Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They still had R32's on the (A). Thought that ended two years ago.

Man how I loved the (A) / (C) summer swap in both 2011 and 2012 for obvious reasons (take a look at my posts in the Proposal Thread if you want), but not just for an RFW. Unfortunately, they didn't have enough R32s to cover half of the (A) 's fleet, which is why some R42s from ENY had to run on the (A) (some other times it was some R46s from Jamaica or Pitkin itself), which cause the spare ratio to lower at those facilities. That's part of the reason why those 2011 and 2012 summer swaps are long gone now.

It's a shame that the (C) can't be permanently full-length either for that very reason. And the (A) would have been better off using 60 feet cars like the (E), (F) and (L) lines. Just my take.

Edited by RollOver

an R32 could pop up on the (M) very soon, expect to only see 4-5 sets at max

when the R179's comes in, some or half the R32's will go back to ether go to 3 of the following

CIY

Jamaica

or Back to 207th for the (A)

with the (W) coming back (its Obvious) but of course we will have to wait for an offical word and The (C), (J), (L), (M) and (Z) getting the R179 8 car order meaning the R32's will have to be pushed somewhere else and those 3 yards are the only choices, the 10 car R179's or ether for the (A) or (Q), plus service ajustments and etc.

My Theroy is Jamaica, My Reason for it being that Jamaica can be 100% 60' footers and no longer have to deal with 75' footers and plus Jamaica could get more R160's from CI yard for an exchange of R46 cars for the (N)/(W)

8713-8842, 9102-9192,8653-8712 would go back to jamaica, thats 280 R160's combined plus the extra 150 R32's = 430 60' footers to replace 340 R46's, thats 42.5 trainsets of R46's, i would give jamaica 164 R32's and the rest would ether stay at ENY or stay at 207th for the (A)

But Again this is only a Theroy and It might not even happen but IMHO it would be smart to make Jamaica 100% 60 footers before the R211 order comes in, and the R32's would only be assigned to the (E)/(F) (they're banned from the (R) until that tube issue is fixed)

I doubt CIY would get them for the (W), CIY and its south brooklyn lines are very political and seeing an R32 on the (N),(Q) or (W) would cause an Uproar

the only logical thing to do if both of the above doesn't happen is have them on the (A) until retirement while half of the (A)'s R46's go to CI for added service

Edited by R32 3838

Will the R179 order entirely replace the remaining rustbirds? Or will there still be some R32s and R42s left over because they need cars for the (W) ?

(Don't get me wrong, I like the old cars but they are in fact rusty.)

Edited by P3F

The R32's will get SMS again in 2018 and stay in the system until 2022.

The R32s are probably going to get new motors from older trains as part of the SMS I remember that's what they did with the R38s back in the early 2000s but there is nothing wrong with them structurally

The R32s are probably going to get new motors from older trains as part of the SMS I remember that's what they did with the R38s back in the early 2000s but there is nothing wrong with them structurally

The propulsion motor systems on the 32s, 68s, 68As and even the 62As already have different sounds because of SMS that they've received in the early 2010s. 

The propulsion motor systems on the 32s, 68s, 68As and even the 62As already have different sounds because of SMS that they've received in the early 2010s.

True, but they are receiving SMS again and if they are going to last they need some serious work done on them

when the R179's comes in, some or half the R32's will go back to ether go to 3 of the following

CIY

Jamaica

with the (W) coming back (its Obvious) but of course we will have to wait for an offical word and The (C), (J), (L), (M) and (Z) getting the R179 8 car order meaning the R32's will have to be pushed somewhere else and those 3 yards are the only choices, the 10 car R179's or ether for the (A) or (Q), plus service ajustments and etc.

My Theroy is Jamaica, My Reason for it being that Jamaica can be 100% 60' footers and no longer have to deal with 75' footers and plus Jamaica could get more R160's from CI yard for an exchange of R46 cars for the (N)/(W)

8713-8842, 9102-9192,8653-8712 would go back to jamaica, thats 280 R160's combined plus the extra 150 R32's = 430 60' footers to replace 340 R46's, thats 42.5 trainsets of R46's, i would give jamaica 164 R32's and the rest would ether stay at ENY or stay at 207th for the (A)

But Again this is only a Theory and It might not even happen but IMHO it would be smart to make Jamaica 100% 60 footers before the R211 order comes in, and the R32's would only be assigned to the (E)/(F) (they're banned from the (R) until that tube issue is fixed)

I doubt CIY would get them for the (W), CIY and its south brooklyn lines are very political and seeing an R32 on the (N), (Q) or (W) would cause an Uproar

the only logical thing to do if both of the above doesn't happen is have them on the (A) until retirement while half of the (A)'s R46's go to CI for added service

Thanks for the suspense! This will be a golden age for railfans!

Also, I will be taking the M on the way home instead of the E a lot more!

If they go back on the E and F I will be so happy!

I can keep ranting on and on about my happiness!

Also, in order to stop thinking about that....

BOMBARDIER BETTER PAY FOR THIS!

I still think that the MTA should be compensated for all of this nonsense while they are having trouble at the same time looking for money.

They should use Kickstarter.

CIY

Jamaica

But Again this is only a Theroy and It might not even happen but IMHO it would be smart to make Jamaica 100% 60 footers before the R211 order comes in, and the R32's would only be assigned to the (E)/(F) (they're banned from the (R) until that tube issue is fixed)

I doubt CIY would get them for the (W), CIY and its south brooklyn lines are very political and seeing an R32 on the (N), (Q) or (W) would cause an Uproar

I dont think the  (N) is that much political in Brooklyn. I do know Brighton is more political. R32s are also banned on the  (N)  (Q)  (B) due to tube issue. 

Edited by j express

Thanks for the suspense! This will be a golden age for railfans!

Also, I will be taking the M on the way home instead of the E a lot more!

If they go back on the E and F I will be so happy!

I can keep ranting on and on about my happiness!

Also, in order to stop thinking about that....

BOMBARDIER BETTER PAY FOR THIS!

I still think that the MTA should be compensated for all of this nonsense while they are having trouble at the same time looking for money.

They should use Kickstarter.

They can't go on the (E) and (F). Jamaica doesn't want them anymore.

Who do you think would support a kickstarter concerning public transportation. The MTA would never do it so we will have to sit here and wait for the R179's.

The MTA is really burning a lot of money on the R32's R42's and Staten Island R44's because they were all set for retirement.

They can't go on the (E) and (F). Jamaica doesn't want them anymore.

Who do you think would support a kickstarter concerning public transportation. The MTA would never do it so we will have to sit here and wait for the R179's.

The MTA is really burning a lot of money on the R32's R42's and Staten Island R44's because they were all set for retirement.

I would.

they'll have to go somewhere in 2017-18, ENY/ 207th will be getting R179's

They may stay in their respective yards or just move around to find a yard that could minimally use the cars. Depends on how late the R179s want to be delivered.

Couldn't they be used for service increases? Such as on the C, which could really use more service.

Well part of the reason they are being kept is for more service. Even if all the R179s get delivered next year, the R32s are definitely gonna stay for another 7 years. 

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Now I know you're trolling because you saw me post it on Facebook yesterday afternoon

Posted what? The same document (that talks about the R32s' extended lives)? That's exactly what Mysterious (B) train posted. But then you had the nerve to say that there was no document that stated that. That's what DJ Hammers was also trying to tell you: that there is a document that stated that.

You just now said that you yourself posted it on Facebook yesterday afternoon, right? Then I assume you knew about it before Mysterious (B) train did and posted in this thread. Going by that logic, why did you yourself say that Mysterious (B) train was wrong then?

So maybe it's you who's trolling.

Edited by RollOver

Posted what? The same document (that talks about the R32s' extended lives). That's exactly what Mysterious (B) train posted. But then you had the nerve to say that there was no document that stated that. That's what DJ Hammers was also trying to tell you: that there is a document that stated that.

You just now said that you yourself posted it on Facebook yesterday afternoon, right? then I assume you knew about it before Mysterious (B) train did and posted in this thread. Going by that logic, why did you yourself say that Mysterious (B) train was wrong then?

So maybe it's you who's trolling.

Because I posted it after Mysterious (B) train showed me. Why you always be attacking people?

Because I posted it after Mysterious (B) train showed me. Why you always be attacking people?

Now you just contradicted yourself...

Okay so you posted it after he showed it to you...and your point is? I was confused at the recent posts in this thread (most notably your response to DJ Hammers when you called him out for trolling), so I wanted to clarify the matter.

Edited by RollOver