Chick-Fill-A Appreciation Day

Tokkemon

Come on Ed, use your nassau county powers to get Chick Fil A to come to Roosevelt Field or Broadway Mall

It's not just about Ed Magano, EMAIL that Chickin' Restaurant so we Long Islanders can get some good Chickin' without paying tolls or going to a not too good tasting Chickin' in NYU!

Mods, I'm not being allowed to edit that post, and I would appreciate it if you can make it look like how it is above (with the parts about my opinion removed). I'm not afraid to voice my opinion, however I 1. don't want to start a fight and 2. don't want my life ruined, sadly some people out there will literally ruin your life over your opinion. Also if this post can be removed as well once that is done it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks guys! And sorry if I sounded hateful/homophobic in that post, I truly am not a homophobe nor do I support the bullying/discrimination of the LGBT community.

No buddy you voiced your honest view. This is a lifestyle issue and not a racial issue(personally i dislike when some people compare the gay rights movement to the 1960's civil right movements which i know it maybe controvesial comments but IMO are both movements are "apples and oranges") Plus the "Chick Fill A"Boss says he against the Lifestyle, which is not the same as saying he would not allow Gays to come in and buy his products.

Some in the sesantionalism and liberal media, overblowing the story again. How dare the media try this to compare this view from a White Male who a born again Christian to say 1959 Jim Crow era. That when a North Carolina Woolworth Department store's diner (the wal mart of that era) would not allow Black Customers to eat. In short, IMO there is a Big difference in voicing your disagreement with a lifestyle choice (which is what Same Sex Marriage is) and barring customers not into your store based on race, gender, etc.

If this CEO banned Gays in this chain of stores, then a protest was warranted.

FYI. I agree with Foxie. Their Chicken sandwichs are AHHHH Great lol.

No buddy you voiced your honest view. This is a lifestyle issue and not a racial issue(personally i dislike when some people compare the gay rights movement to the 1960's civil right movements which i know it maybe controvesial comments but IMO are both movements are "apples and oranges") Plus the "Chick Fill A"Boss says he against the Lifestyle which is not the same as saying he would not allow Gays to come in and buy his products.

Some in the sesantionalism and liberal media, overblowing the story again. How dare the media try this to compare this view from a White Male who a born again Christian to say 1959 Jim Crow era. That when a North Carolina Woolworth diner (the wal mart of that era) in which Black Customers were not allowed to eat. In short, IMO there is a Big difference in voicing your disagreement with a lifestyle choice (which is what Same Sex Marriage is) and barring customers not into your store based on race, gender, etc.

Sadly many of the people who stand for equality and tolerance will literally ruin your life for disagreeing with them.

You know what, f**k this, I gave my honest opinion and I shouldn't regret that. And I do plan on eating in Chick Fil A next time I'm in the Menlo Park or Woodbridge mall.

Well, regardless of my difference of opinions with that Dan Cathy guy, this doesn't change the fact that this Chickin' restuarant is in my plans when I come back to the USA and doesn't change the fact that KFC is in one of tomorrow's meal, grrr my Fried Chickin' craving is over 9000!!! AHHHH I need Chick-Fil-A Sandwichie Thingy!

Looks like the gay community wants to be hated more, more attention to there case I guess , Which isn't helping just giving them free adverting on there part. They saying they want equal right then why are they try to shut Chick fil down all because they believe in something they don't agree with, specially one CEO that doesn't represent the company as a hole .It there opinion. you can't force all people in this country to agree you on Gay marriage, I don't agree with gay marriage but it's not my business to interfere with others in who they want to marry.you want to marry the same Gender? fine, do I agree? no it my opinion, if you don't like my opinion fine, but I respect you as individual. it a shame that these mayors of there city's that said that day won't want chick fil in there city all because they are just trying to get votes from the gay community.

Jon stewart of the daily show said it best about the mayor of Chicago,

''You won't let Chick fil in but gambling and corruption is just fine''.

If it's good enough for Capone...

Oh give it up. Like the Right don't have six thousand loonies and racists and sexists and elitists and general a$$holes? Lame and irrelevant argument.

but you guys on the left are the ones who call yourself tolerent. heres a punk, who from the safety of his car is berating a girl so he can get his free water. if he wants to be a tough guy, go after don cathay or a real man. That girl has nothing to do with the debate, he just got his rocks off being as intolerent as he claims don cathay is

joe

But you guys on the right are the ones who call yourselves patriotic. Here's Lindsey Graham, who said that "it's really American to avoid paying taxes." If he wants to be a patriot, pay your share and support your country. His argument has nothing to do with being American, he just wants to defend avoiding taxes.

This is too easy. I can do this too. It doesn't make it a good argument.

But you guys on the right are the ones who call yourselves patriotic. Here's Lindsey Graham, who said that "it's really American to avoid paying taxes." If he wants to be a patriot, pay your share and support your country. His argument has nothing to do with being American, he just wants to defend avoiding taxes.

This is too easy. I can do this too. It doesn't make it a good argument.

why dont you use the whole quote. heres the whole quote

it's really American to avoid paying taxes, legally as long as it was legal, I'm OK with it I don't blame anybody for using the tax code to their advantage. I blame us for having it so complicated and confused. Pick a rate and make people pay it."

this statement, whether you agree or disagree is far different from a punk berating a young girl at a drive thru. so keep trying

joe

but you guys on the left are the ones who call yourself tolerent. heres a punk, who from the safety of his car is berating a girl so he can get his free water. if he wants to be a tough guy, go after don cathay or a real man. That girl has nothing to do with the debate, he just got his rocks off being as intolerent as he claims don cathay is

joe

Exactly. That really is uncalled for, to go up to a person who only works at a restaurant and possibly doesn't share Dan Cathy's beliefs and do something like that just because she works for Chick Fil A. Very tolerant indeed.

why dont you use the whole quote. heres the whole quote

it's really American to avoid paying taxes, legally as long as it was legal, I'm OK with it I don't blame anybody for using the tax code to their advantage. I blame us for having it so complicated and confused. Pick a rate and make people pay it."

this statement, whether you agree or disagree is far different from a punk berating a young girl at a drive thru. so keep trying

joe

The full statement makes no difference, and that was so clearly not my point that I have to question whether you even read the post. I was clearly not comparing the two quotes, I was illustrating how silly your argument was. But as usual the point went flying past you. I give up.

The full statement makes no difference, and that was so clearly not my point that I have to question whether you even read the post. I was clearly not comparing the two quotes, I was illustrating how silly your argument was. But as usual the point went flying past you. I give up.

my point was about the falacy of the tolerent left, you answered with a quote that had nothing to do with intolerence, so your point was useless in this discussion. and also by cherrypicking the quote, you misrepresented what was actually said. you inferred that lindsey graham was saying it was patriotic not to pay taxes. which is typical spin from the left.

joe

MHV got disagree.

No buddy you voiced your honest view. This is a lifestyle issue and not a racial issue(personally i dislike when some people compare the gay rights movement to the 1960's civil right movements which i know it maybe controvesial comments but IMO are both movements are "apples and oranges") Plus the "Chick Fill A"Boss says he against the Lifestyle, which is not the same as saying he would not allow Gays to come in and buy his products.

Some in the sesantionalism and liberal media, overblowing the story again. How dare the media try this to compare this view from a White Male who a born again Christian to say 1959 Jim Crow era. That when a North Carolina Woolworth Department store's diner (the wal mart of that era) would not allow Black Customers to eat. In short, IMO there is a Big difference in voicing your disagreement with a lifestyle choice (which is what Same Sex Marriage is) and barring customers not into your store based on race, gender, etc.

If this CEO banned Gays in this chain of stores, then a protest was warranted.

And that highlighted bit is what I agree with 100%. The president of the chain never said anything about banning gays from going to those restaurants. Of course it sounds insensitive, but it's his personal belief. Had he enforced that to his chains and banned gays, then I can see blocking the chain from opening franchises in the affected cities as understandable.

In the end the real winner from all this publicity is the chain in getting so much exposure. It's better than spending their own money to get the word out of their chain via circulars and ads. Boycotts don't always work. And from the appreciation day it seems there seems to be more ppl in support of the chain than those against it. It truly is power to the people by 'voting' with their money.

And that highlighted bit is what I agree with 100%. The president of the chain never said anything about banning gays from going to those restaurants. Of course it sounds insensitive, but it's his personal belief. Had he enforced that to his chains and banned gays, then I can see blocking the chain from opening franchises in the affected cities as understandable.

In the end the real winner from all this publicity is the chain in getting so much exposure. It's better than spending their own money to get the word out of their chain via circulars and ads. Boycotts don't always work. And from the appreciation day it seems there seems to be more ppl in support of the chain than those against it. It truly is power to the people by 'voting' with their money.

Not to mention some of those so called liberal activists did not even make as much a fuss as when Denny's 15-20 years in several incidents of it's resturants in the south not wanting to serving Black customers. Being fair it Denny's is now under new ownership and now reguarly tried to recurit succesful minorities and woman to own their franchises.

That infamous fisaco did get media attention but I never heard 'sit-in's' etc. Boycotts was warranted yet and under after the negative media attention, Denny's basically fired the CEO/President and took away the francshie from those resturants in question.

Just shows how some activists are very selective in what fair and what wrong.

I don't think many people here realize why gay rights supporters like myself were really angry, and there is a very good reason why.

Chick-Fil-A's Christian origins weren't a problem one bit, and I respect the fact that they desire this, i.e., closing on Sundays. The problem was not just what Dan Cathy sad, but also where the money went. Cathy is the CEO of CFA, and getting involved in politics like "protecting the tradition of marriage" doesn't sit well with folks like myself. If it were one unknown person, theyn we would not get riled up so much. But as a CEO, his words translate into a much larger context, and they reflect in his company. In addition, look where most of the companiy''s profits go to. Many of those charities and foundations are infamous for getting involved in anti-gay politics, one of them trying to persuade Congress to NOT condemn Uganda's resolution to execute people just for being gay or bisexual, and trying to paint a facade of "respecting the traditon of marriage" is just vile.

Cathy's actions and donations to the anti-gay "charities" and "churches" show Chick-Fil-A's association in their "traditional marriage" politics, and it really bothers me. No way am I going to eat at a place where some of the company's money gets donated to these "churches," especially those who desire to eliminate gay rights and discriminate gays and bis.

Hundreds of companies do this. People act like Chick-Fil-A is unique in that respect.

Of course the classic internet counterargument has been "don't drive your cars then because the oil comes from OPEC countries where Muslims want to kill gays". Slightly extreme but its out there.

but its ok for gay rights activists to support financially and at the ballot box who are forcing religious organisations to do things that violate their faith. the street goes both ways

joe

Thank You! Well said Joe. Extremists on both sides on the issue of Gay Rights have been unfair and insulted one another.

Archived