Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is off topic, but is the B35L actually doing anything for anyone? Back when it was introduced in 2004, I knew that this was going to be a wasted service due to all the traffic on chruch ave (even moreso between Utica and Flatbush avenues). Should the MTA keep it?

It saves money for the MTA (somewhat) because the buses make less stops, but you'd be lucky to save more than 2-3 minutes from the local.

This is off topic, but is the B35L actually doing anything for anyone? Back when it was introduced in 2004, I knew that this was going to be a wasted service due to all the traffic on church ave (even moreso between Utica and Flatbush avenues).

Should the MTA keep it?

If you ask me, who lives around the B35 & uses either bus (local/LTD) interchangably b/w East 18th & East 42nd (the next LTD stop before you hit Utica), My answer to your last question is a resounding No.

And before anyone says anything, a bus lame would cause a bigger problem on that thoroughfare then it would help

why you think I suggested straddling bus to replace B35 LTD. It doesn't take away car lanes like HOV does and literally goes above traffic. Cars can continue to go 5mph but transit users get faster service.

why you think I suggested straddling bus to replace B35 LTD. It doesn't take away car lanes like HOV does and literally goes above traffic. Cars can continue to go 5mph but transit users get faster service.

If bus lanes are put, it will lead to more patrol of bus lanes, and that whole throughfare would be an accident waiting to happen

How about no.

How about its better than slow 3mph bus. Unless you have a better solution to speed up service without distrupting traffic STFU!

If bus lanes are put, it will lead to more patrol of bus lanes, and that whole throughfare would be an accident waiting to happen

It would piss off motorists and create backlash in the area. Straddling bus is the perfect compromise as it takes away no lanes and wouldn't be subject to backlash as it takes up no space on the road since it goes literally above traffic.

How about its better than slow 3mph bus. Unless you have a better solution to speed up service without distrupting traffic STFU!

It would piss off motorists and create backlash in the area. Straddling bus is the perfect compromise as it takes away no lanes and wouldn't be subject to backlash as it takes up no space on the road since it goes literally above traffic.

Okay, but thats a huge investment there. The money needs to be available.

That is a much better argument. However the cost is much lower than a subway line and is much cheaper to build than one would think. I will do more research on it.

With all do respect, you have some great proposals and ideas. Really you do. At the same time, somes of these proposals and ideas are essentially pointless.

What I have seem to notice is that you will be one of the first to defend new technolgies (water buses, straddling buses, extensions) that have not yet been proven, and seem to want to implement without any further testing/analysis.

Some quick advice, perhaps you could put more thought in what you can achive much more realistically, or with current resources. You would be taken a lot more seriously then.

Edited by Turbo19

With all do respect, you have some great proposals and ideas. Really you do. At the same time, somes of these proposals and ideas are essentially pointless.

What I have seem to notice is that you will be one of the first to defend new technolgies (water buses, straddling buses, extensions) that have not yet been proven, and seem to want to implement without any further testing/analysis.

Some quick advice, perhaps you could put more thought in what you can achive much more realistically, or with current resources. You would be taken a lot more seriously then.

Water buses were around for decades actually however they would only work on a handful of lines. Straddling will only work on the SLOWEST lines that do not duplicate or go under elevated subways. Besides those are long term. However my short term ideas use current resources to consolidate some routes or close service gaps. Boarding rule changes to add ridership without pressuring local bus resources. In other regions I look at segment manipulation to merge 2 or 3 lines as an excuse to add full time express service. In some of my posts about beeline I would try that time to time.

should B35L be rerouted to a street with less traffic or give up and make B35 straddling to bypass traffic completely?

Not re-routing B35's on snyder, linden, or lenox.....

If it were re-routed, it would be irrelevant to the B35, and at the LTD stops. people jump on whatever arrives first.
And before anyone says anything, a bus lane would cause a bigger problem on that thoroughfare then it would help

+1, times two

You will be hard pressed to see/hear people along church av in my area implicitly stating that they're waiting for the LTD (or they need the LTD).... Even over there by the (F) for ppl seeking to head east on the B35, you'll get a few that'll specifically wait around for the LTD, but most'll generally hop on the first thing that comes.... Or, you'll get those that'll let the LTD's go & wait for the locals so that they get first dibs on a seat (since mcdonald is the first stop).....

Edited by B35 via Church

Well, B35's plan made sense. Have the B48 cover the southern half, and leave the northern half as a shuttle. You split the route and extend the B48 into Queens, all in one shot.

That would be the most effective, in terms of allocating current resources.

Well, B35's plan made sense. Have the B48 cover the southern half, and leave the northern half as a shuttle. You split the route and extend the B48 into Queens, all in one shot.

Better than my plan. Have a through Greenpoint-Roosevelt route to Flushing since there's space along Roosevelt now. It can share a stop with the Q50 or across the street with the 48. The Sunnyside-Williamsburg half would be covered by an extended Q104. It would just make a u-turn on Queens Blvd

I had both those routes doing that as far back as 2011 (See here, you liar)....

Back around that time, you were actually suggesting Q33's going to greenpoint & Q49's going to Williamsburg....

ohh IC kay man My implementation was different I didn't do the research as I didn't know you then actually. But I have a hidden secret related to that later I will elaborate on that.

ohh IC kay man My implementation was different I didn't do the research as I didn't know you then actually. But I have a hidden secret related to that later I will elaborate on that.

What secret man? The more you do this, the more respect you lose.