B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, just hire on Friday, start March 6 class, I checked my mail today and received another letter to report March 2' for consideration for employment, this means new letters are being sent out this week, check your mail, best to all

Werent u hired already? Why are u receiving that letter than?

Hey everyone, just hire on Friday, start March 6 class, I checked my mail today and received another letter to report March 2' for consideration for employment, this means new letters are being sent out this week, check your mail, best to all

If u were hired how come u got that letter now .. dont understand

Hey, if you pass medical on 28 February, you will be in March 6 class, if med goes well they offer job and sign you up, fingerprint, photo all same day, do you know what they check for on medical, blood pressure , eyes, hearing and sugar test, if your on any prescription meds they questionnaire you take will ask, depending on what they are, that's were you get med hold.

Hey everyone is weird but i also received another letter to report on march 7 for consideration i know this happen to someone else in this forum and it just happened to me it must be an error on the system... bc the letter i received was the letter u get when ur goin to start the process just givin others a heads up ...

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Edited by rafael28

Hey maybe someone can help i have a friend whos undergoin the process also and has a misdemenor which is sealed and he put it in the application and turned it in that way, i then told him if is sealed he didnt have to put it down anyone can help and tell us of thay will hurt him in any way that misdemenor even though is sealed ? Will he still get the job? If anyone can help ill be gladly appreciated thank u

Well as far as I know if something is sealed you don't have to disclose it unless your applying for some type of law enforcement. Now what I would do is mention it on the comment page just in case and bring disposition with me.

No other than law enforcement can see it from my understanding.

Thats what he did well he didnt put anythin on page 18 but he did say that he had a misdemenor in that page were it ask and he took in the disposition... he asked the lady and she told gim he didnt have anythin to wry about that is ok but i mean now that i told him he didnt have to disclose it now he is worried thinkin he messed himself up .. i tell him his ok bc he already got hired and everythin if it would a been a problem they would a never gave him the job he already was told to report for march 6 and took id fingerprints and all supposively..

Oh ok thanks for ur help bro ill defenitly mention this to him ..

Anyone has any idea of a place to buy the clothes for orientation .. somewere theyhave everythin and at a good price?

You just need to shop around (Macy's, Kohl's, etc.) The clothes that you need are not anything "special" in which they're extremely hard to find.

Anyone has any idea of a place to buy the clothes for orientation .. somewere theyhave everythin and at a good price?

You just need to shop around (Macy's, Kohl's, etc.) The clothes that you need are not anything "special" in which they're extremely hard to find.

You want to be comfortable during the process, my suggestions are as follows:

- Make sure there is ample room around your neck.

- Make sure the sleeves on the long sleeve shirts are long enough; extend your arms.

- Wash garments prior to wearing.

Keep in mind that this is your uniform not just for Day 0, or orientation but throughout the whole training process (Days 0 - 10) and beyond. 

Once qualified, measurements will be taken for the standard uniform on "Union Day". But be aware that their vendor is taking their time in issuing uniforms. Many probationary-bus operators from the 10/31/16 and 11/14/16 TA classes have yet to receive their uniforms including myself.

You want to be comfortable during the process, my suggestions are as follows:

- Make sure there is ample room around your neck.

- Make sure the sleeves on the long sleeve shirts are long enough; extend your arms.

- Wash garments prior to wearing.

Keep in mind that this is your uniform not just for Day 0, or orientation but throughout the whole training process (Days 0 - 10) and beyond.

Once qualified, measurements will be taken for the standard uniform on "Union Day". But be aware that their vendor is taking their time in issuing uniforms. Many probationary-bus operators from the 10/31/16 and 11/14/16 TA classes have yet to receive their uniforms including myself.

Oh ok thanks i appreciate ur help... ill defenitly make sure im comfortable ..