Best routes for a bus enthusiast

Aussieinuk

my age and a bunch of em going to queens plaza but yes there was a few white girls going to LIC on it. They boarded at astoria.

You must be joking. I've been on the Q100 a bunch of times and I've yet to see ANY white girls or hipsters on the Q100....

It's not common to see a bunch of white girls & hipsters on that route... that was my point.

Queens Plaza not being a place where you'd see much of either only reinforces my point...

You must be joking. I've been on the Q100 a bunch of times and I've yet to see ANY white girls or hipsters on the Q100....

Damn, all this sterotyping going on. I could believe it given the diversity and wide demographics in Queens. Perhaps you could argue the demographics in Astoria are mainly one particular ethnicity, but when compared to the rest of Queens, the situation is very possible.

Damn, all this sterotyping going on. I could believe it given the diversity and wide demographics in Queens. Perhaps you could argue the demographics in Astoria are mainly one particular ethnicity, but when compared to the rest of Queens, the situation is very possible.

You're speaking as an outsider & it's showing in your post here....

It's bad logic to basically argue that since Queens is diverse, then any bus route in Queens is diverse...

That's not a realistic way of looking at things.... Matter fact, that's stereotyping in itself !

So someone else sees what I see, I see.......

The discussion above reminds me of when I seen a white girl on the B41 a couple of months ago. And she didn't get on or off in Park Slope either :o

I wonder if that weekend that QJT made this observation was the (N) line not running either due to a G.O or it was FUBAR'd?

If the subway was out I could see hipsters flocking to that route as a alternative.

You're speaking as an outsider & it's showing in your post here....

It's bad logic to basically argue that since Queens is diverse, then any bus route in Queens is diverse...

That's not a realistic way of looking at things.... Matter fact, that's stereotyping in itself !

I wasn't saying the Q100 was heavily diverse, I just said it's very possible that Caucasian riders would use the the route. There is also the chance that they weren't even Caucasian, but rather light skinned Latino's. However I don't want to start more bullshit than usual so let move on.

I wasn't saying the Q100 was heavily diverse, I just said it's very possible that Caucasian riders would use the the route. There is also the chance that they weren't even Caucasian, but rather light skinned Latino's. However I don't want to start more bullshit than usual so let move on.

aye, you're the one that quoted my post & accused me of stereotyping.....

Anyway, Yeah anything's possible....

I'm saying it's less than likely, realizing what I've long came to notice about the ridership habits & demographics on that route....

QJT is known to exaggerate shit on these forums anyway....

It's not common to see a bunch of white girls & hipsters on that route... that was my point.

Queens Plaza not being a place where you'd see much of either only reinforces my point...

Chill, I was agreeing with you...

Now that's the truth right there.

aye, you're the one that quoted my post & accused me of stereotyping.....

Anyway, Yeah anything's possible....

I'm saying it's less than likely, realizing what I've long came to notice about the ridership habits & demographics on that route....

I know white ppl rarely use Q100 but yes I was on a Q100 with a white girl before but yes it is indeed rare I just attract strange things that's all like white girls on Q100. I am not lying either.

Ride with me to catch a few :lol: .

Chill, I was agreeing with you...

Fine, but it didn't seem like it.....

"Not like Queens Plaza is a hipster place either...I find that hard to believe, not the Q100. "

Between you and me bro, "getting lucky" with a girl doesn't mean sitting next to her on a bus. ;)

Let him keep telling on himself.....

I know white ppl rarely use Q100 but yes I was on a Q100 with a white girl before but yes it is indeed rare I just attract strange things that's all like white girls on Q100. I am not lying either.

Ride with me to catch a few :lol: .

Mighty funny how it changed from:

"I saw white girls on it and it got crushed with some brave hiptsers."

"my age and a bunch of em going to queens plaza but yes there was a few white girls going to LIC on it. They boarded at astoria."

To....

"but yes I was on a Q100 with a white girl before but yes it is indeed rare"

You thought no one was gonna catch that..... How'd it go from a few white girls (plural) to A white girl (singular).... Which is it ??

And now you're talking about attracting strange things, this & that..... Finding ways to justify exaggerations or lies is what guilty people do, and that snarky remark w/ the smilie afterwards doesn't help your case.....

Long story short, stop with the embellishments.... I'm not just talking about this recent one either...

People know their stuff on this forum....

Just mentioning the Q100 has brought some very interesting comments.

By all means don't be detered, but you likely don't want to deboard at Rikers just to explain your a tourist or anything. They do this whole screening process just to leave, if I recall correctly.

Just mentioning the Q100 has brought some very interesting comments.

Q100 is a rather unique route.... Personally I like the ride...

By all means don't be detered, but you likely don't want to deboard at Rikers just to explain your a tourist or anything.

They do this whole screening process just to leave, if I recall correctly.

Yeah, that's if you enter the actual faciilty (building) after visiting someone or whatever.....

If the bus is not at the fence, you wait behind it until the bus pulls up.... Then when the bus pulls up, the guard opens the fence so pax can board.....

It's not like Essex county jail (NJT #25) for example, where you wait in front of the main entrance (and don't have to be bothered w/ waiting behind any fence) freely until the bus comes....

Anyway, you can get off the Q100 within the island & still get back on a Queens plaza bound bus w/o having to go through a guard or w/e.... I've done both ([visited someone @ Rikers & waited behind that fence for the bus back] & [joyrode out to Rikers w/o ever entering the bldg. & got right back on another southbound bus in front of the fence]).....

I have just looked at Rikers Island on Google Maps. I was astonished at the size of the place. All the prisons in the UK put together would be smaller than RI. If I do ride on the Q100 I think I will get off before it crosses the bridge. That place looks too intimidating for me.

I have just looked at Rikers Island on Google Maps. I was astonished at the size of the place. All the prisons in the UK put together would be smaller than RI. If I do ride on the Q100 I think I will get off before it crosses the bridge. That place looks too intimidating for me.

Damn... and here I was thinking that the prison facilities out there were mad big.....

Truly do learn something everyday.

I can't understand anyone even remotely suggesting a bus route that solely exists to serve a prison as a good idea for a busfanning tourist.

* checks back to see who initially suggested the Q100 *

Threadstarter himself brought it up in jest, or so it would seem.....

Yes - if you ever fly out of LaGuardia Airport, one of the runways takes you right over Rikers. It is certainly larger than the typical prison!

good lord you don't wanna wake up there :lol: yes I was on a bus with a few white girls but normally you wouldn't see em on Q100 jail bus that bus looks evil. Seriously ppl on here need to stop blowing things out of proportion so they can feel like hot stuff.

More like a dose of a truth that your ass can't handle.... STFU.

Archived