Work Train at Coney Island/Stillwell Avenue 8/30/2008

Pablo M 201

Wow, I really like number 3!. Also, a sensitive rolling test is when the T/O leaves the terminal and tests to see if any of the brakes are sticking. What is done is the T/O releases the breaks and puts the master controller in switching till the train is moving at about 3MPH. Then the controller is turned off and the train costs to see if it rolls free. If it does, the train is good to go.

Nice pics I like the first one. I wish I had a real camera.
Thanks!

Wow, you caught a really cool work train. Pics are excellent! B)
Thanks Fred!

Nice work pixs, was that a R33 or R30 with it ?
Thanks Mark! That would be an R33.

Beautiful pics
Thanks Curt!

Nice pics!!
Thanks!

Nice pics. Work trains are nice catches, though I never seem to have my camera with me when one rolls by.
Thanks man!

Wow, I really like number 3!. Also, a sensitive rolling test is when the T/O leaves the terminal and tests to see if any of the brakes are sticking. What is done is the T/O releases the breaks and puts the master controller in switching till the train is moving at about 3MPH. Then the controller is turned off and the train costs to see if it rolls free. If it does, the train is good to go.
Thanks! That 3rd one is a favorite of mine also.

Nice pics! That third one is beast.
Thanks! I was going to take that third one with an R68 or an R160 coming in, but then saw that work train coming and had to take the pic. Good thing it was coming into Track 2.

Archived