B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me why do you have to take the boss exam coming up in June if you took the 4600 exam

The BOSS (Bus Operator Selective Survey) is a mini-psychological exam. The purpose of the exam is to try to eliminate those people who are psychologically unfit - like those who are constantly late for work, those who are not friendly and supportive of their co-workers, etc. It is nothing like the civil service examination.

can't wait to take the boss so we can be one step closer to the pre employment process

how long after we take the boss exam before we get our list number

My educated guess, especially since HR still has 2700 people to work with from the 2613 list...at least 6 months after the BOSS exam is given, maybe 9 months easily.

Hey guys just get home n open my mail guess whatSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Get my latter from mabstoa for 3101 successfully completed the bus operator selection surveySent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

They ask u what do you consider been late 1_ coming to work 1 min late 2-coming to work 5 min late3- coming to work 15 min late4- coming to worry 30 min lateSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The answer is 1 min because u suppose be early 10 to 15 min before ur timeSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Also like should ur supervisor be1- fair2- by the book3 - unfairSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I answer fair but the right answer is by the bookSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trust me its not hard at all u ll passSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Now I pass 3101 exam and score a 100 on 4600 exam and have my cdl class b ps 4 years all I have to do wait to be called thank godSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

So happy time to have a drinkSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

@TONY UR LIST# IS UR RANDOM # FOR 3101Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Since you score 100 on exam 4600 maybe we get call at the same timeSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

But it seems like so many people get a 100 too Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

When u get ur letter from mabstoa to take the survey exam has a random# on the top right corner that would be the same#as ur list#Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

If you still have the letter but if you don't have the letter call mabstoa and they will give it to youSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

hey how is everyone i just got my cdl permit is the a3 restriction and ei except interstate what u need to drive city bus bc the lady in the dmv didn't sound to sure

Not sure. I made the lady at the dmv @34st dont put no limit.She ask me if I was going to drive local only, and I told her no I want no limits. I guess she was being nice to me by asking. The only restriction I have is corrective lens.