D train ranks as MTA's dirtiest in Straphangers Campaign survey

Harry

Well those complaints are well founded... The (A) seems to be better of late from my personal experience but there is always room for improvement.  New cars on that line certainly wouldn't hurt. The cars are a bit brighter than the cars on the (B) and (D) but other than that, nothing else is great.

If only the (A) had R160's...

I don't know why some of you are taking this so personally. Did Straphangers [crap] on your families or something? It just seems like the reaction to Strappies' usual reports is a bit much considering.

On the subject at hand, I'm not surprised the trains are dirtier in general. The amount of slobs riding the trains and treating them like their personal trash cans combined with the cuts in cleaner jobs in the MTA means the trains are less likely to be cleaned. The MTA's asinine push to remove trash cans from the stations doesn't help matters either. While I don't exactly agree with Strappies' methodology of only surveying trains in motion, I also don't agree with the MTA's assessment of cleaner trains or their discrepancies of car cleanliness compared to Strappies.

Yeah, I find the R46s to be relatively faster than the R68s and R68As. I think they should do something about the (A) headway though. Many times I see two (A) trains close to each other, with the first being crowded or the seats all filled up with fewer standees, and the second being almost empty. Then you'll be standing for a good 15 minutes until the same cycle repeats over again. This is from my experiences during middays and weekends.

LOL... That was what I was thinking about... Happens a lot at Columbus Circle for some reason.

Yeah, I find the R46s to be relatively faster than the R68s and R68As. I think they should do something about the (A) headway though. Many times I see two (A) trains close to each other, with the first being crowded or the seats all filled up with fewer standees, and the second being almost empty. Then you'll be standing for a good 15 minutes until the same cycle repeats over again. This is from my experiences during middays and weekends.

This might be because the A has two branches hence two trains show up one after the other but I may be wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived