MTA bus job 'pick cars' cost taxpayers $270G per year: arbitrator

Harry

I don't think a web based program would cost 270k a year... <_< If it did, then it would explain why the (MTA) constantly cries broke.

Within management in the public and private sector in general, the reason they implement web based systems for attendance is to save money and reduce the potential for abusing the timeclock, such as 'buddy punching'. Also time savings and labor costs in processing calculations for paychecks from timecards as the web based system integrates hours worked into payroll and sent to labor management databases automatically, on the fly reducing on the time consuming tasks on processing pay for employees. Don't kill the messenger I am just yet another mindless drone in the US workforce working in shackles and chains under management like everyone else here.

I would hope you would get the larger scope of the point to my post - people can get by without a flashy electronic device, and at the same time not "waste" your "precious taxpayer money" (as an out of towner, I cannot offer my perspective on that respective issue) - take note, none of the subway divisions, or other bus divisions have such a shuttle in place, yet they also lack an electronic pick system.

Enough with the arguing bullshit (VG8).  Move on and let other members get a chance to respond to the damn article.

I had to look at my title bar to see what I was reading, before realizing I wasn't in the wrong thread. <_<

The contract arbitrator who just ruled that New York’s MTA can’t stop its high-priced shuttle service for Bronx bus drivers has been pink-slipped by the authority, the Daily News has learned.

Richard Adelman has been the independent arbitrator of contract disputes between the NYC Transit division and the Transport Workers Union Local 100 for a dozen years

Reading the snips from the article reminds me of what Snowblock mentioned in another thread: that transit workers working in the MTA Subways division is encouraged (or was it mandated?) to use the subway to get to work so as to prevent transit workers from being late, ensuring that the operation runs smoothly. So apparently that's the same reasoning behind the shuttle service for B/O's?

The first article Harry posted hinted on this: smooth operation.

Archived