staten island railway conductor 3800 need help

Igor Gaysinsky

There is no fee online because you pay the fee the day of your exam. I kinda like it this way; since the first step is basically a lottery (like the B/O exams), you are not suckered in to paying the $54 if they don't call your list number for the exam. From the NOE:

Candidates who are scheduled for the multiple-choice test will be required to pay a $54.00 examination fee

on the date of the test. The examination fee must be paid in the form of a money order.

i need help on filing for the si railway conductor exam every time i click file it won`t direct me to the online application if some 1 find it pleases post it here thanks

If you already havent change the internet browser your using the application website never works for me when I use internet explorer you could be having the same problem

Your not going to get an Email from the system. The email is just used just in case you forget your password/user ID. Once you finish applying, it should tell you that you have successfully applied. (With an option to print your confirmation)

Just so everyone knows this position is not civil service .

I'm curious if you are allowed to transfer to NYCTA via Open Competitive exam. Just like switching from OA to TA.

I'm curious if you are allowed to transfer to NYCTA via Open Competitive exam. Just like switching from OA to TA.

I would believe so...but if u mean like how current mta employees take the promo tests and leave out of theur current position I doubt it. It would most likely be treated as if you didnt work for the MTA, but with all that "You will not be..." in the NOE even if we were to get the position in a lot of ways we wouldnt be...no scratch that the NOE actually says we wont be.

Do these conductors ever get promoted to Engineer? How do they usually get their engineers? I applied for this position even though Im already on the 8098 T/O list.

Engineers are sourced from conductors only. Only one engineer that I knew there came straight as engineer without having been a C/R first but he had previous operating experience.

Your not going to get an Email from the system. The email is just used just in case you forget your password/user ID. Once you finish applying, it should tell you that you have successfully applied. (With an option to print your confirmation)

Transfer? No but you can apply for any NYCT exam just like joe public and will be treated as such.

Hey i have a couple of friends applying for this job and i am trying to find them a exam study book. So far i have found this book but i am not sure if it will do for this test.

http://www.passbooks.com/conductor/

If any conductors out there can please tell me if this book is good enough for the SIR Conductor position. Thanks in Advance

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived