Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...and B4 running like shit to be honest B4 may need a LTD.

How in the world do you arrive to that conclusion?

B4 runs on 20-30 min headways (for the most part) throughout the day - that's the only reason those buses get packed....

Not assigning LTD service on routes w/ such high headways....

....But can we please drop B2/100 debate now.

I concur.... That's why I haven't said anything about it after I made that last reply to via....

..OK I see so B4 needs more service what's why people said it was the worst. OK Fine I think it should get boosted to every 12 mins.

Cool, but realize that the B4 currently runs on such low frequencies because the ridership doesn't exist enough to boost service to 5 BPH (12 min headways).....

I honestly think the B100 can be more frequent on weekends, especially Sundays.

I have mixed feelings about that.... during mornings & early afternoon hrs (weekends; both days), I agree...

However, whenever I take the 100 towards kings hwy subway in the late afternoon & early evening hrs (on a saturday, at least), those buses only be having < 5 people on it from Utica av on over to the subway station....

Correction. The minority neighborhoods kept their service. You've repeatedly said how areas like Canarsie have become more urban as the Black population increased. Does this look urban? In fact, it's more suburban than a lot of South Brooklyn neighborhoods.

But quick, we better stop before Mr. Mini-Mod asks us to get back on topic. -_-

Very funny... And that's Flatlands 5th, it's going to be relatively undeveloped because of how close it is to the creek.

There are some urban areas of Canarsie. VG8 has somewhat of a point here.

I do have to ask for your honest answer. Do the areas you describe feel urban or blighted?

In your opinion.

Yes parts of them do.

Yeah I've actually been in Canarsie before to speak on it. The residential areas of Canarsie are quiet, but I wouldn't call them suburban in feel.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

"Feel" is subjective.

That's correct and that's the point I'm making. Just because an area is dense doesn't automatically make it "urban" and vice versa. What is "urban" and what is "suburban" isn't necessarily objective.

What I meant was are you simply using the term urban to mask the fact you feel the areas are blighted. I know some areas you describe, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt, Via.

Not at all... Urban doesn't necessarily mean run down though in some cases it could be associated with that, but at the same time they are certainly more lively, stores are open late and you just see more people out and about. In other words the vibe is that which you would tend to find in a more urban setting. Then there are places that may be dense, but still not urban in terms of feel or look. If anything they're more like towns where you have the Downtown area if you will.

LOL... You excuse Mariners' Harbor having three express buses that run down the same avenue because of where the buses are based out of (which BTW the X12 and X42 are out of Meredith NOT Castleton) but Marine Park can't have its two local buses because there are two routes a block apart for a small segment of the route, even though both routes serve different purposes.... What a load of BS.

Meredith is a storage facility, not an actual depot. They rotate buses there from other depots.

Aside from that, it doesn't disprove my point, because the buses would still have to go down Forest to reach South to get to Meredith.

It's not a "small segment" of the route. It's the entire route west of Flatbush Avenue.

And I never said they can't have their two routes. I said the B2 would share the same exact route as the B100 instead of running a block away. I didn't say to outright cut the route. And that has nothing to do with express routes along Forest Avenue.

Well then what is it then?? Everyone else seems to be fine with the two routes except for you. It seems to irk you beyond belief that Marine Park has its two local buses which are cheaper to run in comparison to Mariners' Harbor having three express buses which you're fine with, two of which go to the same destination in Midtown, but you're so concerned about efficiency... Ahem...

The X30 goes through NJ and is much quicker to reach Midtown (provided there isn't a delay or anything) than the X42.

Aside from that, the X42 would have to go down Forest Avenue anyway to reach Meredith (or if it were to go to Castleton, then you'd end up with a bunch of service along Port Richmond Avenue, and you'd be complaining about that instead)

You also never quantified what "a little fuller" meant in the past, which is typical. Your definition of "a little fuller" and my definition is quite different. A seated load is just fine to me. SRO is not a little fuller. It's crowded.

Well, I definitely specified that I would not want crushloaded buses, and yet you still keep making up that BS.

And you used to keep saying "Oh, I never sit on the SI local buses, because they're filthy". Now suddenly it's the end of the world if you have to stand? Are you PinePower's cousin or something?

Because transportation should be free remember? If you had free transit you wouldn't care how crowded the buses were.

Boy, you didn't read a word I said, did you? You're only making yourself look like an idiot when you make up random crap without reading what I write.

If the bus is crushloaded, that means it needs more runtime, and more fuel, which means that it costs more money. Why would I want buses to cost more money when you could throw a few more buses on the line, make them less crowded, and keep the buses moving and bring costs down?

Yes it is more urban because it is far more urban in feel and you also have far more people walking about and hanging out on the street because things in some parts of the area are closer together. Less so in most of West Brighton. As for the ridership the X30 gets please. You don't know where those people drive from. That parking lot across the street is used there mainly because you can get on and get a seat at that stop and have a place to park the car. That doesn't mean those people all live in Mariners' Harbor because if they did they could simply walk to the bus stop. All of the cars I see driving out of the parking lot head in the opposite direction of Mariners' Harbor on Forest Avenue.

That's just so much BS, I don't know where to begin.

There aren't a ton of people walking about. There are times when I walked down to Forest Avenue from the S46 route, and I'm the only one walking around. Hell, MattTrain can vouch for this, when I showed him around Mariners' Harbor. Aside from a couple of people over by Brabant Street, we were the only ones out there walking down to Forest Avenue (and this is a good half-mile without seeing anybody). Are there a few people walking along Forest Avenue? Of course, but it's mostly car-centric development.

And Mariners' Harbor doesn't just cover the areas right by Forest Avenue. If you live near Richmond Terrace, it's too far to walk (I mean, you could, but realistically, you won't). Therefore, you'll drive over to the express bus. You could drive east and then drive north. (That would be more Elm Park than Mariners' Harbor, but the X30 runs through Elm Park as well. Mariners' Harbor doesn't start until around Simonson Avenue, so the area between the MLK & Simonson along Forest is Elm Park)

And again, if people are using the parking lot of a big-box store as a park-and-ride, regardless of where they're coming from, you're only confirming my point that it's a suburban area.

You can BS me all you want and pretend that Forest Avenue is packed with people in that area, and people are just hanging out, but you're not going to get me to believe that Mariners' Harbor is so much more urban than West Brighton. You're going to tell me that this is more suburban than this?

Hmm.... Last I checked Forest & Broadway has plenty of minorities there waiting for the bus, in fact far more minorities are there than whites. Same thing for Richmond Avenue, so there goes that theory...

There are more Whites east of Richmond Avenue than west of it. There are more Whites south of Forest Avenue than north of it. Don't sit there and pretend that cutting service back from those areas wouldn't cause a large decrease in the amount of minorities on those routes. Would there still be minorities on those routes? Of course, but not as many as there currently are.

A place can be urban in feel and that doesn't mean all of it has to be considered urban. You really need to get out more because you are stuck on what a place looks like and how dense it is as to what determines whether it is urban or suburban, but that is not the case. There is also the vibe that the area has and parts of Canarsie do have an urban feel.

That makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah, parts of those neighborhoods are urban and parts are more suburban. You're not going to sit there with a straight face and tell me that Forest Avenue in West Brighton is more suburban than Forest Avenue in Mariners' Harbor. Tell me how this is more suburban than this. I'm not talking about the side streets or anything like that (though that wouldn't exactly hurt my argument).

Now, if we were comparing this to this, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on, but that's not the case. Tell me how the first image is more suburban than the second one. Keep in mind that neither one really has a lot of 24/7 stores and things like that.

The "urbanity" of an area has nothing to do with its crime rate, or how run-down it is. Compton, California is known for its high crime rate, and yet look at it (I don't necessarily know if this is the worst part, but still). I wouldn't have a problem with somebody calling in suburban. And yet it's a suburban area with a high crime rate. The same thing with parts of Detroit. You don't have a bunch of old tenement buildings in the high-crime areas. It's mostly houses. If you want to say "high-crime area", just say "high-crime area". Don't sit there BSing about the "urban" vs. "suburban" areas.

But when you do that, make sure you're referring to an actual high-crime area, not just an area that has a lot of Blacks & Hispanics.

Very funny... And that's Flatlands 5th, it's going to be relatively undeveloped because of how close it is to the creek.

My point is that if an area had a comparable feel, but was a White neighborhood, he would consider it suburban. He keeps talking about how parts of Sheepshead Bay are suburban, whereas a comparable part of Canarsie would be urban. I know there are parts of Canarsie that have more rowhouses and things like that, but so does Sheepshead Bay.

I have mixed feelings about that.... during mornings & early afternoon hrs (weekends; both days), I agree...

However, whenever I take the 100 towards kings hwy subway in the late afternoon & early evening hrs (on a saturday, at least), those buses only be having < 5 people on it from Utica av on over to the subway station....

I was thinking about how people in Mill Basin go about their transportation, not necessarily to connect with the subway at the (B)(Q) Brighton line. I'll agree with you that there isn't so much ridership on the weekends on the B100

Meredith is a storage facility, not an actual depot. They rotate buses there from other depots.

Aside from that, it doesn't disprove my point, because the buses would still have to go down Forest to reach South to get to Meredith.

It's not a "small segment" of the route. It's the entire route west of Flatbush Avenue.

And I never said they can't have their two routes. I said the B2 would share the same exact route as the B100 instead of running a block away. I didn't say to outright cut the route. And that has nothing to do with express routes along Forest Avenue.

Yeah nothing to do with it because you'll do anything to justify that area having an abundance of service, but God forbid Marine Park have decent service... Furthermore the buses still have Meredith Depot sticker on them so they're from Meredith.

The X30 goes through NJ and is much quicker to reach Midtown (provided there isn't a delay or anything) than the X42.

Aside from that, the X42 would have to go down Forest Avenue anyway to reach Meredith (or if it were to go to Castleton, then you'd end up with a bunch of service along Port Richmond Avenue, and you'd be complaining about that instead)

Oh please... That depends on where you're taking the X42...

Well, I definitely specified that I would not want crushloaded buses, and yet you still keep making up that BS.

And you used to keep saying "Oh, I never sit on the SI local buses, because they're filthy". Now suddenly it's the end of the world if you have to stand? Are you PinePower's cousin or something?[

Boy, you didn't read a word I said, did you? You're only making yourself look like an idiot when you make up random crap without reading what I write.

If the bus is crushloaded, that means it needs more runtime, and more fuel, which means that it costs more money. Why would I want buses to cost more money when you could throw a few more buses on the line, make them less crowded, and keep the buses moving and bring costs down?

Well then clearly you don't know what you want. You argue transportation should be free, then say you want buses to be "a little fuller" but not crush loaded. I mean really... You expect more people to use buses when more of them will have to stand?

That's just so much BS, I don't know where to begin.

There aren't a ton of people walking about. There are times when I walked down to Forest Avenue from the S46 route, and I'm the only one walking around. Hell, MattTrain can vouch for this, when I showed him around Mariners' Harbor. Aside from a couple of people over by Brabant Street, we were the only ones out there walking down to Forest Avenue (and this is a good half-mile without seeing anybody). Are there a few people walking along Forest Avenue? Of course, but it's mostly car-centric development.

And Mariners' Harbor doesn't just cover the areas right by Forest Avenue. If you live near Richmond Terrace, it's too far to walk (I mean, you could, but realistically, you won't). Therefore, you'll drive over to the express bus. You could drive east and then drive north. (That would be more Elm Park than Mariners' Harbor, but the X30 runs through Elm Park as well. Mariners' Harbor doesn't start until around Simonson Avenue, so the area between the MLK & Simonson along Forest is Elm Park)

And again, if people are using the parking lot of a big-box store as a park-and-ride, regardless of where they're coming from, you're only confirming my point that it's a suburban area.

Oh please I didn't say all of Mariners' Harbor is urban. I said some parts are, which is true.

You can BS me all you want and pretend that Forest Avenue is packed with people in that area, and people are just hanging out, but you're not going to get me to believe that Mariners' Harbor is so much more urban than West Brighton. You're going to tell me that this is more suburban than this?

Oh please... Some parts are urban in comparison to other parts of Staten Island.

There are more Whites east of Richmond Avenue than west of it. There are more Whites south of Forest Avenue than north of it. Don't sit there and pretend that cutting service back from those areas wouldn't cause a large decrease in the amount of minorities on those routes. Would there still be minorities on those routes? Of course, but not as many as there currently are.

Yeah and? Most of the people riding the local buses on SI are minorities so that's immaterial.

My point is that if an area had a comparable feel, but was a White neighborhood, he would consider it suburban. He keeps talking about how parts of Sheepshead Bay are suburban, whereas a comparable part of Canarsie would be urban. I know there are parts of Canarsie that have more rowhouses and things like that, but so does Sheepshead Bay.

And what's a comparable feel? Also I said some parts of Canarsie are urban and some aren't. What part of that don't you get???

Yeah nothing to do with it because you'll do anything to justify that area having an abundance of service, but God forbid Marine Park have decent service... Furthermore the buses still have Meredith Depot sticker on them so they're from Meredith.

It would still have decent service. The idea is to make it better than the service they have now, where if you made your choice to wait for one route or the other, and that one route screws up, you're SOL.

And no, it's not about trying to justify them having an abundance of service.

Oh please... That depends on where you're taking the X42...

Oh please yourself. If you're taking it from anywhere along Forest Avenue, the X30 is faster. You want proof?

An X42 that leaves Forest & South at 7:10 reaches West Midtown at 8:42. Meanwhile, an X30 that leaves Forest & South at 7:12 reaches West Midtown at 8:19. That means that the X30 is 25 minutes faster from Forest & South, and 15 minutes faster from Forest & Richmond.

It's common sense. The X42 has to make local stops all the way from Mariners' Harbor to Slosson Avenue, whereas the X30 basically goes straight to the Goethals Bridge. Not to mention the fact that the X30 starts making local stops in Manhattan by 42nd Street instead of by 23rd Street (and by the way, the X42 doesn't do you much good if you work by 42nd Street in West Midtown). Yeah, I know sometimes there are delays by the Lincoln Tunnel, but then there are also delays by the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel and FDR Drive at times.

If the X30 isn't that much faster than the X42, how come there are a lot more people taking the X30 along Forest Avenue than the X42?

Well then clearly you don't know what you want. You argue transportation should be free, then say you want buses to be "a little fuller" but not crush loaded. I mean really... You expect more people to use buses when more of them will have to stand?

Re-read that statement and you'll realize that it didn't make one bit of sense.

Yes, I've always said that I wanted buses to be a little fuller, but not crushloaded. I never said anything about wanting crushloaded buses. I'm sorry, but having a few standees doesn't constitute crushloaded unless you're PinePower.

Oh please I didn't say all of Mariners' Harbor is urban. I said some parts are, which is true.

Oh please... Some parts are urban in comparison to other parts of Staten Island.

And Forest Avenue isn't one of those parts.

You're avoiding the question. Tell me how the first image is more suburban than the second image. You keep harping on how an "urban" neighborhood is getting so much extra service than a "suburban" neighborhood when that is an outright lie. I'll even toss in a few side streets. Mariners' Harbor vs. West Brighton and Westerleigh vs. Graniteville.

Go on, tell me how the Mariners' Harbor & Graniteville images are so much more urban than the West Brighton & Westerleigh images. It doesn't matter what the area looks like by Richmond Terrace, because the X30 doesn't run on Richmond Terrace. (And if you want to talk about Richmond Terrace in Mariners' Harbor, I'll talk about Richmond Terrace in West Brighton)

Yeah and? Most of the people riding the local buses on SI are minorities so that's immaterial.

And you tried to avoid those lines with minorities as much as possible. You tried to find any excuse to use bus routes with White riders, rather than the ones with minority riders. (And you can try and deny that as much as you want, but you know it's true). You'll probably put the :lol: icon up and all that, and yadda yadda yadda.

Forgive me if this was discussed already, but how about an extension of the B36 from Sheepshead Bay to Kings Plaza via Avenue U. It would take a load off the B3 in my opinion.

I don't think it's been brought up too much in this thread, but the idea's been tossed around in the past.

Mariner's Harbor? Detroit? Meredith ? Where are these neighborhoods located? What happened to Brooklyn guys? Re-read the thread title and respond to it or move on. Please. Carry on.

Actually the focal point is Brooklyn and the discussion was centered around a B2/B100 merger. We didn't go off topic. We just went further with a thought process. In any event, on with the next proposal since I've made my points.

Mariner's Harbor? Detroit? Meredith ? Where are these neighborhoods located? What happened to Brooklyn guys? Re-read the thread title and respond to it or move on. Please. Carry on.

Well, first of all, we were discussing Brooklyn in a few of the sections, and second of all, his attitude about urban vs. suburban is relevant because he keeps harping on the fact that "the more suburban areas" always get shortchanged, when he really means "the white neighborhoods always get shortchanged". We went off and talked a little about other areas outside of Brooklyn, but the point remains the same.

Actually the focal point is Brooklyn and the discussion was centered around a B2/B100 merger. We didn't go off topic. We just went further with a thought process. In any event, on with the next proposal since I've made my points.

Such an accurate description.

It would still have decent service. The idea is to make it better than the service they have now, where if you made your choice to wait for one route or the other, and that one route screws up, you're SOL.

Better according to you. Keep that in mind. You're blowing this whole one line screws up nonsense out of proportion. Neither line is that long to be using that as an excuse to merge both lines. You're so concerned about efficiency so maybe you should come up with a proposal to do something with the B74 and interline it with the B36.... :D In any event, Bus Time will be in Brooklyn soon, so that should help with your so called "efficiency" issues.

And no, it's not about trying to justify them having an abundance of service.

It's funny that everyone else has an agenda besides you...

Oh please yourself. If you're taking it from anywhere along Forest Avenue, the X30 is faster. You want proof?

An X42 that leaves Forest & South at 7:10 reaches West Midtown at 8:42. Meanwhile, an X30 that leaves Forest & South at 7:12 reaches West Midtown at 8:19. That means that the X30 is 25 minutes faster from Forest & South, and 15 minutes faster from Forest & Richmond.

It's common sense. The X42 has to make local stops all the way from Mariners' Harbor to Slosson Avenue, whereas the X30 basically goes straight to the Goethals Bridge. Not to mention the fact that the X30 starts making local stops in Manhattan by 42nd Street instead of by 23rd Street (and by the way, the X42 doesn't do you much good if you work by 42nd Street in West Midtown). Yeah, I know sometimes there are delays by the Lincoln Tunnel, but then there are also delays by the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel and FDR Drive at times.

If the X30 isn't that much faster than the X42, how come there are a lot more people taking the X30 along Forest Avenue than the X42?

For starters the X30 runs later. I've taken both over to Richmond Ave and the X30 despite what is said on paper is only marginally faster, but not by much. That schedule is just that... A schedule... Until you actually ride the lines I wouldn't call that "proof".

And you tried to avoid those lines with minorities as much as possible. You tried to find any excuse to use bus routes with White riders, rather than the ones with minority riders. (And you can try and deny that as much as you want, but you know it's true). You'll probably put the :lol: icon up and all that, and yadda yadda yadda.

lol.... And I'm curious... What lines would I be using to do this because all of the lines on the North Shore have a minority presence... :o LOL! I used the X30 the most and that line has a sizable amount of minorities on it as did the X10, which I still use so I guess I'd better try a lot harder to avoid them.

I should probably sit this one out, but where do minorites come in to play with any proposal in this thread?

He's arguing that I only fight for service improvements for non-minority neighborhoods and using that as an excuse to justify merging the B2 and the B100. Most of my life I have lived in either suburban or suburban like neighborhoods so naturally I feel a connection with other suburban areas to fight to keep service for those areas since they usually have less transit options than urban ones and have rougher commutes. Meanwhile I've currently been fighting to restore service here in Manhattan on several bus lines that run in urban areas that all folks use regardless of background, but I'm only fighting for non minority lines. LOL What a joke. Oh and where did the B64 go that I fought to have it restored to?? Coney Island... <_<

He's arguing that I only fight for service improvements for non-minority neighborhoods and using that as an excuse to justify merging the B2 and the B100. Most of my life I have lived in either suburban or suburban like neighborhoods so naturally I feel a connection with other suburban areas to fight to keep service for those areas since they usually have less transit options than urban ones and have rougher commutes. Meanwhile I've currently been fighting to restore service here in Manhattan on several bus lines that run in urban areas that all folks use regardless of background, but I'm only fighting for non minority lines. LOL What a joke. Oh and where did the B64 go that I fought to have it restored to?? Coney Island... <_<

That is true to an extent and I feel the same.

Back to the topic at hand, like I said before, I see the B2 improving slowly. I know many advocated for better service on the route. I think it's best if it is left untouched for a while.

Edited by Turbo19

Will you stop already lay off the B2 plz. Those people will RIOT you are not in brooklyn enough to know these lines. Those people will FIGHT IT TOOTH AND NAIL!!!! They lost enough with the B64 and B4 running like shit to be honest B4 may need a LTD. Better idea send B2 to ave p then bay parkway and let the line gain ridership.

And what's the big deal that you feel you need to waste a post for this? Why do you get to propose endless 'ideas' and get upset if people shoot it down? B2/100 merge is more sensable than that (F) to Euclid idea in the B25 subway thread.

Anyway, no point beating a dead horse, people don't want the merge, well fine. If they want to pay more or risk one of the 2 lines being cut, then so be it.

Better according to you. Keep that in mind. You're blowing this whole one line screws up nonsense out of proportion. Neither line is that long to be using that as an excuse to merge both lines. You're so concerned about efficiency so maybe you should come up with a proposal to do something with the B74 and interline it with the B36.... In any event, Bus Time will be in Brooklyn soon, so that should help with your so called "efficiency" issues.

No, you're the one saying it's about efficiency issues, because I never said it was.

As for the B74 & B36, they're more frequent than the B2/B100, so the advantage would be lessened.

It's funny that everyone else has an agenda besides you...

Nope, you're the only one.

For starters the X30 runs later. I've taken both over to Richmond Ave and the X30 despite what is said on paper is only marginally faster, but not by much. That schedule is just that... A schedule... Until you actually ride the lines I wouldn't call that "proof".

I've rode the X17J plenty of times, and it generally takes around 45 minutes to get into Midtown, assuming the backups aren't too bad (I mean, there's always the issue with merging into the bus lane by the Lincoln Tunnel, but still). If the X17J generally manages to stick to the schedule, You're going to tell me the X30 is so much slower even though they take the same route to get into Manhattan?

lol.... And I'm curious... What lines would I be using to do this because all of the lines on the North Shore have a minority presence... LOL! I used the X30 the most and that line has a sizable amount of minorities on it as did the X10, which I still use so I guess I'd better try a lot harder to avoid them.

Well, for starters, you were equidistant from the S44 & S48 (and you can lie all you want and pretend you weren't, but you know you were), and yet you only used the S44 once in the whole time you lived on SI (and you admitted it in the "Buses you've tried" thread). In that area, the S48 has more White riders than the S44, so you chose the "lesser of two evils" and took the S48 instead.

The X10 has a sizable amount of minorities, but it's still mostly White. I'll give you the X30, but when you're in a rush in the morning, it would be stupid to take a slower route just because it happens to have more White riders. Aside from that, it's not like the X30 doesn't see its share of White riders.

For your commute home, you were more picky in trying to avoid routes in minority areas. You knew the S54 was infrequent and had issues with reliability, and yet you still took it, when there were many more frequent alternatives available. You could've gotten off at Richmond Road and took the S53. You could've taken the bus to Forest & Richmond and caught the S44 or S48 (again, you can lie all you want, but the S44 was an option for you). But all 3 routes have a large minority ridership base, so you stuck with the S54.

Once the S54 was taken away as an option (when they cut weekend service and late evening service), you still tried to avoid those alternate routes as much as you could. Instead of doing the simple thing and taking the X10 to the S53, you went to Slosson Avenue, walked to Victory Blvd, and took a Victory Blvd route to the S53. And conveniently, the S61/62/66 all have very few minority riders. It's an excuse to spend more time in White neighborhoods on routes with White people.

He's arguing that I only fight for service improvements for non-minority neighborhoods and using that as an excuse to justify merging the B2 and the B100. Most of my life I have lived in either suburban or suburban like neighborhoods so naturally I feel a connection with other suburban areas to fight to keep service for those areas since they usually have less transit options than urban ones and have rougher commutes. Meanwhile I've currently been fighting to restore service here in Manhattan on several bus lines that run in urban areas that all folks use regardless of background, but I'm only fighting for non minority lines. LOL What a joke. Oh and where did the B64 go that I fought to have it restored to?? Coney Island...

And the riders that were using it to reach Coney Island were of what ethnicity? Yeah, that's what I thought. You said yourself it was mainly used by Bath Beach riders, not riders in Coney Island.

It's like some of the routes out of St. George. St. George is a minority neighborhood, but some routes go into White neighborhoods, and have predominantly White riders. If you were to cut, say the S62 back to Forest & Victory and have riders transfer to another route to reach St. George (obviously, I wouldn't advocate for that, but I'm using it as an example), most of the riders who would be affected would be White people, not minorities in St. George.

And no, I was advocating for that well before you came into the thread.

Why do you get to propose endless 'ideas' and get upset if people shoot it down?

He posts ideas either to try to one-up someone or simply for the sake of being different... There's one thing to be new & different & sensible w/ these suggestions, it's quite another to be new & different & spewing BS.....

It's almost never for the benefit for the actual people would end up taking the routes he proposes....

I was thinking about how people in Mill Basin go about their transportation, not necessarily to connect with the subway at the (B)(Q) Brighton line. I'll agree with you that there isn't so much ridership on the weekends on the B100

Oh, I wasn't necessarily talking about ppl xferring at the subway either... I was only sayin that, that's the direction I used to take the 100 towards on saturdays (when I used to go to this hobby shop; "kings games" if you heard of it)..... Instead of takin the dollar cab to church av for the brighton southwards, sometimes I'd ride the B46 down to fillmore & catch the 100 towards the subway (meaning, I would ride it westbound).....

I wouldn't take the 100 EB b/c I wouldn't go straight home after hittin up that hobby shop.....