Of the four builders with NY factories, who should get the R211 contract?

RPTA

Considering that the MTA seems to have a preference for builders with NY factories when it comes to subway car orders, of the four, who do you think should get the R211 contract - Bombardier, Kawasaki, Alstom, or CAF?

I was happy to see Bombardier win the R179 contract instead of Kawasaki/ALSKAW, since Bombardier hasn't won an order from the MTA since the R142. However, I think for the R211, the MTA should give CAF a chance for a nice change.

What we need is something new.... I'm sure no one want's it where there is no variety (mta workers and fanners alike) or is that just me?

CAF or Bombardier but like always.... the lowest bidder gets it.

What we need is something new.... I'm sure no one want's it where there is no variety (mta workers and fanners alike) or is that just me?

CAF or Bombardier but like always.... the lowest bidder gets it.

You don't need a different builder to have variety because you can have a train that looks like the previous but built by someone else.

What we need is a new look, not new builders.

You don't need a different builder to have variety because you can have a train that looks like the previous but built by someone else.

What we need is a new look, not new builders.

I know that I'm just saying in general, If the company wants to build something of same design again then what's the point.

eh whatever lol

Archived