How to alleviate overcrowding on the Lex lines with enhanced bus service

Via Garibaldi 8

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Improving reliability on upper manhattan crosstowns like M96 & 86 & 79

& SBS for hillside ave queens or 5th ave/madison. And a HOV/BRT or shoulder bus program to speed up queens express buses. New line in manhattan that speeds travel between UES and battery park city creating lines with diagonal travel patterns avoidingduplicating subways for a long time. Making waterbury MNRR a LRT enhancing service and lowering operating costs. And Speeding up express buses from SI to manhattan via busway and closing gaps in the subway network. Like (F) extension to 188th and improving LIRR service in eastern queens. Bringing lines to underserved corridors. Improving Bronx local service andSI's local buses too in partnership with NJT improving connectivity. And improving manhattan lines that need it more like M11 & making a use for those DHs on the west side hwy into a bus route. And reactivating bay ridge LIRR to prepare for future growth and improvement to the network. extending franklin ave shuttle to myrtle ave linking to (J) & (M)

Yes, let's hear them... Let me see.... Subways are faster than buses if you're looking for speed... Or maybe you'd like to re-route a bus down an expressway somewhere??

Err huh not exactly my NYC structure. Only to link eastern queens with eastern bronx and thats it you obviously read too many of NJT. It is only to speed up existing express buses.

Keep dreaming.

To be honest this topic is unimportant BS NO BUS WILL EVER alleviate subway crowds drop it.

SBS on the M102!

Again, just kidding!

Seriously, this thread IS "How to alleviate overcrowcrowding on the Lex with enhanced bus service".

Since that's the topic, that's what's important.

This topic is stupid unrealistic BS. It's only useful to watch checkmate vs via 8 smackdown.

To be honest, your "proposals" is unimportant. Deal.

If you don't like this thread, then why are you reading it?

err You obviously can't read LOL nuff said. I wonder why you love saying crap like this.

This topic is stupid unrealistic BS. It's only useful to watch checkmate vs via 8 smackdown.

err You obviously can't read LOL nuff said. I wonder why you love saying crap like this.

You're a little kid who pretends to know everything when in fact you don't know a damn thing, little boy. Why are you still criticizing this thread just because you consider it "BS"? Are you seriously bored??

Your "proposals" are the biggest joke ever because they're nonsensical (for the most part) and incoherent, period. If you want to contribute to this thread, please feel free to do so. If not, then don't bother looking at this thread.

Well it's not completely unrealistic due to IF incentives for riders to transfer were available, it could take atleast even something like 5 percent of riders. That's half a car of a full ten car consist.

You make a realistic point sadly this thread not so much.

You're a little kid who pretends to know everything when in fact you don't know a damn thing, little boy. Why are you still criticizing this thread just because you consider it "BS"? Are you seriously bored??

Your "proposals" are the biggest joke ever because they're nonsensical (for the most part) and incoherent, period. If you want to contribute to this thread, please feel free to do so. If not, then don't bother looking at this thread.

Err You aren't worth the trouble your just trying to start a flame war don't waste your time this is immature so nuff said Again you don't read carefully.

How about something like this: we can assume a lot of Lex riders need the east side whether it's in UES, or South Ferry. How about if some thing like this may work, even if it's for a small 5% difference, which on the Lex does indeed make a difference:

Extend the current M15SBS to 125th & Lex. Advertise the crap out of it! Make it known. Then allow an extra transfer(only at 125th) for the SBS for those who start their trips with a bus to the subway at their point of origin with a metrocard.

Like I said, even a small percentage make a difference and technically "alleviate overcrowding" and doesn't create an additional SBS.

How about something like this: we can assume a lot of Lex riders need the east side whether it's in UES, or South Ferry. How about if some thing like this may work, even if it's for a small 5% difference, which on the Lex does indeed make a difference:

Extend the current M15SBS to 125th & Lex. Advertise the crap out of it! Make it known. Then allow an extra transfer(only at 125th) for the SBS for those who start their trips with a bus to the subway at their point of origin with a metrocard.

Like I said, even a small percentage make a difference and technically "alleviate overcrowding" and doesn't create an additional SBS.

Interesting as a stop gap till SAS is opened. NICE

To be honest this topic is unimportant...
....And improving manhattan lines that need it more like M11 & making a use for those DHs on the west side hwy into a bus route.....

Explain to me how crowding on the lex is less of a problem or less unimportant than a need for a west side highway bus route.

In making that assertion, what you're implicating is a west side highway bus route is more important than the SAS...

Just saying, M15 SBS still has terrible bunching issues, especially going uptown.

One time I was on it and we got to 68th Street and stopped right by the light. Another SBS came in right behind us, and then a third one stopped in the middle of the street next to both of these buses, discharged passengers, and passed both of the stopped buses that were picking up passengers.

Often times whenever I'm on an M15 SBS and we get to 79th Street, we either stop in the M15 local bus stop because there's already an SBS there, or one comes right behind us during the same light cycle and stops in the local stop.

---

Also, if SBS is the answer, WHICH COMPONENTS WILL HELP BUS SERVICE?

The M101 already has:

- limited service

- bus lanes

- from what I see, not that many people boarding buses (maybe around 5 per stop, 10 max)

All I get from these past few pages are 'SBS isn't the answer'. So what would your solutions be, and don't say 'add more subway service' as Lexington av is either at or over capacity.

SBS on Lexington Av isn't the answer.

Improved SBS on the M15 to make it reliable would help. Waiting 10+ minutes for a bus during rush hour because of bunching issues is ridiculous.

Also, a super express M15 SBS could help:

South Ferry

Wall St

Fulton St

Grand St

14th St

34th St

57th St

68th St

79th St

86th St

(Not familiar with ridership above that, but possibly it could do 96th then 125th)

The extension of the M15 SBS to Lex isn't a bad idea either, although it should use 124th/126th Streets to avoid heavy traffic and turn around like the M35 does. That would also help riders from MetroNorth going to/from the East Side avoid the (6))

Explain to me how crowding on the lex is less of a problem or less unimportant than a need for a west side highway bus route.

In making that assertion, what you're implicating is a west side highway bus route is more important than the SAS...

It is not more important that SAS but it fills a current transit gap while putting those DHs to use even if they are from SI some of em. Fixing gaps in the network are more important than the unrealistic dream of getting subway riders onto a bus. However for lex line there may be a wierd solution to this allow open door MNRR use from 125th to grand central. Plus the crowds are there but on weekends you guys are overblowing the problem it is not as bad as you think.

Archived