Station agent list established

primomjr78

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all you S/A's appointed on 2/11/2013 the new seniority numbers came out yesterday And all of you guys are at the very bottom of the list lol. Don't worry we all started there as well. It's gets better with time, but maybe at a slower pace with so many jobs cut and or condensed nowadays. But anyway how are you guys fairing on the job? Are you guys still in School or on the road yet?

For all you S/A's appointed on 2/11/2013 the new seniority numbers came out yesterday And all of you guys are at the very bottom of the list lol. Don't worry we all started there as well. It's gets better with time, but maybe at a slower pace with so many jobs cut and or condensed nowadays. But anyway how are you guys fairing on the job? Are you guys still in School or on the road yet?

Hey Will,

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, this is our last week of S/A school. We hit the road for good on Friday. However, our first real taste of the job came today. We were all assigned to assume full control over a booth for the first time under the watchful eye of an experienced S/A. I personally got lucky today & drew an extraordinarily nice & knowledgeable S/A who baby-stepped me through everything. We have one more day of this, graduation on Thursday, and then it's for keeps.

Did any of us happen to trickle down your way for training?

Well I work nights so unfortunately no. Maybe one of you could be my relieveing agent. Boy I remember my booth take overs like it was yesterday. i got lucky and scored 2 not so busy booths. I had got H1 8th ave on the L train and n5 Dyckman street on the a train. Both of my training agents were wonderful and taught me methods I still use to this day. But it sucks you guys had to come outta class as soon as the new fare changes took affect. Well good luck on your take overs tomorrow. And even better luck on your final exams. My first solo day in a booth a swore i was hundreds of dollars short and was nervous as hell. I wasn't even bagged out or ready when my relief got there either. But they helped me out greatly. And I was right on point with my money. One tip is never let these people rush you to complete your tranactions. And always check the screen to make sure you've encoded the right amount before you clear your screen and hand them their farecard.

Also if any if you guys have a facebook accounts theirs two stations department groups I could add you too. Both are secret groups so you have to be added and vouched for by a member. Both groups are very informative and can help you out with any questions you may have, or any situations you may encounter. Or if you just want a good laugh about the crazy stuff we deal with in this job day in and day out.

• 1 month later...

Hey Will,

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, this is our last week of S/A school. We hit the road for good on Friday. However, our first real taste of the job came today. We were all assigned to assume full control over a booth for the first time under the watchful eye of an experienced S/A. I personally got lucky today & drew an extraordinarily nice & knowledgeable S/A who baby-stepped me through everything. We have one more day of this, graduation on Thursday, and then it's for keeps.

Did any of us happen to trickle down your way for training?

I was called for final processing last Friday, and I am in the 2/11 class. :-)

I haven't seen or heard from you guys in a while since you've started. I just wanted to know how you guys were hanging in there with the job?

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen or heard from you guys in a while since you've started. I just wanted to know how you guys were hanging in there with the job?

Just wanted to check in. Sorry for the late response. I've been busy adjusting to the new job and the city. Everything has been cool so far, I've learned just how crazy New Yorkers are. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats and welcome aboard dscott161. I know a few people that are going to be in that July 8th class. Some took the cleaner job while they waited to be called the clerk's job. This job is very taxing mentally and the customers can be brutal at times. They've only gotten worst since the fare hike and $1 surcharge for new cards. Just remain professional and allow them their 15 seconds of fame. Ignoring their rants gets them to leave your window alot faster. Never argue with these folks because you'll always lose. TA takes their side 95% if the time. Because most times if they call in tk make a complaint they'll lie on you and add extra to their story. I'd suggest staying nights if you can on your first year to avoid customer complaints. And don't do any un-mandatory OT. Doing OT while being a probie is the easiest way to get into trouble. Also invest your money into either the 401K ,457B or both ASAP. And these people you're going to be in class with you'll be seeing for a long time to come. We pick jobs every six months or so. And the pick will always be your class reunion. So once again welcome aboard. Stay outta of trouble in your first year and you'll enjoy a career with lots of potential to excel.

Congrats and welcome aboard dscott161. I know a few people that are going to be in that July 8th class. Some took the cleaner job while they waited to be called the clerk's job. This job is very taxing mentally and the customers can be brutal at times. They've only gotten worst since the fare hike and $1 surcharge for new cards. Just remain professional and allow them their 15 seconds of fame. Ignoring their rants gets them to leave your window alot faster. Never argue with these folks because you'll always lose. TA takes their side 95% if the time. Because most times if they call in tk make a complaint they'll lie on you and add extra to their story. I'd suggest staying nights if you can on your first year to avoid customer complaints. And don't do any un-mandatory OT. Doing OT while being a probie is the easiest way to get into trouble. Also invest your money into either the 401K ,457B or both ASAP. And these people you're going to be in class with you'll be seeing for a long time to come. We pick jobs every six months or so. And the pick will always be your class reunion. So once again welcome aboard. Stay outta of trouble in your first year and you'll enjoy a career with lots of potential to excel.

Thank you very much!!

They're supposed to hire 300 agents throughout the end of the year. With the first 70-80 hired by end of July.

You're welcome!!

That is great news thanks WillBx718.

My list # is in the 280's Im in the July 8th class also. Never thought the day would come.

Congratulations!

The S/A class is 4 weeks long. The first two weeks will focus on the paper work and the following 2 on the AFC equipment and customer service. You'll be in an actual booth three days during the training. The first time you'll just be observing a certified S/A work. If your guy/gal is anything like mines was they'll let you handle a few customer transactions. This way you'll have a good start for the AFC training. The following two times you'll be in a booth will be you taking over the booth while a certified agent is in the booth with you training you. But ultimately you'll be reasonable for the booth on both days. After that you'll take your two final exams. It's a lot to learn in a short time frame, but you'll be fine. This job is much harder than it looks so be prepared for it. Dealing with The NYC public is not easy by no means. But if any of you guys have any questions or concerns while in class don't hesitate to ask here or PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to ask when I was at 180 this past week. Anyone have updates on the latest list numbers called for Drug tests, medicals or final processing? The last time I checked was the last week of June they were at #326.

I forgot to ask when I was at 180 this past week. Anyone have updates on the latest list numbers called for Drug tests, medicals or final processing? The last time I checked was the last week of June they were at #326.

No one will ever have this exact answer. You'll have to call up human resources about this in order to get an accurate answer. It at least the closest to one. Maybe the folks that are starting this morning will ask around and see who had what list numbers. The next class could start in 2 weeks or in a months time. If I hear anything about class dates I'll be sure to post it here.

Well I just spoke to a couple of union reps and they've been in contact with the MTA's budget and finance department. But they don't have anything concrete as yet. Because TA only let's them know a short period before they decide to hire new people. But thus last class will be a month long, so maybe by the second week of next months there should be a new class, or by September. But they want to hire 300 new people before years end. So far they've only went through 80 people so far. So they should resume pre-employment letters very soon.

The instructors and union reps have said that they will be hiring more station agents. They did not say a specific number. I would also like to say that Willbx gives excellent and accurate info regarding training. Thanks WillBx!

Archived