MTA Trivia

Strain

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit: I got it... Those lines must be the (A)(D), (E)(F), (N), (Q), (1), (2), (4), (6), as well as the (7).

Correct you include all of the correct lines which are the (2)(4)(A)(D)(F)(N) which have 10 or mor trains on the entire line.

(Q)(1)(6)(E) are innocent since they only have 7 trains on the entire route. (7) only has 5 trians.

Good try!

ive heard this years ago in reference to the A train.

If i remember correctly, the "showcase" was referred to the Lefferts. But ive heard the Far Rock refered to as the "Heat" and the Rock Pk, the "Special". But this was in the early/mid 90s.

Ima take a shot in the dark and say the "Showcase" is a route that runs except nights and a "Super" as a 24/7 route.

again...this is total guessing! LOL

I wouldn't know, I wasn't a C/R in the IND/BMT, but in that case only the (A) behind it would get plugged (delays are built into the timetable for certain lines, that's why you see holding lights in rush hour every now and again). The (D) can always run around it.

Hmm actually according to the current timetable, the AM showcases run all the way to 207, and then stay in service. As for the PM showcases, it's simple - just run lite from 207 yard to 168, and then open the doors. Wow, and all of the PM showcases are worked by AM crews too!

Hmm actually according to the current timetable, the AM showcases run all the way to 207, and then stay in service. As for the PM showcases, it's simple - just run lite from 207 yard to 168, and then open the doors. Wow, and all of the PM showcases are worked by AM crews too!

Yup, no PM crew showcases, that's why I never have been in service out there. Most the showcases are Queens AM crews (a few of them are 1 trippers). The old program from Rock Park to 59 is just that... old. I mean they still have the (C) from Bedford/168 to WTC as the main route selection for that line! Most of the AM dropouts are at 168 or Dyckman.

Don't really do this trivia so forgive me if I'm breaking a rule by posting, but see if anybody gets this easy one.

I'm the 10,000 pound-heavier car that the oldest fleet currently running shared brakes, propulsion, and controls with on delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived