Official Rapid Transit Trivia Thread

East New York

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My turn... Easy one

Name all the lines that ran and still run on the Manhattan Bridge since 1980

the following lines (:D(D)(N)(Q) and one time i dont know when the (W) and the (V) went across it. it was some thing the (MTA) was testing out. making the (W) and (V) cross it. i do not now maybe i got it wrong

Since the date in question is 1980, you missed the QB in addition to the Q.

Also, I don't know anything about a test run, but I'm 99% sure the (V) never ran on the Manhattan Bridge; it was always a local train. The (W) did run on the bridge, not as a test, but because when it was first introduced during the Manhattan Bridge and Coney Island construction, it was the Broadway express instead of the (N).

Let's not forget about the <Q>, (Q6Av), the old Broadway Line (T), and old Nassau Street Services that used the Nassau Street Loop to get on the bridge back on the olden days.

Since 1980. That eliminates the T and Nassau Street. I just figured that (Q) took care of all manner of Q, but I guess if I was getting nitpicky about the QB - which was basically just renamed into the (Q) - I should have mentioned the diamond Q and orange Q as well.

I'll post a question again since it seems like the thread died... (Did we ever get an answer to the 60th Street top speed question? I found one place that says 62mph, but he only says that because he was on that train. There could be faster ones out there...)

Anyway, two-part question....

1) The 6th Avenue Line opened in 1940, served by the BB, D, and F. Name the southern terminal for each train.

2) In 1954, the IND took over the Culver line. What were the new southern terminals for the D and F?

I'll post a question again since it seems like the thread died... (Did we ever get an answer to the 60th Street top speed question? I found one place that says 62mph, but he only says that because he was on that train. There could be faster ones out there...)

Anyway, two-part question....

1) The 6th Avenue Line opened in 1940, served by the BB, D, and F. Name the southern terminal for each train.

2) In 1954, the IND took over the Culver line. What were the new southern terminals for the D and F?

To question 1. (BB) to 34th Street-Herald Square, (D) to World Trade Center and (F) to Church Avenue!

To question 2: (D) to Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue and (F) to Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue!

You got 4 out of 5. The (F) didn't serve Coney Island regularly until 1967 (when the D moved to the Brighton Line post-Chrystie.)

Hint: It stayed at Church during off-hours, but during rush hours (and later all day weekdays), it turned here instead zto let more D trains run to Brooklyn.

You got 4 out of 5. The (F) didn't serve Coney Island regularly until 1967 (when the D moved to the Brighton Line post-Chrystie.)

Hint: It stayed at Church during off-hours, but during rush hours (and later all day weekdays), it turned here instead zto let more D trains run to Brooklyn.

Broadway-Lafayette Street?

Archived