Coat Got Pulled Bug In Ear R160's on the Fox this week?

RTOMan

I understand that they will likely be getting them since crews are being qualified, but what is the reason for the (F) in particular "needing" them to the point where is such a priority? Are there now similar dwell-time problems because of less doors with R-46s?
The reason seems to be because the cars will still be based in Coney Island Yard, and of the Queens lines, (F) has a major storage presence there. (But then, the (R) does too, so who knows why they don't run them on that line).

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reason seems to be because the cars will still be based in Coney Island Yard, and of the Queens lines, F has a major storage presence there. (But then, the (R) does too, so who knows why they don't run them on that line).

(R) runs to 95th- Bay Ridge, nowhere close to Coney Island Yard... the only ways it could get there are via the West End and Sea Beach...

And that's the point. The (F) will be borrowing CIYD equipment, in addition to the normal JYD fleet stored there, or based at the other end.

Was on the (F) train and experienced a smoke condition around 71st and Continental.

While new trains on the (F) would be nice, I think the priority right now should be getting new ventilation systems installed as well as preventing smoke conditions.

Unfortunately due to budget cuts it seems like this has been postponed.

Was on the (F) train and experienced a smoke condition around 71st and Continental.

While new trains on the (F) would be nice, I think the priority right now should be getting new ventilation systems installed as well as preventing smoke conditions.

Unfortunately due to budget cuts it seems like this has been postponed.

Updated fan plants for both the entire 63rd street tunnel and the roosevelt island station should be a priority for (NYCT). Also, they should provide more waste receptacles on platform level so stuff doesn't blow into the track area. Smoldering garbage should be seen as a serious safety threat to/by every person who uses the subway & preventative actions should be taken by all.

As far as subway cars, it's a matter of time before half the cars in the system are NTT. I dont think we'll see regular NTT activity on the (E) (:D(F) and (7) till late december early january, the sheer number of cars being delivered will force their use on the "holdouts".

- A

I dont think we'll see regular NTT activity on the E, B, F, and (7) till late december early january,

December or January of what year? Hehe. From what's being said, I doubt that any R-142s, R-188s or w/e they're called are gonna see (7) service quite that soon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the info regarding their ordering, specifications, etc. still a bit sketchy?

December or January of what year? Hehe. From what's being said, I doubt that any R-142s, R-188s or w/e they're called are gonna see (7) service quite that soon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the info regarding their ordering, specifications, etc. still a bit sketchy?

Not this year for the (7) but totally this year i think for the (:D(E) and (F).

- A

Updated fan plants for both the entire 63rd street tunnel and the roosevelt island station should be a priority for (NYCT). Also, they should provide more waste receptacles on platform level so stuff doesn't blow into the track area. Smoldering garbage should be seen as a serious safety threat to/by every person who uses the subway & preventative actions should be taken by all.

As far as subway cars, it's a matter of time before half the cars in the system are NTT. I dont think we'll see regular NTT activity on the (E) (:)(F) and (7) till late december early january, the sheer number of cars being delivered will force their use on the "holdouts".

- A

Speaking of garbage, they really need to send the Vac Trac through the 53rd St. stations, particularly Lex. REALLY.

Agree.

- A

Still the same cars on the (F) line. No changes. Same subway system as bad as ever. Tons of service advisories on the (E) and (F) till end of October with many of them already finished on the (F) minus track work during peak hours. You never notice any changes or improvements.

Archived