Around Bay Ridge Turf and a New Lens

R62A 1651

Incredible shots. What's the lens, not an 18-200 is it? Last one is absolutely fantastic, that MCI M2 codebreak is a great one, and the rest are phenomenal. Nice catch of 9632 with its new stripe as well, that was pretty recent. 945 and 406 are a great comparison, nice together. Is the BusTime fleet 320-339 or something like that?

Incredible shots. What's the lens, not an 18-200 is it? Last one is absolutely fantastic, that MCI M2 codebreak is a great one, and the rest are phenomenal. Nice catch of 9632 with its new stripe as well, that was pretty recent. 945 and 406 are a great comparison, nice together. Is the BusTime fleet 320-339 or something like that?

Sony 50mm F1.8 Prime Lens

That sony prime lens looks CLEAN!

the word is not clean, I describe the lens as a funky lens because when it focuses on the subject, it completely blurs everything out and it creates very unique pictures it's unbelieveable

the word is not clean, I describe the lens as a funky lens because when it focuses on the subject, it completely blurs everything out and it creates very unique pictures it's unbelieveable

That's the whole point of the f/1.8 50mm prime lens.. That lens has a excellent depth of field and therefore can create photos that stand out like that.

I have the exact same lens for Canon.. if you can figure out how to work it right, you will get some amazing shots from it.

If you don't like the effect, you can always adjust the aperture to a high number such as 8.0 or above, but remember that will slow down your shutter speed.

That's the whole point of the f/1.8 50mm prime lens.. That lens has a excellent depth of field and therefore can create photos that stand out like that.

I have the exact same lens for Canon.. if you can figure out how to work it right, you will get some amazing shots from it.

If you don't like the effect, you can always adjust the aperture to a high number such as 8.0 or above, but remember that will slow down your shutter speed.

well that's the thing with this lens, I got it more primarily for night time shootings because I can drop the apeture value to the lowest if I have to because I don't like having the shutter speed under 30, the only thing is it's fixed at 50mm which makes me have to give the subject some room away from me unlike the standard 18-55 where I could stand like right in place but it's not the best with shooting at night time because I would put the shutter speed under 30 which I don't like because it's tricky nor do I like raising my ISO either over 800 that's borderline and plus blurring the background around the subject I find that very unique

That was what I was originally thinkin when I got this lens too, f/1.8 would be great for underground or night shots... that was kinda iffy for me, since the AF on the canon is terrible and I have to use MF with that lens.

Yea thats a major issue with the lens you have to step all the way back to grab a shot, but I've kinda gotten used to it.. Just stand about 2-4 parked cars away from the bus and you should be able to get the whole bus with no problems.

The 18-55 isnt that bad for shooting at night, just drop the f stop all the way down to 3.5 and ISO 800 should be fine. If your lens has a stabilizer you should be able to hand-hold up to 1/3 sec. I don't go exactly by the camera's meter; they usually tend to overexpose the shots.

I find myself using my 50mm prime mostly for daytime outside shots now, since again as you pointed out the effect is very unique. once you get used to this lens it WILL deliver some really nice photos.

Archived