Metrocard Bus

QM1to6Ave

To my surprise, I saw the Metrocard Bus on 23rd street today. I had no idea that thing was still around! Is the person who operates the bus a regular B/O? Is that a run you can pick if you have seniority? I would imagine it is a pretty sweet deal.

Where do they keep this bus, and who works on it, selling Metrocards, etc? Anyone know how much business they get?

lol... Yeah that thing pops up here and there, usually by 23rd and 1st. I really don't see the point of it seeing that I see it so rarely. I mean either have it there regularly or don't bother. I know there are no subway stations around, but then if you've got it around for that reason, why not have it appear more often? Seems strange to me.

lol... Yeah that thing pops up here and there, usually by 23rd and 1st. I really don't see the point of it seeing that I see it so rarely. I mean either have it there regularly or don't bother. I know there are no subway stations around, but then if you've got it around for that reason, why not have it appear more often? Seems strange to me.

I believe that the Metrocard Bus mostly shows up around Hospitals and health facilities (23rd & 1st being across from V.A Hospital). There was a schedule on the MTA site but I'm not sure if its still there or not.

Geez, that's a lot of locations. Some spots make no sense like Continental Avenue in Forest Hills, where you have the subway right there (and they are putting in an elevator there for the disabled to get down there). The hospital locations make sense-I must have seen the one today by the VA and not realized that was a hospital.

I think the MTA would be better to scrap the Metrocard bus and just establish deals with Grocery Stores and Drug Stores to place MVM on-site....even if its just the Small Credit/Debit card only machines, where no one has to come out and handle any cash.

Why the MTA still runs the MetroCard bus (which is now 21 years old) is beyond me. Starrett City is technically supposed to see the bus, but it now sees the van only. What the MTA should do instead is buy two longer cutaway vans (as they are more fuel-efficient) and use them as MetroCard vehicles. The hi-cube vans can continue to be used in their current duty.

What's HAI?

Hospital Audiences (I forgot what the "I" stands for). Its 3 white RTSs (ex-TA buses) that you mainly find by hospitals for transportation.

It's @ Gleason And Ulmer Park Sometimes .

They are assigned to Gleason

Hospital Audiences (I forgot what the "I" stands for). Its 3 white RTSs (ex-TA buses) that you mainly find by hospitals for transportation.

They are assigned to Gleason

Interesting, I never saw those white buses before. Did they use them with hurricane Irene last year? I remember they used MCI's for some of the hospital and nursing home evacuations.

Archived