train service between DeKalb Av and Bedford Pk Blvd in both directions.

Northbound b.png are running on the r.png line from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to Whitehall St-South Ferry and terminate.

Southbound d.png terminate at W 4 St-Washington Square.

Northbound d.png are running on the q.png line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to 57 St-7Av.

b.png, d.png, f.png and m.png trains are running with delays in both directions

Interesting with the (B) running to Whitehall and the (D) is running to 57th street-7th avenue. The (F) and (M) is not affected at all but delays

was it necessary to make the D run on the Q when it could switch at either dekalb ave or before the split to the bridge?