The 9 line is not compelety gone on mta website service information

Kexpress

Does anybody think the (9) should come back to service to skip stop with (1) again?

yeah i think it should, it was much faster to get to a place, with the problem with stations being packed with Passangers

Hum. I think they are going to re-activate it once the new south ferry is done.

- Andy

The problem wasn't the turn around at South Ferry, the problem was that too many areas wanted to the (9) to stop in their neighborhood, to the point they complained to the MTA. Also the (9) cause confusion and whatnot.

The (1) is not that bad of a ride. Its pretty quick and frequent so I think the (9) shouldn't return.

The problem wasn't the turn around at South Ferry, the problem was that too many areas wanted to the (9) to stop in their neighborhood, to the point they complained to the MTA. Also the (9) cause confusion and whatnot.

The (1) is not that bad of a ride. Its pretty quick and frequent so I think the (9) shouldn't return.

I thought it was becuz it caused delays for riders who had to wait for the (1) . same for the (9)

I think the (9) wont go anywhere, lol at least in stations and maps, at 137rth Street the Neighborhood map have the (1) and (9) and at most station in harlem and the BX (9) signes unchanged , go figure lol. Only way Ill say the (9) is back for good is if people would pr0test to the TA for the comeback of the train..

The only way the (9) comes back is if the(MTA) wants to provide more frequent service to the central business district . (1) service from VC Park to South Ferry and (9) service from 137th St. to South Ferry. That's the way the line was originally run and it had the most frequent service on the West side IRT. Alternate (1) trains made the full trip. That's also why there is a storage yard at 137th St.

The only way the (9) comes back is if the(MTA) wants to provide more frequent service to the central business district . (1) service from VC Park to South Ferry and (9) service from 137th St. to South Ferry. That's the way the line was originally run and it had the most frequent service on the West side IRT. Alternate (1) trains made the full trip. That's also why there is a storage yard at 137th St.

I have always thought since i first rode the (9) back in 2001 that it would be great if it went from times square to penn station then no stops till way downtown, like chambers street. Would be awesome in combo with new cortlandt street station & connection to PATH..... I think this would alleviate SOME IRT crowding. Would also work great once SAS is completed, have a (9) express south of penn station, and a <4> super express from GCT to fulton street and a <(T)> from 59th street local to GCT then also to fulton no stops. You could connect <4> and <(T)> via transfer or underground passageway. You could even have them not run late nights & weekends when biz passengers are not gonna be causing crowding.

- Andy

i think they are going to put the (9) back in service,when i was getting of and R42 (E) train,the billboard said transfer for (1),(2),(3),(7),(9) i got on camera will upload it to youtube right away!

that doesnt mean anything, the TA could of forgotten to remove the (9) Signs

Hum. I think they are going to re-activate it once the new south ferry is done.

- Andy

oh rly? when did they say that?

that doesnt mean anything, the TA could of forgotten to remove the (9) Signs

there is one at times square...

the ta is prolly:

1. lazy to take everything down

2. just wanted to confuse tourists and make them wait for a train that will never turn up

3. has too little money to take down da last sign

oh rly? when did they say that?

there is one at times square...

the ta is prolly:

1. lazy to take everything down

2. just wanted to confuse tourists and make them wait for a train that will never turn up

3. has too little money to take down da last sign

if u go to Northern manhattan and Bronx (9) signs still there, ether some as*hole is removing the black sticker or ta forgot

Archived