What are the worst trains? What lines need improvement

trainfanrod

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would we bring the (T) to Brooklyn when not even Phase 1 of the 2nd Ave Subway is open yet? T service isn't supposed to start until Phase 3 opens and we don't even have Phase 1 open yet. Put it this way, it's going to be a very long time before the T starts running, much less get to Lower Manhattan or Brooklyn. If the purpose is to relieve crowding on the (4) and (5) trains due to increased numbers of people transferring from the (B), (D), (N), (Q) and (R) trains at Atlantic Ave, waiting who-knows-how-many years for the T is not the answer. Extending a small number of (J) trains from Broad St to southern Brooklyn MAY be the answer. I say "may" because right now, there aren't enough cars for that service. There should be when the R179 cars have all been delivered.

I say the  (A) should run exp until midnight like most exp lines in the system...

That also means its shorten version would have to run until midnight too, leading to extra crews which causes money. Aside from the weekday/weekend commute hours, ridership on the (A) is quite low. There really is no need.

That also means its shorten version would have to run until midnight too, leading to extra crews which causes money. Aside from the weekday/weekend commute hours, ridership on the (A) is quite low. There really is no need

I Thought the  (C) ran until midnight...I Dont agree with the  (A) having low ridership..

That also means its shorten version would have to run until midnight too, leading to extra crews which causes money. Aside from the weekday/weekend commute hours, ridership on the (A) is quite low. There really is no need.

Dude ridership isn't low on the (A) between 59th and Broadway junction at those times for trains heading southbound, northbound its light ridership around that time, local (A) trains are packed, hell the R32 A I was on last night was packed going northbound, the (C) should run until at least 11:30-12AM

The (A) train I rode at 8 PM last time I was in the city told quite the different story.

I Thought the  (C) ran until midnight...I Dont agree with the  (A) having low ridership..

Dude ridership isn't low on the (A) between 59th and Broadway junction at those times for trains heading southbound, northbound its light ridership around that time, local (A) trains are packed, hell the R32 A I was on last night was packed going northbound, the (C) should run until at least 11:30-12AM

Then perhaps its time for me to start riding the (A) during 10 pm-12 midnight, depending on which area and railroad direction. Also, to see if they are really full to the brim which results in some people being left behind on the platforms. 

Then perhaps its time for me to start riding the (A) during 10 pm-12 midnight, depending on which area and railroad direction. Also, to see if they are really full to the brim which results in some people being left behind on the platforms.

Between 59th and Broadway Junction heading southbound gains a lot of ridership

• 1 month later...

Archived