How to alleviate overcrowding on the Lex lines with enhanced bus service

Via Garibaldi 8

Then leave manhattan if you don't like trains. Or go live in LES areas where bus service is useful guess what almost noone cares about manhattan buses other than cross towns. This topic is complete crap If SBS can improve bus service in manhattan then yes but alleviate lex overcrowding NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. You are on some strong shit if you believe a single sole will give up the (4) & (5) for no bus now look at other corridors that need it.

Let's shut up about the lex only another subway line will alleviate the lexington line not some bus.

I agree with you and you raise some valid points, but your lack or grammar, idiotic remarks, and sheer stupidity render your credibility and argument useless. Make it look like you actually give a shit about how you present yourself and your information or nobody will give a shit about what you have to say.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you and you raise some valid points, but your lack or grammar, idiotic remarks, and sheer stupidity render your credibility and argument useless. Make it look like you actually give a shit about how you present yourself and your information or nobody will give a shit about what you have to say.

lol... He would be much more credible if he didn't sit back and talk about how useless buses are as if everyone can or wants to use the subway. The subway is not always practical and most only use it because it gets them to their destination the quickest, not necessarily because they love the subway.

I fixed it now stop being an arrogant dude. I had no stupidity in that post just your complete arrogance.

LMAO.... I see why you keep talking about "speed"... Keep on using that good stuff... :lol:

Are you on it? sounds like it ever since you kept this up.

lol... He would be much more credible if he didn't sit back and talk about how useless buses are as if everyone can or wants to use the subway. The subway is not always practical and most only use it because it gets them to their destination the quickest, not necessarily because they love the subway.

I said those that duplicate subways are useless not all in general.

Overall buses if perfected can be quite useful and meld into the subway network to create a complete network.

What I am saying is closing gaps in the network and improving unique corridors is a much higher priority than wasting on a duplicate corridor while starving other areas that is what I am truly against.

We all agree that almost everyone wants to get to their destination the fastest, whether it be by bus or train. The (6) train will always be faster than any bus on Lexington Avenue during rush hour, and the (4)(5) will be even faster.

For going short distances, such as from 90th St to 74th St, the M102/M103 is a much better option. Although it might not necessarily be faster, it will definitely save a ton of walking. If you have M101 SBS that makes stops identical to that of the subway, there won't be anyone who would prefer that because if they're going to spend the effort walking to the nearest subway/SBS stop, they're taking the subway.

Even if there's absolutely no traffic, it's physically impossible for a bus to average more than 30mph due to the timed lights, whereas I'm sure (4)(5) trains can hit upwards of 40-45mph. People taking the subway right now have commutes that are miles long, and even if SBS works out perfectly, the train will always be faster. Sure, SBS may attract that very small percentage of people traveling only one or two subway stops, but that won't make a noticeable difference.

We all agree that almost everyone wants to get to their destination the fastest, whether it be by bus or train. The (6) train will always be faster than any bus on Lexington Avenue during rush hour, and the (4)(5) will be even faster.

For going short distances, such as from 90th St to 74th St, the M102/M103 is a much better option. Although it might not necessarily be faster, it will definitely save a ton of walking. If you have M101 SBS that makes stops identical to that of the subway, there won't be anyone who would prefer that because if they're going to spend the effort walking to the nearest subway/SBS stop, they're taking the subway.

Even if there's absolutely no traffic, it's physically impossible for a bus to average more than 30mph due to the timed lights, whereas I'm sure (4)(5) trains can hit upwards of 40-45mph. People taking the subway right now have commutes that are miles long, and even if SBS works out perfectly, the train will always be faster. Sure, SBS may attract that very small percentage of people traveling only one or two subway stops, but that won't make a noticeable difference.

Thanks you have a point that I needed to get across.

I think sometimes you seriously just like to argue just for the sake of it. Sometimes you've even argued when there was nothing to debate (since you were basically re-stating what the other person had already said) and you stating the obvious at times does just that. Learn how to chill out sometimes with the damn figures, as if everything revolves around them because they don't. There is no need to correct every single thing that someone says or point out things that people left out because just maybe they left it out because they wanted to or didn't think it was necessary to mention it. It's really annoying.

You can take that however you want but I speak from experience. It's generally frowned upon to go around trying to correct people as if you're perfect and please don't go asking when did you say you were perfect either because I'm not going back and forth on this. Just a word of advice. Take it however you want.

He's putting out figures. I'm discussing the figures. What's the problem?

You're a self-hating racist, so I don't give a f**k about your advice and I don't give a f**k about how "annoying" you think I am. I don't argue for the sake of arguing. If somebody leaves out a fact that changes their argument, I'm going to point it out.

You're a self-hating racist, so I don't give a f**k about your advice and I don't give a f**k about how "annoying" you think I am. I don't argue for the sake of arguing. If somebody leaves out a fact that changes their argument, I'm going to point it out.

HUH I thought it was dropped

LOL... Listen I don't think you've been reading what I've been saying at all... SBS would NOT be for folks from the outerboroughs. It would be for folks in Mnahattan taking short trips that you can get off of the subway. No, it won't be a huge difference, but you can't just say well we can't do anything to alleviate overcrowding. They're a number of things that must be done to alleviate overcrowding on the Lex line and when I talk about overcrowding, I'm not just referring to rush hours either. You probably don't take the subway outside of work, but even on weekends now you've got trains packed like sardine cans, and as you know Lex generally moves on the weekends, so in that example you could get some folks off of the train for sure and get them to use the SBS service. My point has been that the subway will always be the show in town, BUT you need to complement the subway and in this case multiple efforts are needed to do that. SAS, SBS and anything else that can be thought of because the goal is to spread out the ridership so that not everyone is flocking to the Lex line.

I'm sure that there are some folks currently that double back to and from the subway and go short distances in Manhattan. Those are the folks that would benefit from having SBS service. I'll use myself as an example. I would take the BxM1 and time it to the M101 to get further Downtown and the trip would be faster than the subway because I didn't have to double back and walk over to say Park for the subway and then back over to 3rd Av down by Union Square. The savings may only be marginal, but think about all of the stairs I don't have to schlepp. That right there I know most folks hate dealing with, so those are the people that could benefit from this. I myself use the Lex. Av line a lot for short distances and if buses could be sped up I would much rather take the bus because like I said and you said, you spend a lot of time with the walking.

LOL... I guess the truth hurts huh... :D You just stated exactly what the problem is except if someone leaves out a fact, it's usually because everyone else knows that it is obvious except for you. :lol: Now let's see if we can all follow along now... -_-

HUH I thought it was dropped

You thought wrong.

LOL... I guess the truth hurts huh... :D You just stated exactly what the problem is except if someone leaves out a fact, it's usually because everyone else knows that it is obvious except for you. :lol: Now let's see if we can all follow along now... -_-

That's not the truth, so therefore it can't hurt. It's the opinion of a self-hating racist, which is worthless to me. Did you remember to bleach your skin again today? <_<

And no, there are always people who don't know it's obvious. Aside from that, you realize that members aren't the only one who read this site. I'm sure we have thousands of lurkers reading this site, and some might not have realized that.

"I ride the Lex Av buses frequently, and you do know that it's the second heaviest used corridor in the city right???"

It is NOT the second-heaviest used corridor in the city. Point blank. Period. So if anything is obvious, then it's the fact that he's making a false statement. Why would somebody make a false statement if it's "obvious" that it is wrong?

I think SBS on the M101 should happen, but for the sake of the bus riders. If people switch to it from the subway in light amounts, that's an added bonus. It's a good thing that better bus service wouldn't draw in too many subway riders anyway, since bus service can't accommodate a mass influx of riders.

Body of Text spoilered for your health:

Using the bus as an alternative for the train really is a losing strategy, since it's just so much smaller and slower. Gorgor has a point in that Midtown traffic is unbelievably bad, and SBS on the M101 probably won't do much to fix that. There's already a curbside bus lane in Midtown and it doesn't make the bus significantly faster. 3rd Av is slow because of the traffic and the construction that I believe is still going on around 60th St [but I haven't been around there in a while, so maybe not.] and Lexington Av is just ridiculously traffic-heavy. Now that I think about it, some of traffic might be migrants from 2nd Av because of the SAS construction.

Regardless, I don't really think that should be a discouragement. The subway should be a nonfactor, since the 101, 102 and 103 together have a pretty solid riderbase and the Lex Av subway is one of those lines we really don't want to push people onto. And besides, saying it's not worth the effort to change things just cosigns things to the status quo. Between M15 SBS, the Lex subway lines and the (Q) the Lex bus lines aren't much of a priority, which is understandable but disappointing. I know the $$$ that would be invested into a project like this is a big part of it too. Although ridership will probably drop once the (Q) opens, I don't think that should be a deterrent either.

The impact M101 SBS might have on L-shaded trips from Amsterdam onto 125th is also a big plus, since there are plenty of people going from the West Side going over to 125th, the East Side, and the (4)(5)(6) in Harlem. The 100/101 is probably the biggest corridor for these people, although the others like the Bx19, M60, Bx15 (and I guess the M3 and M4) are well-used too, and I guess the M3 and M4 (the Bx33 of course, is a virtual non-option because of its poor service). None of them are particularly fast, and the M60 is already going to get SBS so the M101 would be a great companion - it's too bad the fare machines are primitive enough to only work for one route, among other things. I know service on Amsterdam Av might be a problem but that shouldn't be a deterrent either.

There isn't any simple solution for clearing up Midtown traffic, but I wonder if there's anyway to try to draw vehicular traffic to Park Av. Or even better, get rid of the Parking lane on Lexington Av in Midtown during Rush Hour to make an extra driving lane. That I can't see flying, since there'd be no parking on that street at all during that time. I also wish they'd add in bus lanes from 60th St up to 96th St on both streets [Either curbside or offset] but I can't see that getting through either.

Although it wouldn't do much to help speed, I think to improve the reliability of the routes, especially the 101, I think it might just come down to splitting it since the route as is now is a big mess and the depot is in the middle of the route which already has a big part of the operations of the 101 (and the 102 to a lesser extent). Splitting it would rule out SBS as an option for both halves of the route but it's not like the MTA planned to put SBS on the route anyway.

It's the opinion of a self-hating racist, which is worthless to me. Did you remember to bleach your skin again today? <_<

LMAO! Get it all out... :lol: All I know is if I looked like some people I'd be depressed too. Like a wet pale rat. :lol:

And no, there are always people who don't know it's obvious. Aside from that, you realize that members aren't the only one who read this site. I'm sure we have thousands of lurkers reading this site, and some might not have realized that.

"I ride the Lex Av buses frequently, and you do know that it's the second heaviest used corridor in the city right???"

It is NOT the second-heaviest used corridor in the city. Point blank. Period. So if anything is obvious, then it's the fact that he's making a false statement. Why would somebody make a false statement if it's "obvious" that it is wrong?

That's not what he was commenting on about being obvious... What you stated below is what he said is obvious and it is.

snapback.pngcheckmatechamp13, on 24 October 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

Just throwing it out there, but the M101/102 ridership also includes riders going to points away from the Lexington Avenue Line. (M101 riders along 125th & Amsterdam, and M102 riders along Lenox).

When you're confronted about it, then you claim you're commenting on something else... Please.

LMAO! Get it all out... :lol: All I know is if I looked like some people I'd be depressed too. Like a wet pale rat. :lol:

Wow. What a great example of projection. You're a self-hating racist, so you think I'm a self-hating racist too. :rolleyes: You think I'd be offended by being called pale. Think again.

That's not what he was commenting on about being obvious... What you stated below is what he said is obvious and it is.

snapback.pngcheckmatechamp13, on 24 October 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

Just throwing it out there, but the M101/102 ridership also includes riders going to points away from the Lexington Avenue Line. (M101 riders along 125th & Amsterdam, and M102 riders along Lenox).

When you're confronted about it, then you claim you're commenting on something else... Please.

So what's this "something else" I'm commenting on? The ridership includes riders going to points away from the Lexington Avenue Line, and therefore it's not the second-busiest corridor in the city like he was making it out to be. There are a bunch of corridors with higher ridership: Utica Avenue, Fordham Road, and probably Flatbush Avenue, Nostrand Avenue & the Grand Concourse. Now is it a high-ridership corridor? Of course, but let's not exaggerate.

Geez, the whole point of me saying "I'm just throwing it out there" is for it not to start a debate. You keep saying that I like to debate for the sake of doing it, and you're doing the exact same thing you're accusing me of doing.

You guys keep saying SBS is the answer, but you're not stating why.

There's nothing that can be to eliminate traffic in Midtown. If you disagree with this then please speak up.

Next, SBS will lessen the time needed for loading passengers, but how many people are typically waiting for an M101 SBS? The M15 SBS can easily get 20+ people waiting at heavily used stops, but I hardly ever see many people waiting for an M101 LTD. And remember, no other buses use and make stops on 1st/2nd Avenues other than the local M15, but on 3rd and Lex you have the M98, M102, M103, and tons of express buses making stops which will force the M101 SBS to get out of the bus lane and merge with traffic to pass stopped buses.

Somebody, please tell me how SBS can improve bus conditions that the M101 LTD currently cannot do.

You guys keep saying SBS is the answer, but you're not stating why.

There's nothing that can be to eliminate traffic in Midtown. If you disagree with this then please speak up.

Next, SBS will lessen the time needed for loading passengers, but how many people are typically waiting for an M101 SBS? The M15 SBS can easily get 20+ people waiting at heavily used stops, but I hardly ever see many people waiting for an M101 LTD. And remember, no other buses use and make stops on 1st/2nd Avenues other than the local M15, but on 3rd and Lex you have the M98, M102, M103, and tons of express buses making stops which will force the M101 SBS to get out of the bus lane and merge with traffic to pass stopped buses.

Somebody, please tell me how SBS can improve bus conditions that the M101 LTD currently cannot do.

No we're not... We keep saying that there are multiple things needed to alleviate crowding on the Lex line and one of them could be SBS service. What part of that isn't clear??? :huh: As for how SBS could help the M101, well it's pretty simple. With folks paying before boarding and traffic enforcement, those two things would help right there. You keep saying that the M15SBS is fine because there isn't much traffic, but that isn't true. Before SBS, M15s would bunch like crazy. Now they're much more reliable and faster. Are they as fast as a subway?? Clearly not, BUT they've attracted new riders and taken some folks off of the subway who don't mind spending a bit more time commuting.

Wow. What a great example of projection. You're a self-hating racist, so you think I'm a self-hating racist too. :rolleyes: You think I'd be offended by being called pale. Think again.

lol... If you're fine being as pale as a ghost, good for you :lol:.

So what's this "something else" I'm commenting on? The ridership includes riders going to points away from the Lexington Avenue Line, and therefore it's not the second-busiest corridor in the city like he was making it out to be. There are a bunch of corridors with higher ridership: Utica Avenue, Fordham Road, and probably Flatbush Avenue, Nostrand Avenue & the Grand Concourse. Now is it a high-ridership corridor? Of course, but let's not exaggerate.

Geez, the whole point of me saying "I'm just throwing it out there" is for it not to start a debate. You keep saying that I like to debate for the sake of doing it, and you're doing the exact same thing you're accusing me of doing.

You were originally commenting on the exact quote I took that you posted, so please. Now you're trying to combine two different things, when the previous thing at hand was obvious. All one would have to do is look at the map to see that, so I still don't the point of even mentioning it?? You're on a transit forum. If someone had a hard time understanding such a simple concept, they would just ask.

lol... If you're fine being as pale as a ghost, good for you :lol:.

Yes, good for me. B-)

You were originally commenting on the exact quote I took that you posted, so please. Now you're trying to combine two different things, when the previous thing at hand was obvious. All one would have to do is look at the map to see that, so I still don't the point of even mentioning it?? You're on a transit forum. If someone had a hard time understanding such a simple concept, they would just ask.

Yes, and why did I post that? Because it defeats his argument. You're including ridership from Amsterdam/Lenox/125th Street when it's irrelvant to ridership on 3rd/Lexington.

Again, you're arguing in circles for the sake of arguing.

Yes, and why did I post that? Because it defeats his argument. You're including ridership from Amsterdam/Lenox/125th Street when it's irrelvant to ridership on 3rd/Lexington.

Again, you're arguing in circles for the sake of arguing.

As if folks from those corridors don't need Lex/3rd Av... Then you say you're just throwing it out there, but now it's defeating his argument... LOL

As if folks from those corridors don't need Lex/3rd Av... Then you say you're just throwing it out there, but now it's defeating his argument... LOL

It's like talking to a wall.

The M100 gets 16,197 riders a day, and serves similar areas as the M101. Let's be generous and say the M101 gets about 3/4 of that, since it doesn't go all the way up to Inwood. That would mean the M101 gets roughly 12,000 riders a day within Upper Manhattan (i.e. Not traveling along 3rd/Lexington for any portion of the route). And that's not even factoring in M102 riders traveling solely along Lenox/116th. So say it's maybe 14,000 riders total. 58,000 - 14,000 = 44,000. The M15 gets 55,000. He's saying that 3rd/Lexington is the second-busiest corridor in the city (only after 5th/Madison).

The M98 gets about 2,000 riders. You want to factor those in? That brings you up to 46,000 riders. The M15 still gets much more. Hell, even the B46 gets more.

It's like talking to a wall.

The M100 gets 16,197 riders a day, and serves similar areas as the M101. Let's be generous and say the M101 gets about 3/4 of that, since it doesn't go all the way up to Inwood. That would mean the M101 gets roughly 12,000 riders a day within Upper Manhattan (i.e. Not traveling along 3rd/Lexington for any portion of the route). And that's not even factoring in M102 riders traveling solely along Lenox/116th. So say it's maybe 14,000 riders total. 58,000 - 14,000 = 44,000. The M15 gets 55,000. He's saying that 3rd/Lexington is the second-busiest corridor in the city (only after 5th/Madison).

The M98 gets about 2,000 riders. You want to factor those in? That brings you up to 46,000 riders. The M15 still gets much more. Hell, even the B46 gets more.

Before you go jumping all over him, maybe you should let him clarify himself, you know since it's his idea?? This is what I'm talking about. If he's wrong it isn't exactly the end of the world like you're making it out to be with all of these stats and other nonsense. Jesus Christ. This is a forum to discuss, not a friggin' debate team or something.

Before you go jumping all over him, maybe you should let him clarify himself, you know since it's his idea?? This is what I'm talking about. If he's wrong it isn't exactly the end of the world like you're making it out to be with all of these stats and other nonsense. Jesus Christ. This is a forum to discuss, not a friggin' debate team or something.

If you guys hadn't make those smart-ass comments, I wouldn't have been "jumping all over him". Especially you with that sarcastic laugh.

He pointed out a statistic. I pointed out that the statistic is flawed, and that changes his entire argument. If he wants to come and clarify what he meant, he's welcome to do so. Yeah, OK now you want him to clarify himself because you can't come up with anything that refutes my argument. <_< I'm not "acting like it's the end of the world" because I didn't intend to have a long-ass discussion in the first place. It was you who started it off with your "advice".

Apparently what he was saying wasn't so obvious if it needs to be clarified. And don't come in saying "Oh, it's obvious to everybody except you", because if it was, you would've been able to refute what I said.

You've been on this "debate" BS for a while now. You do realize that the definition of a debate is basically a discussion, right?

debate: a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints:

Uh, isn't that what these forums are about? Discussing topics that often involve opposing viewpoints.

And I'm not supposed to bring up stats? So East NY can bring up stats, but I can't? You're just saying that when you know you don't have a good comeback. I love it when you do that: Start arguing with me and then say "Oh, he's turning it into a debate and being all technical". As if you don't sit there and overanalyze points I make, or come up with BS responses to keep the argument going.

If you guys hadn't make those smart-ass comments, I wouldn't have been "jumping all over him". Especially you with that sarcastic laugh.

He pointed out a statistic. I pointed out that the statistic is flawed, and that changes his entire argument. If he wants to come and clarify what he meant, he's welcome to do so. Yeah, OK now you want him to clarify himself because you can't come up with anything that refutes my argument. <_< I'm not "acting like it's the end of the world" because I didn't intend to have a long-ass discussion in the first place. It was you who started it off with your "advice".

Apparently what he was saying wasn't so obvious if it needs to be clarified. And don't come in saying "Oh, it's obvious to everybody except you", because if it was, you would've been able to refute what I said.

Going back to the original post that I quoted it was obvious. Then you jumped in and claimed that you were clarifying more than just the post that I quoted, hence why I said then let him clarify himself and the reason I say that is because this guy rides around quite a bit on local buses, and he's in the business, so he of all people knows a thing or two about the industry.

You've been on this "debate" BS for a while now. You do realize that the definition of a debate is basically a discussion, right?

debate: a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints:

Uh, isn't that what these forums are about? Discussing topics that often involve opposing viewpoints.

And I'm not supposed to bring up stats? So East NY can bring up stats, but I can't? You're just saying that when you know you don't have a good comeback. I love it when you do that: Start arguing with me and then say "Oh, he's turning it into a debate and being all technical". As if you don't sit there and overanalyze points I make, or come up with BS responses to keep the argument going.

Yes, we're having a discussion but for recreational purposes. We're not being graded on what we say for crying out loud. Seriously... Most people don't actually go searching for links and sh*t from websites and all of that. That's what I mean by going overboard. Stats are great and should be used sometimes but you take it another level entirely. I mean if the guy is wrong okay he's wrong. You did the same thing with Shortline in some other thread when he said if he recalled correctly and jumped all over him like it was the end of the world and then wondered why he felt attacked.

Do you want a gold medal because you pointed out some things that East New York was or wasn't wrong on? It's as if you have to go above and beyond to prove that you're right and the other person is wrong on a forum that's for recreational purposes.

You're the type of guy that digs up posts from years ago when most people don't even remember what they've said yesterday. I think you take this stuff way too serious at times. If you're right about what East New York is saying okay fine, so you're right, and?

Going back to the original post that I quoted it was obvious. Then you jumped in and claimed that you were clarifying more than just the post that I quoted, hence why I said then let him clarify himself and the reason I say that is because this guy rides around quite a bit on local buses, and he's in the business, so he of all people knows a thing or two about the industry.

Like I said, this is going in circles.

I made the original post for a reason. He said ridership on the corridor was X amount. I said that not all of those people are traveling along 3rd/Lexington, and it includes those traveling along Amsterdam/Lenox/125th. Then I clarified it with exact numbers. I just didn't happen to do it in the same exact post. This is what I'm talking about with you being the one that's nitpicking. <_<

Good. I'll let him clarify himself (not that I wasn't letting him do so in the first place). You're sitting there jumping in just for the sake of arguing, as if you know exactly what he's talking about, and now all of a sudden, you want him to clarify it.

Yes, we're having a discussion but for recreational purposes. We're not being graded on what we say for crying out loud. Seriously... Most people don't actually go searching for links and sh*t from websites and all of that. That's what I mean by going overboard. Stats are great and should be used sometimes but you take it another level entirely. I mean if the guy is wrong okay he's wrong. You did the same thing with Shortline in some other thread when he said if he recalled correctly and jumped all over him like it was the end of the world and then wondered why he felt attacked.

Do you want a gold medal because you pointed out some things that East New York was or wasn't wrong on? It's as if you have to go above and beyond to prove that you're right and the other person is wrong on a forum that's for recreational purposes.

You're the type of guy that digs up posts from years ago when most people don't even remember what they've said yesterday. I think you take this stuff way too serious at times. If you're right about what East New York is saying okay fine, so you're right, and?

The stats I use are for the most part, directly for the MTA, and in two links (one for MTAB & one NYCT). You act like I'm spending my entire day searching for links.

No, I didn't jump all over him. I corrected him, and if he wants to take it the wrong way, that's his problem.

I don't go "above & beyond" to prove somebody wrong. You're sitting there acting like I spend every waking moment looking for stats and websites just to get somebody to admit that they're wrong.

So let me get this straight? It's alright for you to bring up stances that I've dropped years ago, but it's not alright for me to look for old posts. And half the time, that was the reason I looked through old posts: Because you were sitting there making up BS about things I said and didn't say a long time ago. You kept harping constantly on a plan I had to allow intraborough travel on express buses when I had dropped that a long time ago, and then you acted like that invalidated everything I said. You kept twisting my words about which buses I involved in my plans, and which buses I said were fast and which ones I said were slow, and so I had to look up the posts from years ago. Why? Because those stances were from years ago, so the posts were from years ago.

You're the one making it seem like I get some kind of ego boost by proving somebody wrong. I threw it out there and didn't even expect any sort of response. You're the one making it into a bigger deal than it actually is.

Like I said, this is going in circles.

I made the original post for a reason. He said ridership on the corridor was X amount. I said that not all of those people are traveling along 3rd/Lexington, and it includes those traveling along Amsterdam/Lenox/125th. Then I clarified it with exact numbers. I just didn't happen to do it in the same exact post. This is what I'm talking about with you being the one that's nitpicking. <_<

Good. I'll let him clarify himself (not that I wasn't letting him do so in the first place). You're sitting there jumping in just for the sake of arguing, as if you know exactly what he's talking about, and now all of a sudden, you want him to clarify it.

The stats I use are for the most part, directly for the MTA, and in two links (one for MTAB & one NYCT). You act like I'm spending my entire day searching for links.

No, I didn't jump all over him. I corrected him, and if he wants to take it the wrong way, that's his problem.

I don't go "above & beyond" to prove somebody wrong. You're sitting there acting like I spend every waking moment looking for stats and websites just to get somebody to admit that they're wrong.

So let me get this straight? It's alright for you to bring up stances that I've dropped years ago, but it's not alright for me to look for old posts. And half the time, that was the reason I looked through old posts: Because you were sitting there making up BS about things I said and didn't say a long time ago. You kept harping constantly on a plan I had to allow intraborough travel on express buses when I had dropped that a long time ago, and then you acted like that invalidated everything I said. You kept twisting my words about which buses I involved in my plans, and which buses I said were fast and which ones I said were slow, and so I had to look up the posts from years ago. Why? Because those stances were from years ago, so the posts were from years ago.

You're the one making it seem like I get some kind of ego boost by proving somebody wrong. I threw it out there and didn't even expect any sort of response. You're the one making it into a bigger deal than it actually is.

Right. It's always everybody else that's wrong. In all of the discussions you've had with anyone, I have yet to hear you say you were ever wrong because whatever you do or say is never wrong. Why am I not surprised. Now that exchange with Shortline, he said if he recalled correctly and you went and jumped on him anyway as if he was claiming to be sure of himself and then turned around and said oh I wasn't attacking him? Why because you didn't feel like you were but if someone says if they recall correctly, it means that they're not sure. You don't go correcting them like that because it's an attack whether you realize it or not. Smh Anyway, I just had to get that off of my chest to see how you would react and I wasn't at all surprised with your response.

So do you have any other corrections that you would like to make about anyone else while we're discussing this M101SBS bit? I may have misspelled a few words...

Right. It's always everybody else that's wrong. In all of the discussions you've had with anyone, I have yet to hear you say you were ever wrong because whatever you do or say is never wrong. Why am I not surprised. Now that exchange with Shortline, he said if he recalled correctly and you went and jumped on him anyway as if he was claiming to be sure of himself and then turned around and said oh I wasn't attacking him. Smh

Pfffft, as if you've ever admitted you were wrong.

And yes, there have been times when we were discussing proposals and I would admit the other person was right. Here. You want an example? http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/29681-the-sad-story-of-staten-island-bus-service-how-would-you-cheer-the-borough-up/page__st__160?do=findComment&comment=455530

In fact, if you go onto the next page, you keep harping on it how I'm wrong and I didn't do research and all that when I already conceded to his point.

Pfffft, as if you've ever admitted you were wrong.

And yes, there have been times when we were discussing proposals and I would admit the other person was right. Here. You want an example? http://www.nyctransi...160#entry455530

In fact, if you go onto the next page, you keep harping on it how I'm wrong and I didn't do research and all that when I already conceded to his point.

Wait a minute... Which is it??? Are you disputing his points or refuting them??? Make up your mind already.

Ugh, I can't believe we've been arguing for 2 pages over something I didn't intend to discuss at all. If East NY thought it was worth arguing over, he would've came in by now.

Wait a minute... Which is it??? Are you disputing his points or refuting them??? Make up your mind already.

:rolleyes:

I already conceeded to his point about the fact that they emanate from a hub-and-spoke system as being why it can't be a grid system

Since apparently you're retarded in addition to being racist, I'll break it down for you.

At 3:20, I made a post that refuted his argument.

At 8:22, B35 refuted my argument

At 9:45, I said I made that above statement

At 10:02, you come in acting like we're still having the argument, talking about how I'm wrong like it's a big deal, and then putting up "Well then that debunks your whole argument. :cool: :tup:"

At 1:46 the next day, B35 says the argument is done, but at 11:04, you're still harping on it.

Keep arguing with me. You're only making yourself look bad.

Archived