Bronx Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

cotb16

Unless you can actually provide proof of large amounts of commuting between Westchester Square and Eastern Queens, your point is moot. Most people in Queens with jobs or doing residency in hospitals would be commuting to either New York Hospital in Flushing, North Shore-LIJ, Jamaica Hospital, or a Manhattan hospital.

I'm well aware :P

The amount of times he's brought up an Eastern Queens - Bronx route without providing evidence of an actual need for one other than "the Q44 goes too far west and the Q50 is crap" is too high to count. If the Bronx needs more service to its eastern bits, you can just boost Q50 service. There's no need for a whole new bus route.

I am aware of the Q50 there is a reason why I suggested it as a modified eastern and route instead of a whole new route altogether did you completely ignore the points I made? Q50 only goes to flushing and getting to flushing requires using a slow Q12&13 try again.

The demand is obviously there? Does this guy think anymore?

Do you think? You just pretend like you have an argument in reality it's just anti QJ crap.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am aware of the Q50 there is a reason why I suggested it as a modified eastern and route instead of a whole new route altogether did you completely ignore the points I made? Q50 only goes to flushing and getting to flushing requires using a slow Q12&13 try again.

Do you think? You just pretend like you have an argument in reality it's just anti QJ crap.

Go to hell man. You must think the (MTA) has a billion dollars up their ass.

The Q31 is one of the lesser routes of Queens. Of all the routes to link to, why that?

Also, what on earth does the second part of that statement even mean? People drive in all directions, wherever they want to. That doesn't necessarily mean that we should attempt to serve every trip by transit.

The second part is me asking if most of the eastern queen traffic coming from cross island and Clearview to the belt most are just going to Brooklyn? I've noticed that must be where they are heading other than JFK correct?

Go to hell man. You must think the (MTA) has a billion dollars up their ass.

Why you think I suggest it as low medium priority rather than a must have like that. Unless the area hospitals fund it then it can work otherwise low priority is that easier to understand?

LMAO... Oh boy...

He mad cause it's true.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

The second part is me asking if most of the eastern queen traffic coming from cross island and Clearview to the belt most are just going to Brooklyn? I've noticed that must be where they are heading other than JFK correct?

Why you think I suggest it as low medium priority rather than a must have like that. Unless the area hospitals fund it then it can work otherwise low priority is that easier to understand?

Uh, no. You were asked before, where is the demand for a Westchester Sq-Bay Terrace route? How many people do YOU know make that trip?

Uh, no. You were asked before, where is the demand for a Westchester Sq-Bay Terrace route? How many people do YOU know make that trip?

Ohh nevermind as a separate route probably not between those 2 points alone. I suggested an extension of the 31 cause it links to areas past bay terrace on Springfield Blvd or 188th where combined demand for going to that area can be made or created. As in multiple area link to a route that can go to Westchester sq drawing riders from those eastern corridor via connection. Reducing transfer burden which is hard to measure cause the trip requires 5 buses to get from that part of queens to Westchester sq. Ect. A new route would only end up getting merged with Q31 anyway. That cuts the trip to 2 buses instead of 3 where one of em is every 30 minutes adding additional travel time making the current transit trip tedious and time consuming. The real question is even if Q31 is kept as is ending in the middle of nowhere. The trip via flushing can be cut down either via Bx31 extension via the parkway down to queens. Or via Another route from flushing. 

Theoretically if one used the LIRR from the Q31/27 that was timed and went to flushing the trip time can still be cut down by way of more direct route from flushing without touching Q31 which is why I stated medium low on priority scale. However to find that out I'd have to ask a ton of people.

Ohh nevermind as a separate route probably not between those 2 points alone. I suggested an extension of the 31 cause it links to areas past bay terrace on Springfield Blvd or 188th where combined demand for going to that area can be made or created. As in multiple area link to a route that can go to Westchester sq drawing riders from those eastern corridor via connection. Reducing transfer burden which is hard to measure cause the trip requires 5 buses to get from that part of queens to Westchester sq. Ect. A new route would only end up getting merged with Q31 anyway. That cuts the trip to 2 buses instead of 3 where one of em is every 30 minutes adding additional travel time making the current transit trip tedious and time consuming. The real question is even if Q31 is kept as is ending in the middle of nowhere. The trip via flushing can be cut down either via Bx31 extension via the parkway down to queens. Or via Another route from flushing. 

Theoretically if one used the LIRR from the Q31/27 that was timed and went to flushing the trip time can still be cut down by way of more direct route from flushing without touching Q31 which is why I stated medium low on priority scale. However to find that out I'd have to ask a ton of people.

No, it doesn't require 5 buses to get from Bay Terrace to Westchester Sq. It's the Q13/28 to the Q44 then (6). The Q31 goes nowhere near Springfield Blvd. I don't think the Q31 or the Bx31 should get extended anywhere for that matter. How often do you do that last statement I highlighted?

Okay,  you are seriously off your rocker.

All buses from Eastern Queens are one transfer away from the Q44. Then, it's another transfer to the IRT for Westchester Square. It's not that hard of a trip to make.

Also, this last bit is exactly why all of your regional bus ideas will fail... you have no idea where people from these areas actually want to go (and trust me, Eastern Queens residents do not want to go to the Bronx.)

Okay, see, here's what you don't get...

The reason your transit routes running on highways don't work is because transit and highways work completely differently. Highways work like large drainage pipes - they collect cars from smaller roads, which collect cars from even smaller roads, and it goes on till you reach a driveway or parking lot.

Transit lines, especially slow local bus lines that stop every two blocks outside of a highway, are straight lines. You will have some people transferring from other straight lines to your straight line from time to time. However, the majority of travel must come from the area surrounding this straight line. This is what your highway lines fail to achieve.

No, it doesn't require 5 buses to get from Bay Terrace to Westchester Sq. It's the Q13/28 to the Q44 then (6). The Q31 goes nowhere near Springfield Blvd. I don't think the Q31 or the Bx31 should get extended anywhere for that matter. How often do you do that last statement I highlighted?

One problem I meant to hospitals in that vicinity. Q13/28 take time however LIRR for quickness can beat that stance I had earlier. Q31 at 46th meets Q27 which does serve Springfield Blvd with very frequent service. While the bx31 extension would make getting to that area easier minus the (6) however the clearance is high enough for it to go directly to flushing with drop offs at 14th and ect en rte. Q31 however would allow one to bypass flushing altogether reducing crowds and potential strain on the Q44. However you would have to question the employees around there and universities themselves to know how big or small the issue is which is why a Q31 extension although useful would depend on how serious the area is about their people's commute by transit. Neither you or I know the full extent of that issue hence why I call it low priority.

Okay,  you are seriously off your rocker.

All buses from Eastern Queens are one transfer away from the Q44. Then, it's another transfer to the IRT for Westchester Square. It's not that hard of a trip to make.

Also, this last bit is exactly why all of your regional bus ideas will fail... you have no idea where people from these areas actually want to go (and trust me, Eastern Queens residents do not want to go to the Bronx.)

Okay, see, here's what you don't get...

The reason your transit routes running on highways don't work is because transit and highways work completely differently. Highways work like large drainage pipes - they collect cars from smaller roads, which collect cars from even smaller roads, and it goes on till you reach a driveway or parking lot.

Transit lines, especially slow local bus lines that stop every two blocks outside of a highway, are straight lines. You will have some people transferring from other straight lines to your straight line from time to time. However, the majority of travel must come from the area surrounding this straight line. This is what your highway lines fail to achieve.

Read my last post. That can be achieved due to the frequency of surrounding local buses. Besides it's a very short stint. You fail to realize how slow those lines are getting to the overburdened Q44. sans Q76. 

However you did interest me a bit with that bold part.  I think you underestimate how much time that gobbles up.

Read my last post. That can be achieved due to the frequency of surrounding local buses. Besides it's a very short stint. You fail to realize how slow those lines are getting to the overburdened Q44. sans Q76.

Of the Queens routes that meet with the Q44, only the Q25, Q65, Q17, Q27, Q43, and Southern Queens buses have to go through the congested areas of Flushing and Jamaica (and in any case, most passengers on the Flushing routes get off at the stop at Kissena and Sanford, avoiding the majority of the transfer by walking a block to Kissena and Main and taking a Q44 there.) The Q88, Q46, and Q64 all get to Main St pretty quickly, and those on the Q25 and Q65 west of HHE are so close to the Q44 that they can just take it into Flushing without much delay. Thus, the only section of Queens your route would actually benefit would be Bay Terrace, Bayside, and the Q27 route north of 164th St and west of HHE, which probably wouldn't be that much of an improvement since the Q44 comes far more frequently than any new bus route would.

I don't know where you get this idea that there is latent demand for such a route. There isn't any. Until you can find a sizable group of riders agitating for Westchester Square, your route will fail. Bus routes that stop every two blocks do not create demand - they only serve what's already there.

I have a few questions to ask you in the queens thread bobtehpanda.

Of the Queens routes that meet with the Q44, only the Q25, Q65, Q17, Q27, Q43, and Southern Queens buses have to go through the congested areas of Flushing and Jamaica (and in any case, most passengers on the Flushing routes get off at the stop at Kissena and Sanford, avoiding the majority of the transfer by walking a block to Kissena and Main and taking a Q44 there.) The Q88, Q46, and Q64 all get to Main St pretty quickly, and those on the Q25 and Q65 west of HHE are so close to the Q44 that they can just take it into Flushing without much delay. Thus, the only section of Queens your route would actually benefit would be Bay Terrace, Bayside, and the Q27 route north of 164th St and west of HHE, which probably wouldn't be that much of an improvement since the Q44 comes far more frequently than any new bus route would.

I don't know where you get this idea that there is latent demand for such a route. There isn't any. Until you can find a sizable group of riders agitating for Westchester Square, your route will fail. Bus routes that stop every two blocks do not create demand - they only serve what's already there.

Hence why I don't think a new bus would work for that purpose 

Getting to those hospitals by westcwester sq  is a PITA cmon the demand is obviously there. However it can be done with a bx route instead though. I said link to residents on 188th & in addition Springfield Blvd which are served by lines that connect to the Q31!!!! Of course bay terrace alone is not good enough look past 1 line sometimes you have to manipulate multiple lines to close a gap rather than via one bus.

Unless the area hospitals fund it then it can work otherwise low priority is that easier to understand?

Extending any ole bus route somewhere doesn't mean you'd address demand, for starters.....

You're exposing yourself as a foamer here (and I don't care much for using that term either)....

Secondly, WHAT F***ING DEMAND between Bronx State hospital (or Calvary) & Northeast Queens?....

Unless the hospitals fund it.... LMAO... Stop talking out of your behind already....

Not what I was thinking you're way off.

Yeah, you'd want to thwart readers into believing this.....

Uhh I just did.

You can make a reply to anything...

However, You addressed nothing - You regurgitated the same justification of bullshit in that post... So, no, you just did not......

Matter fact, you god damn conceded to the guy in a later post !

I'm well aware :P

The amount of times he's brought up an Eastern Queens - Bronx route without providing evidence of an actual need for one other than "the Q44 goes too far west and the Q50 is crap" is too high to count. If the Bronx needs more service to its eastern bits, you can just boost Q50 service. There's no need for a whole new bus route.

Even better - I love how this became about the Q50 all of a sudden.... That's a convenient (and irrelevant) scapegoat to bring up when (he) can't remotely delve into how so much demand there is for Queens - Bronx travel specifically via the Throgs Neck.....

Nice concession here - "Ohh, Nevermind" :lol:

...and what is this crap about a "priority scale"....

At least with the MTA, the "priority" is money (spending close to the minimum of it that they do provide the services that they do)..... This is one reason why you have some routes with 5 min headways & some routes with 20-30 min headways in our system....

What the hell is your "priority" gauged upon? What is it that you stand to lose or gain.....

Either we as transit enthusiasts think a route should be extended, cut, or created to run somewhere, or NOT.... And that's IT !

One problem I meant to hospitals in that vicinity. Q13/28 take time however LIRR for quickness can beat that stance I had earlier. Q31 at 46th meets Q27 which does serve Springfield Blvd with very frequent service. While the bx31 extension would make getting to that area easier minus the (6) however the clearance is high enough for it to go directly to flushing with drop offs at 14th and ect en rte. Q31 however would allow one to bypass flushing altogether reducing crowds and potential strain on the Q44. However you would have to question the employees around there and universities themselves to know how big or small the issue is which is why a Q31 extension although useful would depend on how serious the area is about their people's commute by transit. Neither you or I know the full extent of that issue hence why I call it low priority.

However you did interest me a bit with that bold part.  I think you underestimate how much time that gobbles up.

The definition of insanity.....

Oh the two faced ness

I am not 2 faced I just am grateful for confirmation. I will admit I come off as angry I am not. I do realize that somethings aren't that easy I never said I fully mastered the 5 boroughs did I. I create these ideas on purpose for feedback no need for attacks. I just say it as it is your attitude is quite awful.

Extending any ole bus route somewhere doesn't mean you'd address demand, for starters.....

You're exposing yourself as a foamer here (and I don't care much for using that term either)....

Secondly, WHAT F***ING DEMAND between Bronx State hospital (or Calvary) & Northeast Queens?....

Unless the hospitals fund it.... LMAO... Stop talking out of your behind already....

Yeah, you'd want to thwart readers into believing this.....

You can make a reply to anything...

However, You addressed nothing - You regurgitated the same justification of bullshit in that post... So, no, you just did not......

Matter fact, you god damn conceded to the guy in a later post !

Even better - I love how this became about the Q50 all of a sudden.... That's a convenient (and irrelevant) scapegoat to bring up when (he) can't remotely delve into how so much demand there is for Queens - Bronx travel specifically via the Throgs Neck.....

Nice concession here - "Ohh, Nevermind" :lol:

...and what is this crap about a "priority scale"....

At least with the MTA, the "priority" is money (spending close to the minimum of it that they do provide the services that they do)..... This is one reason why you have some routes with 5 min headways & some routes with 20-30 min headways in our system....

What the hell is your "priority" gauged upon? What is it that you stand to lose or gain.....

Either we as transit enthusiasts think a route should be extended, cut, or created to run somewhere, or NOT.... And that's IT !

The definition of insanity.....

Priority is based on how bad a gap is that's the language I use in my proposals. I simply identify or confirm faults and based on many factors determine how bad or easy it is to fix. I have a few scales I set some High others medium or medium/low based on importance. 

On a side note work on that attitude of yours you come off very rude which makes you seem immature.

Oh the two faced ness

I misled you into thinking I suggested a whole new route. I will survey the area better. You do need to pay attention better your quite easy to trick.

I am not 2 faced I just am grateful for confirmation. I will admit I come off as angry I am not. I do realize that somethings aren't that easy I never said I fully mastered the 5 boroughs did I. I create these ideas on purpose for feedback no need for attacks. I just say it as it is your attitude is quite awful.

Priority is based on how bad a gap is that's the language I use in my proposals. I simply identify or confirm faults and based on many factors determine how bad or easy it is to fix. I have a few scales I set some High others medium or medium/low based on importance.

On a side note work on that attitude of yours you come off very rude which makes you seem immature.

I misled you into thinking I suggested a whole new route. I will survey the area better. You do need to pay attention better your quite easy to trick.

Trick me? Now you're really going off the deep end. You didn't trick me or any of these members on here...Frederick.

No, you're two faced by proposing routes that travel through all four borouhgs and then laugh at an extra Bronx-Queens route.

The only inmature person is you.

Why are you trying to trick people???? How does that help your cause?

...You're an idiot.

Why are you trying to trick people???? How does that help your cause?

Mind you, this is the same MF-er comin on here tryna check someone on their maturity.... aint that a kick in the head....

Ha ha, tricked you, tricked you... Or in his own words, "your quite easy to trick"

What a goof....

Look, Don't worry about my attitude... Worry about backing up your own god damn statements when you're questioned on them.

Shouldn't be too hard to do if there's something called TRUTH behind them....

No, you want to delve into Q43's attitude & my attitude as if that's the source of the bullshit that emanated from the likes of YOU in this discussion.... For years now it's you coming on here pulling shit out of your ass & tryna evade accountability of doing just that, on top of it.... So you get what you deserve - Regardless of your fake bravado of not caring....

Again, where the f*** is this demand for a bus route between the Northeastern part of Queens & the hospitals around Westchester Square....

As far as this nonsense all of a sudden about scales, yeah I bet....

Waits for the bullshit defense...

you are full of that dude don't waste your time.

Mind you, this is the same MF-er comin on here tryna check someone on their maturity.... aint that a kick in the head....

Ha ha, tricked you, tricked you... Or in his own words, "your quite easy to trick"

What a goof....

Look, Don't worry about my attitude... Worry about backing up your own god damn statements when you're questioned on them.

Shouldn't be too hard to do if there's something called TRUTH behind them....

No, you want to delve into Q43's attitude & my attitude as if that's the source of the bullshit that emanated from the likes of YOU in this discussion.... For years now it's you coming on here pulling shit out of your ass & tryna evade accountability of doing just that, on top of it.... So you get what you deserve - Regardless of your fake bravado of not caring....

Again, where the f*** is this demand for a bus route between the Northeastern part of Queens & the hospitals around Westchester Square....

As far as this nonsense all of a sudden about scales, yeah I bet....

I was retorting to breakdeal I will scout the area when I do shops. No need to fake it's just a post on a forum. I don't need to pretend

There is a difference between questioning and being outright disrespectful which it obvious no need to point out the obvious.

you are full of that dude don't waste your time.

I was retorting to breakdeal I will scout the area when I do shops. No need to fake it's just a post on a forum. I don't need to pretend

There is a difference between questioning and being outright disrespectful which it obvious no need to point out the obvious.

How often do you "scout" these areas before you make your ridiculous ass suggestions and try to "trick" people?