Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i suggest  extend the B42 to the Utica ave (3) and (4) station 

left right directions 

Northbound 

Normal Route to Rockaway parkway (L) station does not stop on bus loop (only Short turns will)

Right onto Rockaway ave

Left onto Ditmas ave

right back onto Rockaway Parkway into buffalo ave 

Left on eastern Parkway (stay on outer lanes)

terminal at Eastern Parkway and Schenectady ave

U turn at Schenectady ave & eastern Parkway to go back to the other outer lane 

Southbound 

Right On Buffalo Ave into Rockaway Parkway 

Left On Ditmas 

Right on Rockaway Ave 

Right Onto ave D

Right back onto Rockaway Parkway

Stop at the (L) station will be out side of the station south bound

Normal route back to canarsie pier

i suggest  extend the B42 to the Utica ave (3) and (4) station 

left right directions 

Northbound 

Normal Route to Rockaway parkway (L) station does not stop on bus loop (only Short turns will)

Right onto Rockaway ave

Left onto Ditmas ave

right back onto Rockaway Parkway into buffalo ave 

Left on eastern Parkway (stay on outer lanes)

terminal at Eastern Parkway and Schenectady ave

U turn at Schenectady ave & eastern Parkway to go back to the other outer lane 

Southbound 

Right On Buffalo Ave into Rockaway Parkway 

Left On Ditmas 

Right on Rockaway Ave 

Right Onto ave D

Right back onto Rockaway Parkway

Stop at the (L) station will be out side of the station south bound

Normal route back to canarsie pier

i created maps for it 

northbound 

https://maps.google.com/maps?ct=reset&tab=ll

southbound

https://maps.google.com/maps?ct=reset&tab=ll

tell me if the links work?

I just get blank Google map of NYC region

i see what i did wrong hopefully

try this 

Northbound

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218345366120084192601.0004d550ae491465cc342

Southbound

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218345366120084192601.0004d55113de92b00488c

Edited by BreeddekalbL

For those who want the IRT, there's the B17 to Crown Heights, and the B6/B103 to Flatbush Avenue (depending on where in Canarsie you are). I think the B42 should remain as a simple shuttle serving the (L).

i figured i'd create the maps and take a crash course in creating one. and besides the route just seems so short so i figured i'd create one..

(if the mta looks at my links and creates the route i expect to take full credit and to be hired as a route planner lol jk  :lol: )

reinstate the B51 my way! it will be a rush hour route and will be also activated when the manhattan bridge is closed for subway service. just for RTS cng command

northbound

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218345366120084192601.0004d5925b3a956a4ec56

southbound

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218345366120084192601.0004d593409405a777553

Edited by BreeddekalbL

reinstate the B51 my way! it will be a rush hour route and will be also activated when the manhattan bridge is closed for subway service. just for RTS cng command

northbound

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218345366120084192601.0004d5925b3a956a4ec56

southbound

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218345366120084192601.0004d593409405a777553

closed for subway service means excellent but I'd prefer it to be a canal crosstown to pier 40 to link to MTA's new M12. I was on B51 years ago at PM rush after canal street it was carrying well air.

I remember now why that route got canned: because the subway is much faster. I doubt the MTA will bring it back. Speaking of which, anybody know how the B39 is doing? Of all the redundant routes to resurrect.

probably just carrying air LOL but I think it's ridership improved marginally. The only way to successfully bring back B51 is as a lower manhattan crosstown canal comes to mind otherwise don't even bother. Heck not even taking seriously any proposal to bring it back. Heck I'd go as far and say letting it stay on flatbush all the way to atlantic terminal would actually benefit B51 if a miracle brings it back.

probably just carrying air LOL but I think it's ridership improved marginally. The only way to successfully bring back B51 is as a lower manhattan crosstown canal comes to mind otherwise don't even bother. Heck not even taking seriously any proposal to bring it back. Heck I'd go as far and say letting it stay on flatbush all the way to atlantic terminal would actually benefit B51 if a miracle brings it back.

im working on that

I have a feeling that the reason that the B51 will never come back is because one can use the train from Atlantic Avenue/Barclays Center to Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall.

its still the same links tell me what you think with the pier 40 extension  

(mod's please delete the short im working on that post didn't mean to post)

Yeah, if you run it like that it might work. Traffic on Canal can be insane, though. The risk is it becoming like the M60 in that respect.

There is nothing that says "success" about a canal st crosstown route...

Nothing.

AEMoreira81 said:

I have a feeling that the reason that the B51 will never come back is because one can use the train from Atlantic Avenue/Barclays Center to Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall.

I really don't think it had anything to do with ADA issues or w/e (talkin about taking the subway).....

I think the only reason they resurrected the B39 over the B51 boiled down to one thing....

Mileage.

Edited by B35 via Church

@threxx your ideas are very good, i just have a few suggestions:

the b5 can fill the service gap on 65st east of 13th avenue

the b1 extention should loop like the b16 and b63 school trippers:

from 86th St R-shore rd to 83th R-on 83rd(possible stop at narrows)R-on colonial(stop at 83rd&colonial)L-on 86th(resume route)

@threxx your ideas are very good, i just have a few suggestions:

the b5 can fill the service gap on 65st east of 13th avenue

the b1 extention should loop like the b16 and b63 school trippers:

from 86th St R-shore rd to 83th R-on 83rd(possible stop at narrows)R-on colonial(stop at 83rd&colonial)L-on 86th(resume route)

The B5 uses 68th and 69th because of traffic on 65th, and w/the B5 there won't be much of a gap left.

As for the B1 reroute, I've changed the routing as such.