Staten Island Bus Proposal Thread 2012-2013

FamousNYLover

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

X17a takes them to Manhattan directly they ain't got no time for doing the cha cha slide through south shore with x8 drop it.  If x17a is so problem prone MTA would get on it done. After a certain part x8s empty out in SI forget getting those people to put up with that why you think x17 is getting more service lately? Cause people need to get to their areas faster and x1 ain't cutting it it's just frequent.

I had to lol at this when I read this.

The X8 and the X17A take a similar amount of time to get from Eltingville to Manhattan.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

How so?

The X8 is just a variant of the X1, the primary Hylan Boulevard express route. The X15 o the other hand has no alternatives on Richmond Road.

X8 gets most riders on father capodano Blvd while going through Giffords la. X15 is on Richmond rd. X8 fills far down x15 not so much. X8 has it's ridership base and needs no extension. You are not using any logic other than to jump on the attack QJ bandwagon.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The X8 and the X17A take a similar amount of time to get from Eltingville to Manhattan.

On what planet sir? Ok but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

X8 gets most riders on father capodano Blvd while going through Giffords la. X15 is on Richmond rd. X8 fills far down x15 not so much. X8 has it's ridership base and needs no extension. You are not using any logic other than to jump on the attack QJ bandwagon.

On what planet sir?

On the planet Earth Sir

The X8 takes 70 minutes from Eltingville to Manhattan as scheduled

The X17A takes 65 minutes from Eltingville to Manhattan as scheduled.

Do I have to show the X8 schedules from September 8, 2013, to get it through.

Just pointing a statement and you're going all apeshit on me (take it however way you want, that's on you)...

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

On the planet Earth Sir

The X8 takes 70 minutes from Eltingville to Manhattan as scheduled

Do I have to show the X8 schedules from September 8, 2013, to get it through.

Just pointing a statement and you're going all apeshit on me (take it however way you want, that's on you)...

Dude if I went apeshit it would be much more harsh and in your face.

If I wanted to jump on the attack it wouldn't be via subliminal bullshit. Don't pull that shit out of your ass like you did to B35.

And under that logic half of your proposals area wide should be disregarded as according to the majority "it isn't broken", or how ever the f**k you like to say it.

Take a cue and back the hell off.

Edited by Turbo19

How so?

The X8 is just a variant of the X1, the primary Hylan Boulevard express route. The X15 o(n) the other hand has no alternatives on Richmond Road.

That, and I wouldn't over-serve that portion of Annadale that the x17a serves by sending 15's's over there, instead of x8's.....

Don't know what the schedules show, but whilst in lwr. manhattan, it has always seemed to me that x15's came like wildfire, compared to x8's....

That's exactly why I didn't bother arguing his *the x8 would take too long, compared to the 17a* argument - outside of the blatant lie he told about the 17a taking riders directly to Manhattan from Annadale.... Like the 17's doesn't make a bunch of stops picking up/dropping off pax b/w ETC & (the stop before it gets on)/(the stop after it comes off) the SIE.....

....and the 15 doesn't have its ridership base & needs an extension? But what does it even matter when before this, you say this:

Same argument for x8 stands.

....which defeats your own x15 suggestion!

.....The X8 takes 70 minutes from Eltingville to Manhattan as scheduled

Thanks....

If I wanted to jump on the attack it wouldn't be via subliminal bullshit. Don't pull that shit out of your ass like you did to B35.

And under that logic half of your proposals area wide should be disregarded as according to the majority "it isn't broken", or how ever the f**k you like to say it.

Take a cue and back the hell off.

I've noticed a pattern..... It's okay for him to post the outlandish proposals that he does (to fill his highway fetish or w/e) & give whatever justification for it happening (I'm still wondering wtf is an "extreme commuter"; A Bronx to Nassau county route... smh).... But if someone posts up a proposal he doesn't agree with, his defense is to say something to the effect of, if it aint broke, don't fix it....

His counter-arguments aren't potent... the best one he had as it pertained to my SI south shore exp. upheaval (or w/e you wanna call it), was the fact that folks wouldn't ride past ETC on extended x8's.... Which AFAIC isn't much to do about anything because it's the same situation on the 17a.... which is why I suggested 17's start off at ETC (of those of which aren't 17c's or 17j's) & to have some other route serve the 17a portion b/w Annadale & ETC.... I happen to chose the x8, where lower manhattan service would not be lost.... He's choosing the x15 for no other reason than to try to one-up my suggestion (which is another thing he does).....

As far as the woe is him, they're attacking him because he's QJTransit______, lol, Please......

That, and I wouldn't over-serve that portion of Annadale that the x17a serves by sending 15's's over there, instead of x8's.....

Don't know what the schedules show, but whilst in lwr. manhattan, it has always seemed to me that x15's came like wildfire, compared to x8's....

Never thought of it in that light but you raise a valid point.

I've noticed a pattern..... It's okay for him to post the outlandish proposals that he does (to fill his highway fetish or w/e) & give whatever justification for it happening (I'm still wondering wtf is an "extreme commuter"; A Bronx to Nassau county route... smh).... But if someone posts up a proposal he doesn't agree with, his defense is to say something to the effect of, if it aint broke, don't fix it....

His counter-arguments aren't potent... the best one he had as it pertained to my SI south shore exp. upheaval (or w/e you wanna call it), was the fact that folks wouldn't ride past ETC on extended x8's.... Which AFAIC isn't much to do about anything because it's the same situation on the 17a.... which is why I suggested 17's start off at ETC (of those of which aren't 17c's or 17j's) & to have some other route serve the 17a portion b/w Annadale & ETC.... I happen to chose the x8, where lower manhattan service would not be lost.... He's choosing the x15 for no other reason than to try to one-up my suggestion (which is another thing he does).....

As far as the woe is him, they're attacking him because he's QJTransit______, lol, Please......

Yeah, right on. The demeanor of his in general is for lack of a nicer term odd. Quite honestly I'm sick of his antagonizing then playing of the victim card.

And anything he counters is for the sole purposes of what he considers elevating himself and/or proposals. He won't counter anything that won't get in the way of his proposals. So of course he was going to pull that from his ass so that he could justify his idea over yours.

And as far as it goes I'm done arguing with him. Simply don't find it worthy of my time.

Never thought of it in that light but you raise a valid point.

Yeah, right on. The demeanor of his in general is for lack of a nicer term odd. Quite honestly I'm sick of his antagonizing then playing of the victim card.

And anything he counters is for the sole purposes of what he considers elevating himself and/or proposals. He won't counter anything that won't get in the way of his proposals. So of course he was going to pull that from his ass so that he could justify his idea over yours.

And as far as it goes I'm done arguing with him. Simply don't find it worthy of my time.

Really I don't argue you must be arguing with air then.

That's exactly why I didn't bother arguing his *the x8 would take too long, compared to the 17a* argument - outside of the blatant lie he told about the 17a taking riders directly to Manhattan from Annadale.... Like the 17's doesn't make a bunch of stops picking up/dropping off pax b/w ETC & (the stop before it gets on)/(the stop after it comes off) the SIE.....

....and the 15 doesn't have its ridership base & needs an extension? But what does it even matter when before this, you say this:

....which defeats your own x15 suggestion!

Thanks....

I won't say outlandish Each idea you post is unique. To be honest your pattern seems to be by minor segment adjustments and I don't disagree with EVERYTHING you say. Mine however are pieces that have to be added ontop of one other and share slight links but over a broad area. You try to perfect each line to it's fullest which I have noticed. If you pulled up my posts you would have caught on already.

Hmm really x15 is that frequent? 

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Really I don't argue you must be arguing with air then.

Says the dude who will force his opinions on others, even when out of context. Say the dude who won't let the most miniscule shit go. Says the dude who downvotes anything he doesn't agree with. Says the dude that plays victim and attempts poor cop outs more often than not. Yeah, truth hurts, don't it?

And besides, didn't I tell you to back the hell off? Go and get bent over something worth your time..

Because it's the truth...retard.

:P  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  can you act your age

Says the dude who will force his opinions on others, even when out of context. Say the dude who won't let the most miniscule shit go. Says the dude who downvotes anything he doesn't agree with. Says the dude that plays victim and attempts poor cop outs more often than not. Yeah, truth hurts, don't it?

And besides, didn't I tell you to back the hell off? Go and get bent over something worth your time..

Why don't you?

Just like how everyone laughs at you when make those dumb ass proposals? Anyway, Staten Island could use more bus service.

Laughing at others proposals or structure doesn't help anyone it just means you're an a**hole. However adding on or alternate suggestions aren't to one up but to compare different strategies to arrive at a common goal.

If you consider the x8 to be frequent, then yes.....

Interesting as to why you arrived at some conclusions.

The most important thing to do first is to close service gaps, not add layers of service, which would be a waste of our tax dollars.

For example, express bus service must be rationalized in the South Shore.  S54 weekend service must be restored, and operate via the SI Mall.  The S67 should be restored, and operate daily, with the S57 operating via Jewett Avenue.  There should also be a local bus route that operates via The Outerbridge.

Let's kill Operations Planning's notion that noone tells them how to plan.

The most important thing to do first is to close service gaps, not add layers of service, which would be a waste of our tax dollars.

For example, express bus service must be rationalized in the South Shore.  S54 weekend service must be restored, and operate via the SI Mall.  The S67 should be restored, and operate daily, with the S57 operating via Jewett Avenue.  There should also be a local bus route that operates via The Outerbridge.

Let's kill Operations Planning's notion that noone tells them how to plan.

Agree with everything but S67 restoration.

But, if the S57 is realigned to operate via Jewett Ave during its hours of operation, replacing the S66, then the S67 would have to be restored, and operate daily.

The service planners should do what's called the Comparative Evaluation and Community Benefit Analysis, like what is done in Philadelphia. (Go to www.septa.org Media section's Reports page, and click "Service Standards and Process" for details.)

In this case, the planners would compare the current amount of riders on the S57 and S66 with the projected amount of riders on the S57 and S67, and the amount of riders that would have their transfers added/eliminated, travel times increased/decreased, and walking distance increased/decreased.

If the planners conclude that the service change would yield an overall net negative community benefit, i.e., that the service should remain as is, then I would be satisfied.

But, if the S57 is realigned to operate via Jewett Ave during its hours of operation, replacing the S66, then the S67 would have to be restored, and operate daily.

The service planners should do what's called the Comparative Evaluation and Community Benefit Analysis, like what is done in Philadelphia. (Go to www.septa.org Media section's Reports page, and click "Service Standards and Process" for details.)

In this case, the planners would compare the current amount of riders on the S57 and S66 with the projected amount of riders on the S57 and S67, and the amount of riders that would have their transfers added/eliminated, travel times increased/decreased, and walking distance increased/decreased.

If the planners conclude that the service change would yield an overall net negative community benefit, i.e., that the service should remain as is, then I would be satisfied.

You just made S66 vulnerable to elimination unless it's sent to say Richmond rd and then so mall you would have to shift several lines around to make S67 useful.