New Orleans under hurricane warning as Isaac threatens to hit Gulf Coast

Shortline Bus

As bad as lsaac is that hurricane will bring much needed rain to the south.

True. Anyone noticed the price of fruits/veggies in last week or two going up? That of course due to the hottest summer on record in most of the south and midwest. Only positive is that much needed rain will hit the middle of our country. Just hoping New Orleans and the gulf will be spared.

It's only a Cat 1 guys, no where near as dramatic as Katrina.

A hurricane can do damage no matter how strong or how weak it is. Even a tropical storm can be deadly look what happened during Tropical Storm Allison back in 2001. There is no such thing as weak hurricane or tropical storm.

http://en.wikipedia....l_Storm_Allison

The category does not matter. Remember that Irene did major damage in the region, even though it was a weak hurricane/strong tropical storm. TS Isaac has killed at least 24 people (with 16 missing), even though it's "only" a tropical storm. Finally, this storm is expected to slow to a crawl. While flooding may not be as dramatic as Katrina, it will still cause significant damage.

Guys. Has the media overhyped Isaac as a Cat.1/Catg.2 storm?

That's the media. They will overhype anything even if it's something that is not a big deal (not to say a hurricane is not a big deal or anything).

Slow day and even if the storm turns out to be a minor threat, the media will still pat themselves on the back saying how the gulf dodged a big one.. Any coverage of this, I just switch the channel as it's all the same bs.

The Weather Channel (almost their entire on-air weathercasters and reporters)along with the cable news channels have sent armies of crews to New Orleans and other cities in the Gulf region. Tonight when Romney was offically nomaited as the GOP challenger to Obama he being overshadowed by Isaac. Even The son of Ralph Kramden lol aka Gov. Christie keystone speech is being upstaged by this storm. :D

Yall aint seen anything until you saw Hurricane Ivan. It made some real rain in St Vincent. It developed into quite a monster, knocked down some concrete buildings in Grenada. It got to a C5, but it was a C3 when it passed over the Caribbean.

And to keep in mind hurricanes can unexpectedly intensify out of nowhere. That reminds me of what happened into 2004 when Hurricane Charley went from 110mph storm to a 145 mph storm in under three hours. It further more increased in strength to 150mph before making landfall. That was probably the closest we ever came to having a category five hurricane hitting the state since Andrew in 1992.

And to keep in mind hurricanes can unexpectedly intensify out of nowhere. That reminds me of what happened into 2004 when Hurricane Charley went from 110mph storm to a 145 mph storm in under three hours. It further more increased in strength to 150mph before making landfall. That was probably the closest we ever came to having a category five hurricane hitting the state since Andrew in 1992.

Not saying Issac has become a cat. 3 but what makes him so unquie is fact,he a stubborn bastard that will bring as much as 30 inches(not a misprint)to areas in New Orleans and the gulf. Thus as a cat. 1 he bringing ENDLESS RAINS/WINDS that could challenge the new levee systems down there bulit after Katrina.

Hey this is becoming a viral hit online. Weather Channel Jim Cantore this morning (8/29/12)doing a live remote on Issac when 'it' happened lol. Take a look.

FYI. Guys seriously you should worry about this storm as most of America's major gas refinaries are in the gulf region. Thus gas prices likely will spike up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6LtYejsnp4

It now has 1977 views so far and that I expect will be growing.

Actually there now about 3 clips of that now famous scene of Issac. Combined it's about 5,000 views. For a news clip that only 24-hours plus old today (8/30/12)that a sort of viral hit, We not comparing it to a Katy Perry video lol.

even still. 5000 views is not viral.you just like to sensationalize news topics and make them appear to be this big huge thing. you should work for a tabloid like the national inquirer.

even still. 5000 views is not viral.you just like to sensationalize news topics and make them appear to be this big huge thing. you should work for a tabloid like the national inquirer.

Yup. Nancy Grace (crime) AJ Hammer,Ryan Seacrest(entertainment) or my idol Geraldo Rivera, here i come to replace them as hosts and making millions as well. :P Or more like Piers Morgan.

If any if you think a cat 1 will do minor damage, a tropical storm knocked out my power for 6 days. (most of it was LIPA unwilling to get off thier lazy a**, but that's another story...)

For those of you who thought that that this was going to do minor damage, I don't think an initial damage estimate of $1.5 billion and a death toll of 38 (13 more than Hurricane Andrew) is quite minor, to say the least. Any tropical system, no matter how strong, will devistate regions when it stalls. Just look at Agnes and Allison to see how "weak" tropical systems can cause billions in damage when it essentially stalls out.

Archived