Train Operator and Conductor Exam

Blackmanor1000

Well, incase some of you haven't noticed. NYC DCAS finally posted the yearly exam schedule and they are hiring (NYCT) C/Rs and (NYCT) T/Os for those who want to be one :o

8/6 - Conductor Promotional Filing starts

9/3 - Conductor Open Competitive Filing Starts

2/4 - Promotional Train Operator Filing starts

3/4 - Open competitive Train Operator filing starts

Well, if anybody wants those exams, good luck :D.

I think on the conductor exam they should hire at least half of the some 20,000 people on the last list.....I got an 88 on it.....it seems to be a cash cow for the dcas....where does all that money go?.....you got to figure 35 or 40 bucks that is 800k......and that is only counting the ones that passed.....

I think on the conductor exam they should hire at least half of the some 20,000 people on the last list.....I got an 88 on it.....it seems to be a cash cow for the dcas....where does all that money go?.....you got to figure 35 or 40 bucks that is 800k......and that is only counting the ones that passed.....

I got an 88 as well man. Im probably never getting called from that list. Im in the 11,000s.:eek:

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry to get off the subject but does anyone have the status of Exam 2085 Train operator (10/2003) The list is still current , whats the hold up .

A Class of 80 was hired on July 13 (Sunday is the official start date), who was at first all B Div, then they took ten to A Div. Two weeks later a class of around 45 was hired. They are all A Div........ It might be a few months before they call again. Just hold tight if you are on this list.

Thanks for the followup , I guess its just a waiting game. Keep me posted if you hear anything.
Call..1(347)643-8218. Be VERY polite,tell them yur Exam# Social Security# and yur name.This person deals with T/O list info.Don't harass them everyday..lol You can thank me later..:)

• 2 months later...
Ayyyyyyyyyy....What's the deal with the T/O list?Did you call?

You askin' him, 2 months later, lol!!!! Actually, another class is due for January. Which division I don't know, all I know is after our huge class, the next classes all went to the A Div, except the last class, where I was told 11 went to the B Div, and 10 to the A Div. Maybe he got hired already.........

You askin' him, 2 months later, lol!!!! Actually, another class is due for January. Which division I don't know, all I know is after our huge class, the next classes all went to the A Div, except the last class, where I was told 11 went to the B Div, and 10 to the A Div. Maybe he got hired already.........
lol...I remember giving him the cold number(wink,wink) and wondered what happened.TA must be expecting a good number of retirees.

Well some of us T/O's are going to T/D or TSS. I a good feeling about that TSS exam I took but then again I may not take it if called.
Oh sh*t..I forgot!Dave, How was the test?I know alot of people took it.I heard they're getting a new contract also.

The test was fair it started out easy then got harder. Lots of questions on Flagging, Tower Operations and judgement. If you know your Rule Book and Bulletins you passed. The Tower Questions messed me up a bit.

Lots of T/O's took it we jammed that school and we had to wonder Who was running the railroad??? It seemed to run good I experanced no delays waiting for a train Saturday Afternoon.

Archived