Question about rolling stock on the R

The northern section of the (R) has some R46s out of Jamaica. The southern section is based out of CI because it doesn't get anywhere close to another yard, and as such, runs mostly R160s. Per the December assignment sheet, the (R) is 100% NTT during the week with the (F) being ~70% R46, but that isn't always the case.

Recently I've been seeing more R46s on the (R) now

They should have been running on the (R) all along. Less of an issue with crowding than anything else out of Jamaica. The (F) needs the 8 extra doors per side and the increased amount of standing room.

I did see a R46 (R) during the week heading to campus for classes during the week. This was during the AM rush on the Brooklyn end of the split. Spotted it as I was on the 6:55AM (N) Broadway express to 57th Street (Yup the dispatchers do this AM rush only on my home line. Since I was heading to school and on the (N) train bypassing it I couldn't get the photo, had to be at school on time). But otherwise yep its infrequent to see, as Snowblock said. I haven't seen too many R46s. Maybe just one and thats it.

The R32 didnt catch it yet. I'll try today.

I did see a R46 (R) during the week heading to campus for classes during the week. This was during the AM rush on the Brooklyn end of the split. Spotted it as I was on the 6:55AM (N) Broadway express to 57th Street (Yup the dispatchers do this AM rush only on my home line. Since I was heading to school and on the (N) train bypassing it I couldn't get the photo, had to be at school on time). But otherwise yep its infrequent to see, as Snowblock said. I haven't seen too many R46s. Maybe just one and thats it.

The R32 didnt catch it yet. I'll try today.

Sorry but I doubt it's running

I looked at 71 Av today from 9:30 to 10:50 AM and didn't see anything.

Yeah I asked a T/O yesterday and he said that they did not send out the R32 (R) . The West End GO was cancelled, so the (N) was running normally on the Sea Beach line. I guess they finished the work @ 59th Street ahead of time, thats probably why. Is it running in the future, the R32 via Broadway/4th Ave Local? Unsure.

Yeah I asked a T/O yesterday and he said that they did not send out the R32 (R) . The West End GO was cancelled, so the (N) was running normally on the Sea Beach line. I guess they finished the work @ 59th Street ahead of time, thats probably why. Is it running in the future, the R32 via Broadway/4th Ave Local? Unsure.e

I sure hope its running and at a convenient time

Archived