I'm contemplating suicide

67thAve

In all seriousness, suicide is never an answer or a solution to anything. You gotta remember you're not alone. There are countless people going through the same thing you are. If you really can't shake off the idea or the feelings of depression, then I would strongly urge seeking help, from a professional. Remember, your family and friends love you.

I have lost interest in a lot of things myself. bowling has been a very good source of entertainment for me though. just a suggestion if that appeals to you. see if you can get good at it and try to go pro and if you cannot, at least it is a source of entertainment, if it is something that appeals to you. I also appreciate the workout it gives me/energy I have to put into it.

as far as other interests, have you studied arthropods, other animals, psychology, philosophy, etc? just naming some topics other than mass transit that might be of interest to you. out of those I find arthropods (particularly insects + arachnids) highly fascinating.

sometimes I sit around bored due to a lack of interest in the world around me, but if I really cannot find anything else to do I will read or watch Spongebob. I still have to finish watching season 7 on the DVDs; once that is over I suppose I will just have to read. (I am not sure if season 8 is on DVD yet.) or possibly buy some other comedy DVDs. cosby show maybe. have not seen that in years.

the episode "Squidward in Clarinetland" was absolutely off the wall. I watched it last night. it was so funny I cried. I had not seen such a funny SB episode in a while prior to last night. some say SB has fallen off over the years, but I still like it. "Squidward in Clarinetland" was a gem.

if possible you should attempt to talk to your siblings to put an end to the issues.

I am not sure how you feel about professional help; if you are ok with it and want it, go ahead and try to obtain it.

I hope my suggestions were helpful.

woahhh just uhh remember you are worth everything and doing that would put your family in more pain, its not the answer  and as for your siblings fight back to protect yourself..

In all seriousness, suicide is never an answer or a solution to anything. You gotta remember you're not alone. There are countless people going through the same thing you are. If you really can't shake off the idea or the feelings of depression, then I would strongly urge seeking help, from a professional. Remember, your family and friends love you.

I have lost interest in a lot of things myself. bowling has been a very good source of entertainment for me though. just a suggestion if that appeals to you. see if you can get good at it and try to go pro and if you cannot, at least it is a source of entertainment, if it is something that appeals to you.

if possible you should attempt to talk to your siblings to put an end to the issues.

I am not sure how you feel about professional help; if you are ok with it go ahead and try to obtain it.

^these three post are the best answers to your problem,Suicide is not in any way,shape or form the answer you need

What the...man committing suicide is not the answer...

idk wtff to say.... but I rather you join a foster home...if you can't take what's going on in your household then move on instead of killing yourself... you got the whole world agreed for you....

Totally agree with what your saying XB.67 Av,you should find something you are interested in and do it or see it or whatever it is but above all,find a way to smile and feel good and enjoy yourself

Life has been going very bad for me recently. My father lost his job, I have no interests anymore, and I'm constantly beaten up by my siblings.

I don't know what to do.

No don't do it! Suicide is not the answer. You do not know what the pangs of death feels like. Furthermore, there is a solution to your problems, you just don't see it. 

You are too young to pull something off like that. We all have bad times but also good times, you have your whole life ahead of you! be strong my friend and do not give up. Talk with your close friends that care for you instead of subcumbing to intense feelings of depression.

Your own life is too precious, do not deprive yourself of your own blessing of life.

I would suggest you get rest and sleep it off, sleep does wonders. If all else fails and the intense feelings of doom and despair persists please talk to a doctor quickly. Please do it.

Listen to him. This advice stands out in better words then i can put it myself.

Life has been going very bad for me recently. My father lost his job, I have no interests anymore, and I'm constantly beaten up by my siblings.

I don't know what to do.

Perhaps I'm not in the best state of mind to offer advice, but this is real talk.

Please remove all thoughts of contemplating suicide from your mind. The act of suicide itself is not a remedy to anything in your life, no matter how tragic.

It's understandable you're dealing with problems, but likely we all have at one point in our lives. I don't want you to use that towards your case, but if you could talk with some people you'd probably find some ways to better manage the hardships of day to day life.

If all else fails at least seek help. You can easily be referred to psychologist at no charge, or even be offered other no cost alternative, but you need to take action.

I know it's difficult, but you owe it to yourself and everyone else around you to remain partaking a role in everyday life.

I don't know what to do.

Talking out your problems with a good friend or confidant is a start.... Shit, posting on these forums is a start..... Something to get your mind off offing yourself..... Staying busy can go a long way, even if it isn't something you're not necessarily interested in.... I don't know, make money, create something, DO something.... There's gotta be something that's motivating you to stay alive, enough for you to have made this post telling us about your situation.....

I'm telling you now man, the more you keep dwelling on your depression, the worse it's gonna get.....

You can go the professional help route too, that can help....

But the advice I got for you right this second is to stay active !

Talking out your problems with a good friend or confidant is a start.... Shit, posting on these forums is a start..... Something to get your mind off offing yourself..... Staying busy can go a long way, even if it isn't something you're not necessarily interested in.... I don't know, make money, create something, DO something.... There's gotta be something that's motivating you to stay alive, enough for you to have made this post telling us about your situation.....

I'm telling you now man, the more you keep dwelling on your depression, the worse it's gonna get.....

You can go the professional help route too, that can help....

But the advice I got for you right this second is to stay active !

Wise advice^ I must say.. 

I myself, had a huge bout with depression and yes, I did consider suicide numerous times!

I get those thoughts out of my head with my photography, which to this day I consider my saving grace and owe myself all to it for saving myself. Doing SOMETHING productive, no matter what it is.. will take your mind off of it and you may find enjoyment out of it, like I did.

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" <- which basically sums it up.

If you off yourself, you may not think of it this way, but a lot of the people in your life are going to be directly affected by it. Your parents, relatives, friends, teachers, are all gonna be affected and devastated. Those who love you are going to be devastated the most. Many people are going to re-evaluate everything as well as themselves and wonder "What could I have done to stop this?" and many in turn may become depressed.. It is like a domino effect.

I decided that hurting my family and friends and putting them through that pain wasn't worth it, and to this day I'm thankful that I never went through with it. It just isn't worth it. Especially with you being young and such, you have your whole life to look forward to little dude. 

I tried to commit suicide 8 years ago and I can tell you it's one of the biggest regrets I have. I have moved on from those problems that were weighing me down. I know how it feels to be alone, but you have more to live for. I hope you get to read these posts before you do something that there is no coming back from. Just take a deep breath and realize that you are more precious than anyone else is worth. You are valuable and loved. Although it may not always seem like that. But I am sure there is someone that loves you deeply and will be hurt.

This is the best place find people with same intrests as yourself and your in NYC so im sure your not far away from people with the same intrest as yourself. If you can go out and fan the transit system or go take up other hobbies and or sports.

I was in the same shoes you were kid back during 6-7 years ago and trust me you don't want to kill yourself. I was depressed, lonely, had a rough time dealing with my family, and a poor social life. I was as miserable as ever and didn't think about anything else but myself. Then I found friends and life did improve in the end. You don't know when life will pick up in the end. Don't kill yourself. It's the last thing you want to do..........

Hey 67th Ave! How are you feeling now? Are you feeling better since this talk? All who posted gave some incredibly good advice, I must admit.

Let me requote this:

My father lost his job,

As far as your dad who is out of work: He may qualify for NYSDOL unemployment insurance. Tell him to not be afraid to apply. He can always claim for unemployment benefits on the basis that his company he is working for laid him off or whatever because of lack of work. Remember that term. That way even if he quit his job he can get around the loophole and qualify for unemployment benefits anyway. On the flipside, if he was fired, then he would *still* automatically qualify for NYS DOL unemployment insurance anyway. The most he can collect max is $405.00 max if I'm correct, somewhere around that figure based on his salary, and will be covered for at least one year. I am not sure if he qualifys for extended benefits but you can call the NYSDOL and ask.

Link: http://www.labor.ny.gov/unemploymentassistance.shtm

Phone: (888) 209-8124

This may solve a heck of alot of problems, even the problems between you and your siblings. In the world of psychology and psychiatry this is called combating stressors as I learned in Nursing school (Which I will be resuming shortyly, long story). Knocking the problems out (as well as seeking medical care as needed, if necessary, it's up to you my friend) will solve the problem and as a result the source of your depression.

Archived