Why are their no mta buses or trains that travel across the Brooklyn Bridge

kingal11234

Didn't they use RTS's on the bridge to round up OWS protesters?

those buses are unique and are 9" 10 BUT those are the ONLY buses MTA has that can use brooklyn bridge. Others designline rest are too tall and make up the majority of their fleet.

If they did, I never heard about that one. I knew the RTS could meet the height limit, so the weight is the biggest issue; so a one time occurrence like that wouldn't be a problem. (I'm sure fire engines use it too, especially if a they need to get to something on the bridge like a vehicle on fire).

don't know if those are short enough I think they are 10"5 or something besides no one will use a bus that uses the brooklyn bridge anyway so it is meaningless you remember B51 it was an absolute failure and is not missed. But I am not sure nor do I give a damn.

What? The B51 was awesome! I remember when it used to use New Flyer C40LFs and Orion V CNGs. Those were the good old days!

If they did, I never heard about that one. I knew the RTS could meet the height limit, so the weight is the biggest issue; so a one time occurrence like that wouldn't be a problem. (I'm sure fire engines use it too, especially if a they need to get to something on the bridge like a vehicle on fire).

Tons of fire trucks crossed the bridge to Manhattan on September .11, 2001 to reach the doomed Twin Towers.

I will say this again with all the subway options to downtown from downtown brooklyn WHO GIVES A f**k? Guess what NOBODY!!! Drop it yes buses can use it but a bus on it will LOSE money it will not be profitable. There is literally zero demand. While we are at it lets have a downtown brooklyn yorkville line via brooklyn bridge seriously CMON MAN. This topic was beaten for too long. where is the lock dance do the dance weee just kidding.

I will say this again with all the subway options to downtown from downtown brooklyn WHO GIVES A f**k? Guess what NOBODY!!! Drop it yes buses can use it but a bus on it will LOSE money it will not be profitable. There is literally zero demand. While we are at it lets have a downtown brooklyn yorkville line via brooklyn bridge seriously CMON MAN. This topic was beaten for too long. where is the lock dance do the dance weee just kidding.

Just like all of your fantasy routes.

Even if there was not a weight clearance---the height clearance is 9 feet; there is no MTA bus that is less than 9'11" tall; the RTSs are 9'11", the O5 diesels are 10'1", the LFSs (and O7 3Gs) are 10'4", the Xcelsiors are 10'6", the D60HFs are 10'10", the C40LFs are 10'11", the O7 hybrids are 11'0", the O5 CNGs are 11'2", and the O7 CNGs are 11'3".

Just like all of your fantasy routes.

what fantasy route? I never made a fantasy route for belt plus I use traffic flow to find ways to adapt networks to improve connectivity. No need to be an ignorant ass. Tell that to people stuck on cross island for no reason since when was that considered a smart commute. The gowanus is full of people going to williamsburg and downtown from SI and southern brooklyn you would have to be a fool to say there is no demand when it is shown right in your face everyday.

Even if there was not a weight clearance---the height clearance is 9 feet; there is no MTA bus that is less than 9'11" tall; the RTSs are 9'11", the O5s are 10'1", and the LFSs are 10'4" (and those are the lowest buses in the fleet).

The height is 11"0 actually so all NON cruisers can technically pass under it even to reach FDR.

don't know if those are short enough I think they are 10"5 or something besides no one will use a bus that uses the brooklyn bridge anyway so it is meaningless you remember B51 it was an absolute failure and is not missed.

But I am not sure nor do I give a damn.

All your recent comments about the B51 in this thread says otherwise....

Besides, you've already spewed your ignorance regarding the B51 in the past, so it's just more of the same coming out of you....

What? The B51 was awesome! I remember when it used to use New Flyer C40LFs and Orion V CNGs. Those were the good old days!

+1

The Manhattan routing of a Brooklyn Bridge bus would be really weird - that general area has a lot of traffic restrictions that attempt to ease traffic flow.

That's true....

----------

I have mixed feelings about evading chinatown though (at least both ways anyway).... I don't think the city hall/park row crowd alone would be enough to sustain keeping such a route afloat.... If it were to be brought back, Maybe the AM buses could take the Brooklyn bridge (since basically no one disembarked in chinatown) & the PM buses would take the manhattan bridge (since you did have ppl. in chinatown over there on bowery/bayard st. over there by confucious plaza) that would board B51's back to brooklyn....

Left turns are allowed onto Chambers (So it could make a big loop around City Hall), and also, it could access Park Row southbound and loop around like the other buses do.
who will use a bus like that? Maybe if it served the navy yard it will get ridership otherwise it would just get dismal ridership.

He's talking about the riders that USED to ride the B51 to the City Hall/Park Row area..... They would use a "bus like that", that's who....

Here you are talking about serving the navy yard as if that has squat to do with anything....

But I forgot, you supposedly don't give a damn.....

Lol, oh so those ideas you dismiss...

So you notice that too....

All your recent comments about the B51 in this thread says otherwise....

Besides, you've already spewed your ignorance regarding the B51 in the past, so it's just more of the same coming out of you....

+1

That's true....

----------

I have mixed feelings about evading chinatown though (at least both ways anyway).... I don't think the city hall/park row crowd alone would be enough to sustain keeping such a route afloat.... If it were to be brought back, Maybe the AM buses could take the Brooklyn bridge (since basically no one disembarked in chinatown) & the PM buses would take the manhattan bridge (since you did have ppl. in chinatown over there on bowery/bayard st. over there by confucious plaza) that would board B51's back to brooklyn....

He's talking about the riders that USED to ride the B51 to the City Hall/Park Row area..... They would use a "bus like that", that's who....

Here you are talking about serving the navy yard as if that has squat to do with anything....

But I forgot, you supposedly don't give a damn.....

So you notice that too....

extend one of the downtown brooklyn buses and be done with it. Prepares for shouter in 3...2...1

No...

only select rush trips very limited service but you have a point. The subway will always be the #1 mode between downtown brooklyn and downtown manhattan anyway.

....and compromise that route in the process? Yeah right....

You're talking out of your ass right now.....

ok I know but seriously can we let this topic die now cause soon more ppl will swarm in and we will have a stupid war on our hands.

only select rush trips very limited service but you have a point. The subway will always be the #1 mode between downtown brooklyn and downtown manhattan anyway.

ok I know but seriously can we let this topic die now cause soon more ppl will swarm in and we will have a stupid war on our hands.

Negative... No flame war will be made out of this.....

Just pointing out how out of touch you are when it comes to (in this case) the old B51.

Says the person still commenting on it

Negative... No flame war will be made out of this.....

Just pointing out how out of touch you are when it comes to (in this case) the old B51.

err yeah but heads up someone with B51 idea is coming. Do you think going direct on flatbush would have increased ridership?

Says the person still commenting on it

not a big deal.

Archived