Bronx Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

cotb16

why do you have to just blast me like that just correct me about that area as I saw many jewish places of worship well areas on the last ending part of the Q84 care to chime in on some demographic data.

The last time I checked, most if not of the 84's riders are...Black. The only thing Jewish it goes by is Montefiore Cemetery.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time I checked, most if not of the 84's riders are...Black. The only thing Jewish it goes by is Montefiore Cemetery.

What he tried to do is lump the demographics of neighboring valley stream in with laurelton......

As if the Q84 serves valley stream..... smh...

lol... He's in denial.

I said some.  It's spread out.  Remember that Woodlawn isn't that big.  It's a neighborhood of roughly 8,000 residents.  To give you an idea of how small it is, Riverdale has about 48,000 residents.  Therefore, some of the ridership has to come from the Concourse.  It spends most of its time on the Concourse, which is also more dense than Woodlawn.

yep, It's obvious that he's saying f*** you to concourse express riders.....

Dude doesn't care how small woodlawn is; as long as it can take a highway to get there, everything's all good in his eyes.....

Fact of the matter is, his focus is in the wrong place.... He wants to sacrifice ridership for SPEED, something you just don't do....

Why do I have to blast you....

No, the better question is - Why do you have to lie?

I don't need demographic data for something that isn't remotely true..... But since you insist:

http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Laurelton-Springfield-Gardens-NY.html

I already know that the riders on the Q84 is majorically black, AINEC - which is why I'm calling this bullshit out about the area around the Q84 being largely jewish... I'm just waiting for some resident of SE Queens to further check you on this new-told lie...... I didn't forget that other lie you told about the BxM4 being mostly minorities....

The last ending part of the 84 is adjacent the lawl-ton (laurelton) parkway, and is all residential....

You are lying through your typing fingers, just stop it....

don't have to be as asshat about it.

lol... He's in denial.

I said some.  It's spread out.  Remember that Woodlawn isn't that big.  It's a neighborhood of roughly 8,000 residents.  To give you an idea of how small it is, Riverdale has about 48,000 residents.  Therefore, some of the ridership has to come from the Concourse.  It spends most of its time on the Concourse, which is also more dense than Woodlawn.

well then that is that.

Ok I see

What he tried to do is lump the demographics of neighboring valley stream in with laurelton......

As if the Q84 serves valley stream..... smh...

yep, It's obvious that he's saying f*** you to concourse express riders.....

Dude doesn't care how small woodlawn is; as long as it can take a highway to get there, everything's all good in his eyes.....

Fact of the matter is, his focus is in the wrong place.... He wants to sacrifice ridership for SPEED, something you just don't do....

that ridership group is simply not big enough too bad service is for areas that actually demonstrate a need. service will just be adjusted to match it's ridership eventually.

so aren't there many blacks by the Q113 local's far rockaway segment the segment not shared with Q113 LTD?

Edited by qjtransitmaster

don't have to be as asshat about it.

Don't have to lie about shit either..... Stop talkin out of your behind so much & you wouldn't have this problem.

so aren't there many blacks by the Q113 local's far rockaway segment the segment not shared with Q113 LTD?

ehh, bring this up in the Queens thread...

that ridership group is simply not big enough too bad service is for areas that actually demonstrate a need. service will just be adjusted to match it's ridership eventually.

Neither is the norwood/woodlawn riderbase of the BxM4.....

You can keep on ignoring that to support having more BxM4's take the deegan all you want - it's not gonna change the fact of how the current route is utilized....

Don't have to lie about shit either..... Stop talkin out of your behind so much & you wouldn't have this problem.

ehh, bring this up in the Queens thread...

Neither is the norwood/woodlawn riderbase of the BxM4.....

You can keep on ignoring that to support having more BxM4's take the deegan all you want - it's not gonna change the fact of how the current route is utilized....

In bold but being an asshat doesn't solve things either as I won't even bother engaging you on that level. I see well then it can just get dropped then.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

In bold but being an asshat doesn't solve things either as I won't even bother engaging you on that level. I see well then it can just get dropped then.

QJT, Get real, There's nothing to solve... You flat out LIED.

All this is now, is that you're trying to shame me for the way I'm addressing you - to take the heat off your ass that you lied....

You asked for demographical damn data, you got it.... Don't now come on here projecting your embarrassment onto me by continuing to call me an damn asshat, then try to drop this exchange on some pseudo diplomatic crap after the fact..... Not gonna let you get away with that shit.....

You wanna drop this whole thing, admit that you lied w/o the name-calling....

QJT, Get real, There's nothing to solve... You flat out LIED.

All this is now, is that you're trying to shame me for the way I'm addressing you - to take the heat off your ass that you lied....

You asked for demographical damn data, you got it.... Don't now come on here projecting your embarrassment onto me by continuing to call me an damn asshat, then try to drop this exchange on some pseudo diplomatic crap after the fact..... Not gonna let you get away with that shit.....

You wanna drop this whole thing, admit that you lied w/o the name-calling....

ok no name calling done

and that will accomplish?

If you want to be real here nothing in this thread has been accomplished at all. Point blank nothing.

I'll be blunt, all these proposals mean nothing to the MTA or anyone else outside of here. Reality is all this is fantasy stuff, and honestly this entire thread and the others like it have been interpreted much more seriously than it has to be.

And the statement above goes out to everyone.

and that will accomplish?

Your further embarrassment....

Because you having lied about route demographics TWICE is the truth - plain for everyone here to see in black & white.

If you want to be real here nothing in this thread has been accomplished at all. Point blank nothing.

I'll be blunt, all these proposals mean nothing to the MTA or anyone else outside of here. Reality is all this is fantasy stuff, and honestly this entire thread and the others like it have been interpreted much more seriously than it has to be.

And the statement above goes out to everyone.

Which includes your posts involving any type of proposal.

I'm not denying that.

I'd be lucky if the MTA ever did anything to the Bx20, or the B74, but we all know that's not happening.

which is why I could care less about any BS folks come on here with I don't feel like arguing I won't do it it's BULLSHIT. Ohh FYI NYC is NOT in any of my typed proposals at all. I have to get into a good program first and change accordingly. Ohh if you have to bash fantasy it goes to show how pathetic one can be. Now if you give feedback rather than instigate an argument that is much more respectful.

which is why I could care less about any BS folks come on here with I don't feel like arguing I won't do it it's BULLSHIT. Ohh FYI NYC is NOT in any of my typed proposals at all. I have to get into a good program first and change accordingly. Ohh if you have to bash fantasy it goes to show how pathetic one can be. Now if you give feedback rather than instigate an argument that is much more respectful.

Well look dude, nobody cares what you don't feel like doing & nobody has to cater to your feelings.... You bring things onto yourself with your commentaries then wanna whine & boo hoo about people arguing with you when you're called out on your bullshit - then display this false bravado like you're unaffected by the backlash you get.... It's not just with me you've done this with on here.... You truly have a warped sense of reality if you think people aren't gonna hold you to what you say..... You don't get to say whatever you want AND try to dictate how people should respond....

There is no respectful way of pointing out the fact that someone lied.... Lying, is a negative....

You just don't like the fact that people hold you to what you say on here.... That's just too bad.... Life doesn't work the way you want it to.

How about thinking & trying to be a little more accurate with what you say before you hit the post button.....

You could go a long way to alleviate the backlash you get, you stay claiming you don't care about.....

I'm not denying that.

I'd be lucky if the MTA ever did anything to the Bx20, or the B74, but we all know that's not happening.

Alright, just wanted to make sure that you were including yourself - since you posted that message so authoritatively to everyone else....

As far altering the B74 or the Bx20 (to TRY to get this thread back on track).... Riverdalians are lucky they didn't axe the Bx20 outright back in 2010..... To be perfectly honest, I'm somewhat surprised that route was spared by the MTA (although overall service was severely cut, leaving the route to just peak hour service)..... Of course they'll [mta] blurt out the fact that the CPR (cardiopulm Cost per Rider) decreased with the Bx20 cuts.....

(.....now here's where VG8 chimes in, in 5, 4, 3, 2.......)

As far altering the B74 or the Bx20 (to TRY to get this thread back on track).... Riverdalians are lucky they didn't axe the Bx20 outright back in 2010..... To be perfectly honest, I'm somewhat surprised that route was spared by the MTA (although overall service was severely cut, leaving the route to just peak hour service)..... Of course they'll [mta] blurt out the fact that the CPR (cardiopulm Cost per Rider) decreased with the Bx20 cuts.....

lol... I was going to respond to Turbo but I'll reply as to why the Bx20 was spared.  I think I mentioned this earlier, but the argument was that without the Bx20, those south of 239th along the Henry Hudson Parkway would be forced into a two fare zone if they needed to get to the (A).  I personally don't know how anyone tolerates using that set up because the Bx20 runs like absolute sh*t.  You can see 3 Bx10's pass by to every Bx20.  I don't mean to be an advocate for the express buses here, but I don't know how all of those people deal with the sh*t local bus service in Riverdale and then take the (1) or the (A) back and forth. It's a very tiring and long commute and the erratic local bus service just complicates things that much more.  I can also say in my second year living here that this commute becomes quite tiring particularly during the summer months because of the humidity, the heat and the stairs and that's with the express bus.  It's actually a little less taxing because of all the trees that provide shade and the humidity is better up here compared to   the city, but the hills and stairs take away any so called "gains".

I don't think I could tolerate using the local bus to the subway.  It's just too tiring on the body.  In fact I've heard that some people eventually try to work from home because of this very reason and I can understand why.  I dealt with the hills on Staten Island too but here it's the stairs and the hills and both are much steeper.  Yes, I've become used to them in terms of building up stamina and so on but there are some days where I just don't feel like dealing with any of it.  

Here what also annoys me are the rolling hills where you can take stairs then be slammed with a hill, then go down hill and then up hill again, so having the Bx20 there I'm sure helps those people for that reason as well.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Alright, just wanted to make sure that you were including yourself - since you posted that message so authoritatively to everyone else....

Speaking of which I think an apology is in order. My earlier statement was very sardonic to say the least. I can't retract it, but take this as myself noting that was a ridiculous statement.

Exactly why I added my proposal earlier this month. I heard some interesting feedback on both sides, which convinced me that such an extension of the Bx20 wouldn't be feasible at this point in time. Either way, even had it gained all positive feedback the MTA wouldn't do anything with it.

On a side note, ironic how prompt Via's response was.

lol... I was going to respond to Turbo but I'll reply as to why the Bx20 was spared.  I think I mentioned this earlier, but the argument was that without the Bx20, those south of 239th along the Henry Hudson Parkway would be forced into a two fare zone if they needed to get to the (A).  I personally don't know how anyone tolerates using that set up because the Bx20 runs like absolute sh*t.  You can see 3 Bx10's pass by to every Bx20.  I don't mean to be an advocate for the express buses here, but I don't know how all of those people deal with the sh*t local bus service in Riverdale and then take the (1) or the (A) back and forth. It's a very tiring and long commute and the erratic local bus service just complicates things that much more.  I can also say in my second year living here that this commute becomes quite tiring particularly during the summer months because of the humidity, the heat and the stairs and that's with the express bus.  It's actually a little less taxing because of all the trees that provide shade and the humidity is better up here compared to   the city, but the hills and stairs take away any so called "gains".

I don't think I could tolerate using the local bus to the subway.  It's just too tiring on the body.  In fact I've heard that some people eventually try to work from home because of this very reason and I can understand why.  I dealt with the hills on Staten Island too but here it's the stairs and the hills and both are much steeper.  Yes, I've become used to them in terms of building up stamina and so on but there are some days where I just don't feel like dealing with any of it.  

Here what also annoys me are the rolling hills where you can take stairs then be slammed with a hill, then go down hill and then up hill again, so having the Bx20 there I'm sure helps those people for that reason as well.

Out of curiosity what were you going to reply?

For the most part I think you've made your Bx20 stance clear.

The only thing I would add to what I posted is I wonder why Kingsbridge has such reliability issues with so many routes...

Well I'd assume it varies by route. If you're referring specifically to the Bx7 and Bx10 (and Bx20 to a lesser extent) the routes bunch as likely they're double backed and have to stop together. Top that with a fair portion of people trying to reach the (1) and it's easy to see why bunching is apparent along the routes.

If there is another situation you are referencing I may or may not be of help, but always feel free to ask.

Well I'd assume it varies by route. If you're referring specifically to the Bx7 and Bx10 (and Bx20 to a lesser extent) the routes bunch as likely they're double backed and have to stop together. Top that with a fair portion of people trying to reach the (1) and it's easy to see why bunching is apparent along the routes.

If there is another situation you are referencing I may or may not be of help, but always feel free to ask.

Yeah well there are quite a few short turned Bx7's and Bx10's, but even with that there is still bad bunching.

.what causes the bunching?

in Riverdale i assume it's in part to having multiple bus stops along the major corridors being served by up to six bus routes at any given time.

Elsewhere in The Bronx, it's also likely due to segments where multiple routes share the same stops. There are other high density areas with bunching as well, Co Op City for example.

Edited by Turbo19

in Riverdale i assume it's in part to having multiple bus stops along the major corridors being served by up to six bus routes at any given time.

Elsewhere in The Bronx, it's also likely due to segments where multiple routes share the same stops. There are other high density areas with bunching as well, Co Op City for example.

including the hudson raillinks huh doesn't riverdale only have 2 bus lines or are you talking about Bx10 segments?

including the hudson raillinks huh doesn't riverdale only have 2 bus lines or are you talking about Bx10 segments?

I'm referring to segments served by routes :bus_bullet_bx7: , :bus_bullet_bx10: , :bus_bullet_bx20: , :bus_bullet_bxm1: , :bus_bullet_bxm2: & :bus_bullet_bxm18: . Now that you mention the Rail Link you can factor that in as well, but I'm leaning toward it being mainly in part to MTA routes bunching.