bus Operator Exam no.2613 is out now

RTS4Life

I'm the list for exam# 8006 for B/O and exam# 8094 for Conductor from 2008 since there getting close to my list # for B/O. I'm also on a random list for exam# 2152 for MTA Bus from last year. I'm not planning on taking the up coming exam since I got to wait for so long, and I'm not getting any younger. Wish everyone the best of luck!

If you are a Mabstoa operator, and you take the TA test so you can work out of Queens or SI, and get called, and you are already at top pay as an OA driver, how does that work???

I know you keep your pension time, and give up your picking seniority.. But do you have to take a pay cut from $29/hr to $20/hr or will they keep you at your pay scale??

Do you guys think I should take the TA exam, just in case they don't merge MTA BUs with TA/OA or in case they don't fix the pension. A lot of bus ops from TA/OA that I know told me most likely MTA bus pension is going to get fix and that its going to be merge. So what you guys think, and to j, from what I was told you keep everything besides the picking seniority.

I think eventually the pensions, pay,etc will all line up.. When, who knows.. In my opinion, send in the app, take the test, then see how you feel when you get called for the position. You can always pass on it, but at least you will have that option if nothing changes between now & then.

It's gonna be a few yrs b4 they start calling off of it, so you have time.. But I'm sure you already know that.. lol

The 2613 exam will be given next January but the list should be established by the summer or fall because the 8006

expires on Aug 12, 2013.

I know a lot of people who got very high list numbers from the MTA Bus 2301 are most likely going to take this 2613.

At least with this you control your own destiny instead of being a assigned a random list number. I expect a lot of no

shows if the weather is really bad when they give the exam. I also expect this list to be bigger then the 8006(#3,758)

but less then the 2301(15,000+)

Do you guys think I should take the TA exam, just in case they don't merge MTA BUs with TA/OA or in case they don't fix the pension. A lot of bus ops from TA/OA that I know told me most likely MTA bus pension is going to get fix and that its going to be merge. So what you guys think, and to j, from what I was told you keep everything besides the picking seniority.

Look at it this way...if you take the test and get hired and for some reason during the year long probabtion you don't make it....no going back to the old MTA BUS.....its out on the street with no depot to call home!! count your blessings and stay put!!

I was gonna take this test, but now I don't know. I don't want to get stuck somewhere like Manhattanville or Stengal......I want SI.

Take it! Where ever you are placed is only temporary....on your first day at Zerega you will fill out a "permanent" Staten Island transfer form, once the slot becomes available you will be transferred over.

You won't get manhattanville because it is OA . Stangel is TA. So that might be possible. I wish they would say what boroughs they are hiring for.

Not true. In 2002 OA and TA were allowed to crossover...I'm a TA operator hired in 2011 and started my career at West Farms which is an OA depot.

Also Jmazz77 I'm not sure how many years your served as an OA operator but the OA dispatcher test will be open for filing starting in August.

Take it! Where ever you are placed is only temporary....on your first day at Zerega you will fill out a "permanent" Staten Island transfer form, once the slot becomes available you will be transferred over.

Not true. In 2002 OA and TA were allowed to crossover...I'm a TA operator hired in 2011 and started my career at West Farms which is an OA depot.

I didn't know they did that for guys going to SI or Queens.. I thought it was handled seperatly b/c of the different unions. Cool.

Also Jmazz77 I'm not sure how many years your served as an OA operator but the OA dispatcher test will be open for filing starting in August.

I have 2 1/2yrs on the job. I'm trying to get reinstated to B/O. If I do so by the time the apps come out, or I at least know for sure I will be, then I will put in for the test.. Once I get on the list, they will hold my spot till I get the time in and to my understanding it's a slow moving list.. So I think I would be OK time wise if I am able to get back behind the wheel.

I'm going to take the test just have to get the application in......i was told to study the buses and the routes in manhattan, points of interest and the NYS CDL manual

however can anyone tell me what depots this is for i thought this was a MABSTOA also ? is TUSKEGEE AIRMEN DEPOT part of this?

so like if you can pick Casey Stengel but you can't pick Manhattanville, what can you pick,,.....a list of depots able to be picked from in manhattan and queens from this test would be greatly appreciated:) thanks

I'm going to take the test just have to get the application in......i was told to study the buses and the routes in manhattan, points of interest and the NYS CDL manual

however can anyone tell me what depots this is for i thought this was a MABSTOA also ? is TUSKEGEE AIRMEN DEPOT part of this?

so like if you can pick Casey Stengel but you can't pick Manhattanville, what can you pick,,.....a list of depots able to be picked from in manhattan and queens from this test would be greatly appreciated:) thanks

This a TA test so when hired you can choose from every depot minus the following:

College Point

Eastchester

Far Rockaway

JFK

LaGuardia

Spring Creek

Yonkers

CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS ? I HAVE A CDL WITH P/S AND DRIVE A BUS IN GEORGIA I WANT TO TAKE THE 2613 EXAM BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND THE PART THAT SAID YOU NEED TO HAVE A NY DL AT THE TIME YOU ARE APPOINTED FOR THREE YEARS CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH A PHONE NUMBER OR CORRECT ANSWER I HAVE GOTTEN SO MANY DIFFERENT ANSWERS THANK YOU

Yes sir, depot picks goes according to list number in your class, the one with the lowest list number picks

first, etc. You are asked to write down 3 depots, so for number 1 you would obviously put down the depot

that you most want to go to.

However you may be sent where you don't want to go if there are no more slots open for the 3 depots that you

listed. You can always transfer out when the system pick comes around so look at it as just being there on a temp

basis.

They advise on here to pick a depot that is closest to home, which makes sense. You are on probation for 1 yr and

you never want to be late for work. Although a lot of B/O's live outside the 5 boroughs and have commutes of 1hr+.

thanks locomotion .....if i do well i think i want 1) Casey Stengel 2) Tuskegee Airmen and 3) Quill......but we'll have to see if there are spots there .....my commute would be more than an hour as well and i understand that you have to be on time i had a friend who worked for stengel for 32 years.....he liked it .......do you know anything about the following?:

1) picks or runs for stengel and tuskegee?.,...like how they structure them?

2) what the questions are like on the test?...i know you're supposed to study the CDL manual and points of interest but do you have any specifics?....and

3) what depots do you particularly recommend? i don't really want brooklyn and i only want stengel in queens and Tuskegee and quill in manhattan and was thinking 126th street as a runner up so any insight?

CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS ? I HAVE A CDL WITH P/S AND DRIVE A BUS IN GEORGIA I WANT TO TAKE THE 2613 EXAM BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND THE PART THAT SAID YOU NEED TO HAVE A NY DL AT THE TIME YOU ARE APPOINTED FOR THREE YEARS CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH A PHONE NUMBER OR CORRECT ANSWER I HAVE GOTTEN SO MANY DIFFERENT ANSWERS THANK YOU

The licence must be valid in New York, meaning that its recognized by the state. You are not required to have a NYS CDL. i know of a few drivers that have out of state like new jersey and penn state. you would have to get in contact with some one in HR and they will tell you if what states CDL are good for the MTA.

thanks locomotion .....if i do well i think i want 1) Casey Stengel 2) Tuskegee Airmen and 3) Quill......but we'll have to see if there are spots there .....my commute would be more than an hour as well and i understand that you have to be on time i had a friend who worked for stengel for 32 years.....he liked it .......do you know anything about the following?:

1) picks or runs for stengel and tuskegee?.,...like how they structure them?

2) what the questions are like on the test?...i know you're supposed to study the CDL manual and points of interest but do you have any specifics?....and

3) what depots do you particularly recommend? i don't really want brooklyn and i only want stengel in queens and Tuskegee and quill in manhattan and was thinking 126th street as a runner up so any insight?

I am not a NYCT B/O, however there are Stengel operators on here, Flushing Flash and Young Foch come to mind.

I did take the previous B/O exam(8006) in 08. So I can only answer your questions about the exam. The exam is tricky

meaning that you will have some questions where you think 2 different answers are the correct ones.

They will give maps for the points of interest, landmarks, questions. I posted on here awhile ago some questions that were on the last exam, let me see if I can dig up that post for you, just to give you an idea. It shouldn't be that hard to

pass the exam, but it's hard getting a 90.00+ on this exam.

What color are the fog lights in the rear of the bus?

red,amber,yellow, white.

Which bus line goes to Grant's tomb?

Which bus line goes to randalls island and wards island?

What borough is prospect park located in?

What three boroughs does the tri-borough bridge connect?

How many feet are you allowed to park a bus away from a curb?

When a school bus is stopped and dispensing passengers on the opposite side of a divided highway, what do you do?

Archived