Fixing the M60 Route from Delays?

aemoreira81

yeah, I figured, but then again it's BRT/SBS.

You're gonna have to make some sacrifices somewhere. Does the "some," as you point out, represent enough riders to merit keeping the stop? If I were to argue from a proximity point of view, it's pretty obvious that the Park Av stop should be cut, seeing as how Lexington is just down the block, and there is no way in hell Park gets more ridership than Lexington. A stop like 120th, which consistently has at least almost 10 waiting exclusively for the 60 is the kind of stop that deserves SBS. How many people who get on at Park actually need the 60? I've been there often enough to say that the people who need the 60 clearly aren't going to LGA, haven't seen someone with a suitcase board there in weeks (months? hell, years?). Would the walk to Lexington honestly kill you?

kind of as it is people coming off different MNRR lines combine that and you have a decent amount of people using the M60. M60 being a crosstown contributes to it's extreme ridership due to all the connections it makes.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kind of as it is people coming off different MNRR lines combine that and you have a decent amount of people using the M60. M60 being a crosstown contributes to it's extreme ridership due to all the connections it makes.

1. Ridership is not as extreme as you say it is.

2. It's not a Crosstown, the Bx15 is considered to be the Crosstown along 125th Street.

...I've been there often enough to say that the people who need the 60 clearly aren't going to LGA, haven't seen someone with a suitcase board there in weeks (months? hell, years?).

Beat me to it....

Folks from upstate NY, westchester, & CT aren't taking M60's to LGA in any noticable fashion.... I'd go as far as to say it's very miniscule.....

M60 does make a bunch of connections to several regional modes.
kind of as it is people coming off different MNRR lines combine that and you have a decent amount of people using the M60.

M60 being a crosstown contributes to it's extreme ridership due to all the connections it makes.

1) Lol at this, I see what you did there...

He asked a very specific question that had nothing to do w/ the amount of people that use the M60...

2) The M60 is an airport feeder that connects to other buses & subways & the MNRR in the process; it isn't a "crosstown"....

1. Ridership is not as extreme as you say it is.

2. It's not a Crosstown, the Bx15 is considered to be the Crosstown along 125th Street.

This.

Last time I used the M60 was last year, although most people got off before LGA, the few people who stay until LGA are employees that work at LGA rather than people catching a flight. However it seems LGA to West Side Service is more crush loaded than vice versa (still remember the first time I took the M60 accidentally from MAT since the bus was crush loaded ) for some reason.

Archived