some pointless luminator changes

As a see NICE bus on the n4 i saw a pointless luminator change this is what it said

N4 JAMAICA N4 Archer Ave/Parsons Bl N4 via Merrick Road It didnt say N4 Jamaica Parsons/Archer but this mainly occured on the 1800s. i think we can agree that NICE has made other pointless changes.

As a see NICE bus on the n4 i saw a pointless luminator change this is what it said

N4 JAMAICA N4 Archer Ave/Parsons Bl N4 via Merrick Road It didnt say N4 Jamaica Parsons/Archer but this mainly occured on the 1800s. i think we can agree that NICE has made other pointless changes.

I wouldn't say its pointless because NICE is separating themselves from the MTA as much as they can. It's good to see them taking a different direction.

I wouldn't say its pointless because NICE is separating themselves from the MTA as much as they can. It's good to see them taking a different direction.

If they want to separate themselves, then they can find a new terminal in Jamaica...

I think chopping off the avenue / road at the end is annoying to me. Bother the n51 and n4 will soon be "via Merrick" but on runs on Merrick avenue and one on Merrick road.

true but still in my opinion it looks pointless

I think chopping off the avenue / road at the end is annoying to me. Bother the n51 and n4 will soon be "via Merrick" but on runs on Merrick avenue and one on Merrick road.

true it is. cause i seen n4s saying N4 via merrick ave before

There are doznes of riders waiting to get on n4 at Jamaica Center, Jamaica Bus Terminal, Far Rockaway or Flushing.

A lot of NICE's ridership comes from the routes that run into Queens. Doesn't anyone ever see that the N4, N6, N20, N22, N24, have the higher riderships?!

A lot of NICE's ridership comes from the routes that run into Queens. Doesn't anyone ever see that the N4, N6, N20, N22, N24, have the higher riderships?!

I sure do. It shocks me there is no n4L.

Most N4 B/Os are very late due to heavey boarding at Jamaica Center and Queens.

Today, after stopping by at Hewlett-Wodmere Library, 15:20 n32 Far Rockaway #1674 pulled up at Trinity Pl at 16:20, and it was crowded and very late.

I went back to rear and there was few spaces. After nearing CityLine, I finally got a seat.

Then, some passengers waiting along other stops had to wait for next.

If they want to separate themselves, then they can find a new terminal in Jamaica...

And where would the N1, 4, 6, 22, 22A, 24 and 26 go? No matter where you go, NYCT dominates the scene

Over the past few weeks, there has been one huge change in the signage: In the 1800-series Orions, most of the Luminator Titans have been reprogrammed to show the bolder letterforms, whether there have been service adjustments or not; and their respective Horizons on the side have been featuring their distinctive numbering and lettering. When I went to Nassau a few weeks ago, I saw almost every 1800-series bus with the extremely bold destination lettering. Lilbluefoxie has shown examples in his thread already. Currently, the N40 is one of the few routes — if not the only one left — to utilize the MTA format for all of their signs on an 1800-series bus.

Currently, the N40 is one of the few routes — if not the only one left — to utilize the MTA format for all of their signs on an 1800-series bus.

I know the N51 does still and most likely other low-use South Shore routes do as well.

Whenever I pass a bus with these luminator change I can't see which direction the bus is going... I can only see via whatever road, then it goes dark for a few seconds then via 2nd road or landmark comes up... Then it goes dark again for a few seconds then finally the destination comes up in the same size font.

Kind of hard for riders to see. Especially the bus going in the same direction makes the same stop, people can't see which way the bus is going.

IMHO it should look like this DESTINATION<>via route 1<>DESTINATION<>via route 2... The destination should be the longest thing on the sign.

It's pointless putting via whatever road, unless the bus alternates routes. It's not the 1950's people have their trip planned out before they leave... N4 JAMAICA is sufficient enough, they don't need to put via whatever... It's not like people are looking at the bus coming saying "N4 to Jamaica, oh good it goes down Merrick the who way, I can get to my doctors appoint..." lol

Archived